I offer free translations English --> German

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
im_lunna
Projects: Translations of (P)lanets

I offer free translations English --> German

#1 Post by im_lunna »

Hey guys!

I really like all these games that are posted here, and I admire that so many offer their games for free. You seem to do it just because you enjoy working on those games and getting feedback for them.

I am neither a very talented artist or programmer, but I still want to join the fun!
My english skills are certified C1, though I suspect that by now i've reached level C2 and german is my mother-tounge. I love languages and the translation of texts, and I want to do it one day professionally! (Right now I'm studying french, japanese and korean ^_^)

So, if any of you are interested in having your games translated into german, and thus broadening the audience, I would be very happy to help you. I'll do it of course for free - as long as your game is also free of charge ;)

I hope you are interested >////////////<'

In anxious anticipation,
Miri :)

P.s.
Edit: I just realized I haven't proven in any way that I am good in translations. Well, sadly, I have not yet much to show. I've translated work-related e-mails and contracts english-> german and vice versa for friends & family (doctors, salesmen, etc) and i've done in my free time some subbing and dubbing of anime, but nothing i've shown yet to the public (>///<'). But I'll start translating (P)lanets soon (and hopefully also other work will come along) and as soon as these things are online, i'll post the links here for reference :)
Last edited by im_lunna on Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

Re: I offer free translations English --> German

#2 Post by TsukiShima »

Hello there, I'm just want to say I'm impress of your language skills. Not only you can master English and German, but also studying French, Japanese and Korean? I'm sure you'll be a great translator! Also since you're offering your skill for free, I can say it's generous of you.

I'm sure someone will request you to translate their game, and so good luck!

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Der Totengräber, There is always a Choice, Darkness
Projects: A Legend of an Ancient Evil
itch: emmanuel-goldstein

#3 Post by Der Tor »

Let me know when you translated something, cause then I would like to list it on my German language Visual Novel Wiki :wink:

Chandalen

#4 Post by Chandalen »

Hi ! :3

I just can agree with HanaMori, it's very impressive because you are learning difficult languages ! (I'm a french native speaker and I really admire people who learn it ! It seems like such a chanllenge ! X.x).

I'm glad to see someone interested by Japanese too ! :) I'm sure you will be a very talented translator, your english is good !)

(Nyaaaw too bad you didn't offer French => English translation, I'm still searching for one ! xD)
So good luck ! ^^

Ryue
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Red eyes in the darkness

#5 Post by Ryue »

If you are learning japanese, then my respect there (hardest language I'm learning so far).

Good luck with the translations and you will surely make it as a translator!

Daistarir
Veteran
Projects: History [GxB], Alice Revo
Organization: Kingdom Crown Production

#6 Post by Daistarir »

Oh, I will contact you if I need you to help.
I'm particualy only know Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese, French, Chinese and I am very bad at English TAT

FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Club Shuffle

#7 Post by FatUnicornGames »

I'm gonna bookmark this for future use with my project. It will probably be this summer before I would need your services, if you you're still available then I'd love to do business with you!
Last edited by FatUnicornGames on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Developer Blog for Club Shuffle - Follow and Share?
-Also! You can call me Crystal if you want.-

im_lunna

#8 Post by im_lunna »

Hey :)

Thank you all very much for your kind words! I really do hope that my dream will come true. Problem is, in Austria & Germany they mostly need translators for boring stuff like contracts. But I want to translate games, books, comics, .... *o*
So I hope that if i gain experience by translating visual novels (love them sooooo muuuuuuuuch ~) i'll have an easier time finding a good job. ^.^'

@ Der Tor: I'll start translating (P)lanets soon, if its okay with teacup (the producer), i'll send you the link when it's finished :)

@ FatUnicornGames: I'm sure i'll still be available, i look forward to your games ^-^

@ Chandalen: I'm not promising anything, but maybe i can help you with your translation. I have an (as good as) native french speaker as a friend and my brothers are Americans, so maybe we'll be able to translate your project together ^^ Is it very urgent?

@Daistarir: Wow. Just wow. O_O Say, is Vietnamise similar to Japanese/Korean like French is to spanish (or spanish to italian)?

Again, thank you all very much for your kind words! And I'd be very thankful if you could spread the word! <3

Miri

Chandalen

#9 Post by Chandalen »

Haha you deserved it ! :)

Well, I don't know if yaoi/boys love would be an interesting project for all of you but maybe ! XD
If you want to look at it, here it is: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 30&t=17988

Nope, it's not urgent don't worry ^^ One of my friends is translating it slowly and I can deal with it :)
It's more because I'm very curious to see the final english version ! XD and it helps her to have less work with this.
I'm also curious about (P)lanets cause I played to it once, I'll keep an eye on it ^^

im_lunna

#10 Post by im_lunna »

Just wanted to update:

I've started translatin (P)lants for teacup!
I'm sooo exited about it ~

This means that soon I'll be able to present you some references, I hope that'll make things easier.

Thanks again for the support <3

And I hope I'll find some other people interested in having their games translated ^-^

- Miri

DeeKay
Veteran

#11 Post by DeeKay »

Haha, such motivation is inspiring ! It kinda makes me want to translate some stuff into French now, geez ! :roll:
But no, nothing can convince me, not even *beeeeeep* or *woooooosh*. Nope, nothing.

So you're studying French huh ? Latin based languages can be a hassle but it's not an impossible road to take even though it can be a misleading one at times. Rules that don't make sense, rules with lots of exceptions, your choice of words depending on whether you're speaking or writing, etc... Languages are very interesting, it's no wonder you're motivated ! ^^

I understand your enthusiasm even more since I'm lucky enough to be fluent in both English and French (I always have fun checking out people's reactions when I switch from one to the other like it was the most natural thing in world :p).

Anyway, good luck with the translation of (P)lanets and upcoming tasks as well ! :wink:

Cheers !
-- No longer active --
-- English/French Translation topic here
-- Hope~ - Symphony of Tomorrow alpha demo playthrough here (1h35mn long video !)

-- Current avatar by SilverHyena => her DA account

-- Check out this project if you have some time !

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#12 Post by azureXtwilight »

Ahem, I wonder if you would like to translate this for me

: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=18947

I hope the word count doesn't scare you XD

im_lunna

#13 Post by im_lunna »

Hey :)

@ DeeKay (love that name!)
Well if you want to do it - do it! I think it's a great oppertunity to bring attention to visual novels in countries where they aren't that big (in my case in Ausitra, Germany and Switzerland).
Yeah, I've been studying french for the past 6 school-years, and i'm still only mediocre at it. In that time I had 5 (!!) different french teachers, and all of them s u c k e d. That's soo disappointing! But now i've started university, so i'm gonna study hard and get muuuch better in french :3
Are you studying any other languages too?

@azureXtwilight
Thank you for your offer :)
I'll pm you, okay?

DeeKay
Veteran

#14 Post by DeeKay »

im_lunna wrote:@ DeeKay (love that name!)
Really ? Thanks I guess ^^
im_lunna wrote:Well if you want to do it - do it! I think it's a great oppertunity to bring attention to visual novels in countries where they aren't that big (in my case in Ausitra, Germany and Switzerland).
I guess I'd drop in if there's interest in it, I'd rather translate something which is guaranteed to be read by at least one person.

Either that or :
- You'd need to have good assets in your argumentation to convince me.
- You're someone I like.
im_lunna wrote:But now i've started university, so i'm gonna study hard and get muuuch better in french :3
Haha, don't hesitate to drop a sentence or two.. but please not stuff like “Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir ?”, that's a bit... well.. moving on..
im_lunna wrote:Are you studying any other languages too?
No, not really. I've started being a young active worker three years ago, I don't have as much time as I'd like for myself so learning new spoken languages would be hard. I know a bit of Spanish but since I haven't practiced it for years, I can only read a little.
For the pun, I still study languages, they're just programming languages :p

But enough about me, this is your thread after all ! :)
-- No longer active --
-- English/French Translation topic here
-- Hope~ - Symphony of Tomorrow alpha demo playthrough here (1h35mn long video !)

-- Current avatar by SilverHyena => her DA account

-- Check out this project if you have some time !

im_lunna

#15 Post by im_lunna »

Hey guys!

Just wanted to say that I'm right now really busy with exams and stuff, so I'm gonna have to translate one game at a time.
So when P(lanets) is finished hopefully in about a month), I'm gonna start the translation of AzureXtwhilight.

I'm still open for request (always happy when i receive some <3) but it might take a while till I come around to do them.
But I'll do my best to slide them in my schedule if they are short, promise :)

- Miri