Need an artist and a programmer for two projects [PAID]

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: And plenty of them!

Need an artist and a programmer for two projects [PAID]

#1 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

I would like to hire a character artist for two projects (or, possibly, two character artists, each for one project). I will also need a programmer for the battle engine of an sRPG.

The first project is a short WAFF VN, a transgender coming out story named Transformation Sequence, which has had a script done forfreaking ever and just needs sprites and backgrounds for me to finish it. I'd want a kind of cute, cartoony style like this: either a semi-realistic Western style or a shoujo manga one would work well. I'd need 2-3 outfits for 7-8 core characters, and some expressions.

The second project is the first chapter of a strategy RPG with a modern, urban fantasy setting - it heavily riffs on Scott Pilgrim, The World Ends With You, and Mother/Earthbound. I've already got a pixel artist for the game, and will want you to refer to that art and concept art. Something that wouldn't be out of place in TWEWY or something like the more elaborate art in HomeStuck is what I'm looking for - failing that, a similar jagged style, Western or otherwise, would work. Basically, I'd want one outfit, two poses, and a lot of expressions for a cast of about 9-10 core characters.

I also need a battle programmer for the urban fantasy sRPG - someone to make a system so I can plug in the stats of battle maps, monsters, spells and allies. I know about the free one, but that's not available under a commercial license.

I am willing to pay in concept art, writing, proofreading, and possibly in cold hard cash. PM me and haggle; it's negotiable. I am a poor college student, so I would prefer a trade to up-front cash payment, but hopefully both projects will be commercial - I just want something everyone involved finds fair.
She's sun and rain: She's fire and ice. A little crazy, but it's nice.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Need an artist and a programmer for two projects [PAID]

#2 Post by DaFool »

Tsundere Lightning wrote: I also need a battle programmer for the urban fantasy sRPG - someone to make a system so I can plug in the stats of battle maps, monsters, spells and allies. I know about the free one, but that's not available under a commercial license.
Did you actually ask Jake? Just mention you're a fan of chronoluminaire (creator of Elven Relations and the one who made the tile/unit engine that inspired the current Battle Engine)
My SRPG Elspeth's Garden is using the same engine, and it's commercial.

You can put the talent of the programmer into further customizing the engine rather than starting from scratch.

Subaru

#3 Post by Subaru »

Just seeing the name TWEWY is enough to get me really interested. i absolutely love that game, and something like it would be an instant like for me :D
sig by beliver

Tsundere Lightning
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: And plenty of them!

#4 Post by Tsundere Lightning »

DaFool wrote: Did you actually ask Jake? Just mention you're a fan of chronoluminaire (creator of Elven Relations and the one who made the tile/unit engine that inspired the current Battle Engine)
My SRPG Elspeth's Garden is using the same engine, and it's commercial.

You can put the talent of the programmer into further customizing the engine rather than starting from scratch.
To be quite honest, I would like to talk to him about it (and hiring him would be ideal), but... I forgot his name and contact info. :oops:
Subaru wrote:Just seeing the name TWEWY is enough to get me really interested. i absolutely love that game, and something like it would be an instant like for me :D
Time! I won't ever give in, No matter how hard you pull me in! I know gravity ain't no excuse; I just want to make things a little more smooth. Th' majority is still asleep - They're tired of those dreadful dreams - Now let me shout and wake you up!
LET ME WAKE YOU UP!

Woo hoo! It was this project I wanted your music for to begin with.
She's sun and rain: She's fire and ice. A little crazy, but it's nice.
Bliss Stage: Love is your weapon! A sci-fi visual novel about child soldiers coming of age. Kickstarter prerelease here. WIP thread here. Original tabletop game by Ben Lehman here. Tumblr here.