A wild Strawberry appeared

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Strawberries

A wild Strawberry appeared

#1 Post by Strawberries »

Hello there, the name's Strawberries. You may call me Straw or other nicknames if you wish. I would love to help out in creating your Visual Novels and Otome games/Dating Sims.
First off, I have no experience in creating Visual Novel and Otome Games/Dating Sims (I would love to...one day) and I'm pretty much not of a good artist as you can see in my avatar.
I am no music composer either. So, all that's left is the position that involves writing. Thus, I am willing to offer my services as writer, co-writer, editor and proofreader.

I've started writing my own stories when I was 9 years old. As a child, I've gained interested in other areas as well and lost touch on my writing. In late 2008, I regained my love for writing and started to hit the road once again. I do not think of myself as a great writer but more of a decent writer. A decent writer where he knows how to create good plotlines and three-dimensional characters. Besides that, he also knows his grammar and spelling. However, he may or may not do well at a certain point and he still have a lot more to learn.

As a writer, I have my own strengths and weaknesses. I shall start with my weaknesses.
Weaknesses
1) Descriptions.
I have no trouble with writing vivid descriptions. However, I do find it hard to describe certain scenes that I want.
2) Dealing with writer's block.
When I have writer's block, it takes time for me to find a cure to make them disappear. If I'm stuck at a certain scene, it'll probably take hours for me to get it done.
3)Procrastinating.
Yes, I do have a bad habit of procrastinating but I assure you I'll get the job done.
4) Grammar and Spelling.
My English teachers have said that my grammar and spelling is fine. However, I believe that my grammar isn't that perfect and I feel insure at times. You can say that grammar is one of my greatest foe in writing.

Strengths
1)Creating good plot-lines and twist
Oh boy, I love to add twists here and there in a story. For plot-lines, they come naturally for me unless I'm dealing with writer's block.
2)Great at writing dialogues
People have complimented me that the dialogues that I've written sounds believable and natural sounding for each individual character. There was a time that someone said that how I wrote my dialogues is unique.
3)Organisation
I have the ability to organize before writing begins. It is really useful as the ideas are likely to flow more freely. However, there are times when I came up with a new idea as I write and I want to change everything.
4)Editing
Whenever I read people's work or essays, I have this habit of spotting every mistake they made and correcting it.
5) Writing in different perspectives
I can write in third person's view and first person's view.

I guess that's about it. Before I forget to mention, there are certain genres that I can write and can't write. The genre that I can't write is mostly horror. I write stories that contains romance, drama, mystery and comedy. I'm neutral with action-adventure, science-fiction and fantasy genres.

Here are some excerpt of my writings:
A short story about Happiness
Most people would say that the most important thing was to enjoy your life –happiness- and it was all that mattered. “However, what is happiness?” I questioned myself, softly as I swept the floor with the broom. Glancing outside of the tent, I saw two gentlemen walking past by. They seemed to be pleased by something. I wondered if feeling or showing pleasure meant happiness.
“René, my boy,” I heard Jacques, the ringmaster called by the name he had given me. I turned around and looked at him. “I need you to attract some of the town people to watch the circus.” He ordered. “I’ve asked Theo the fire breather and the Little brothers to go to the east of the town. So, you should go to the west.”
I nodded. Quickly, I set the broom aside and went to the backstage to grab my mask since I was already wearing my costume. As I found it, I put it on and I took some materials that I would need, including the flyers. I was ready to head to the west of the town.

Less than a minute, I had already gathered the attention of the townspeople. Among the crowd, I recognised a blonde with clear blue eyes, Fleuretta Marcelle Angevine. She was wearing a simple blue dress. I met the young lady on the day the circus arrived to this beautiful town located in Morbihan, Brittany named Rochefort En Terre. I noticed that she was upset about family matters and I did some tricks to cheer her up. She was able to laugh so simply afterwards as if she did not have any problems. Even so, I found her weird. Fleuretta asked me on that day what does happiness mean to me. I did not response to her question. As I was juggling three small red balls and balancing myself on another huge red ball, I watched Fleuretta’s expressions. From her expression, I could tell that something happened again even though she was smiling. I wondered if smiling showed a slight feeling of happiness. Her expression changed when a gentleman placed a hand on her shoulder whom I assumed was an acquaintance. I noticed Fleuretta’s sadness. The man led the way and she was reluctant to follow him. I decided to add three more balls as I juggled to make everything more exciting. All a sudden, there was something that landed on my head, causing me to lose my balance. It was a rock. I guess it was thrown by one of the young man in the crowd. There were a few gasps from the audience when I fell and some exploded with laughter. Sometimes, I fell and could be clumsy. However, if it makes people laugh, I do not mind at all. It was my job anyway. It was my job to wipe tears away. This was my job as a Pierrot.
An uncompleted novel of mine called It's never too late
Rhys leaned impatiently against the bar, staring anxiously at the door. She should have been there by now; in fact she should have been there hours ago. Even if she had gone to every other place he could possibly be first she still should have been here by now.
''Maybe she just doesn't care,'' he thought sadly to himself. But it couldn't be true. Mystique would never let something go, not without a fight, not his hot-headed girl with crimson red hair and beautiful eyes. But maybe that was the point – she wasn't his Scarlet anymore.
"Hey Rhys," Evan Rusley greeted taking the seat next to Rhys and gesturing to the barman. "What are you looking a...” he began but trailed off as he and Rhys spotted her at the exact same time.
Rhys' heartbeat raced and Evan let out a low whistle.
"Well, would you look at that," Evan said as he eyed the red-headed girl standing in the door searching round the bar. He raised his glass in appreciation, a toast to the beautiful girl that just walked in. "You don't see a red-headed girl like that in our small town everyday. She is gorgeous. Why if I didn't know any better, I'd say…"
"It is and you don't," Brawley said, rolling his eyes and cutting off Evan. "Well," Brawley added, completely ignoring Evan now and turning to Rhys, "What are you going to do?"
"Nothing," Rhys sighed as Mystique locked eyes with him for a moment and then proceeded to walk to the opposite side of the bar, stubborn as always. "If you love something, you let it go."
"Rhys, you let her go seven years ago, and if you hadn't noticed it was the biggest mistake of your life," Brawley told him in an almost fatherly manner. "You've turned your whole world upside down for her and now you're just going to let her go all over again?"
"What else am I supposed to do, Brawley?" Rhys replied with a sigh, watching her across the room. "She's engaged - she has a fiancé and a Sapphire Keys Café and just this whole other life that doesn't involve me. The whole world loves her now – how can I compete with that?"
"You forget about everything else and you fight for her with every fibre in your being," Brawley answered seriously.
A spin-off of one of my uncompleted novels
“Wake up,” I heard an unfamiliar voice. “Princess Rhiannon, wake up!”
Slowly, I opened my eyes to see a ginger-haired man with light green eyes in front of me. My brown eyes were wide open. I scanned through my surrounding. It seemed like a dungeon. No, it was more of a room. I was sitting on a bed but there was no cell. Beside the bed, there was a small table. On top of table, there was a tray of food. Where was I? I struggled to move my hands. However, they were tied up tightly. I stared at the man in front of me. He was wearing clothes that looked like a Prince should wear. Was he a royalty? It was not the time for that. I have to know where I am. “Who are you?!” I demanded an answer. “Where am I?! Where have you taken me?! I am the Princess Rhiannon of Irova. I order you to set me free.”
“Calm down, Princess Rhiannon,” the man said in a calm and soothing voice. “You're in the castle of Aitava.”
“What?!” I rose my voice. My mother had arranged me to marry with the Prince of Aitava. I could not believe they would kidnap me. Could the man standing in front of me be...?
The young man sighed as he noticed I was struggling to get free. “I told my men not to hurt you. I'm sorry.” He went nearer to me.
“Hmph,” I replied. “Who are you? Why did you kidnap me? What do you want from me?”
“I'm your fiancé, Prince Everett. The second Prince of Aitava” He said as he untied me. I could feel his breath close to my ears.
“Why did you kidnap me?” I repeated my question.
Everett avoided my question and changed the topic. “If you're hungry, there's breakfast prepared for you on the table.”
“Why did you kidnap me?” I gritted my teeth, annoyed that I had to repeat my question once more. I felt that I could move my hands freely.
Everett played with the cloth that was used to tie my hands up. “You may move around the room freely. However, you are not allowed to escape. There are guards guarding the door. I shall be back.”
I watched Everett as he turned his heel towards the door.
“Hey! Why aren't you answering my question?” I shouted.
Everett continued to avoid the question. Before he left, he mentioned, “You'll find out soon.”
An English essay about a frightening experience
It had been three months since the girls and I had first arrived here. We were treated like weapons, experiments and objects but we were well fed. I have met the mastermind behind all of this, Veniamin Melvilles. Thoughts of him made me sick to my stomach. However, he still makes us shiver, half-frozen with fear. Also, I made friends with Ulyssa Pynes; the weirdest girl in my batch and Aylward Eadens; the nice servant of that old man. All this time, my thoughts were about escaping and to find Luis.

When I heard the news from Aylward earlier, I did not believe it. Ulyssa was gone. I controlled my feelings. Aylward held me tight. I knew it was my turn. Veniamin wanted to dispose me next. This was madness of Veniamin Melvilles.

I summoned all my courage and marched right into that wicked man’s office. I stared at the man whom I disgust but deadly afraid of. Veniamin signalled me to come nearer. My face turned pale, hands shaking. Due to my slowness he tore my dress, about to lick my neck. “No!” I screeched, resisting Veniamin.

All a sudden, there was someone who barged in. A lady was standing at the door. It made Veniamin even furious. The lady flashed a killer smile. Veniamin’s expression changed. He smirked and invited her to come in his arms, shoving me aside. Things were happening too fast, the next thing I knew she had stabbed Veniamin, blood was gushing out. I was in a state of shock when the “lady” revealed his true identity. Luis had disguised himself.

Each one of us escaped. We ran for what felt like the whole evening. I did not dare to look back. We were finally freed from that frightening place. Aylward, my brother and I were together. Luis explained everything that I wanted to ask. For some reason, I felt that I’ve become stronger and braver. After all, the meaning of my name is “brave warrior”. I was no longer living with fear.
An uncompleted novel of mine called The Devil's Little Secret
As Tristan walked out of his shower, he removed the towel and moved toward the clothes atop his bed. His hand reached down for his navy blue boxers and then his head turned when he heard a gasp. The hairs on the back of his neck stood erect like proud soldiers. His body shivered slightly. Standing by the doorway of his room was a long-haired blonde female pervert.
"Aaaaaaah!" screeched the pervert.
Tristan shrieked as well and covered his privates with his hands, albeit a little too late. "What the—"
"Don't blame me! I got lost! It's too big! I mean your damn house is too big! I'm not used to this." Ruthelle screamed as she ran away from Tristan's room, down the hall, and locked herself in some random room.
Beat red, Tristan quickly wore his clothes, and stormed down the hall.
Blood rushed to Tristan's temples as they throbbed. This was karma he believed. Tristan made a sour face. “I feel so violated…”
As he stormed through the hall searching for Ruthelle, she sat in a corner of the random room she had entered and prayed he would just get lost—in both senses of the saying. Ruthelle stared at the window and wondered if she could survive if she had to climb down the house and accidentally fell. Then, her eyes scanned the walls. In such a place, finding some hidden contraption to a secret door wouldn't be too far-fetched. Ruthelle stood and quietly tiptoed around the room, her fingers feeling up the walls. Nothing. Perhaps behind yet another disturbing portrait of Tristan was the hidden contraption. Maybe not. Either way, she was trapped. “I should just make a run for it then…” Ruthelle tiptoed toward the door, turned the knob and opened it slowly. Heart pounding as the door opened, Ruthelle looked up and stared into the flush face of her soon-to-be murderer. "Mon dieu…" Ruthelle said, often referring to god in French when troubled.
Tristan narrowed his eyes at Ruthelle and grabbed her wrist. He pulled her through the hall, down the stairs, and nearly flung her onto a sofa in the White Piano room where Victor was still lovingly wiping the piano keys clean.
"That's not your job Victor," Tristan began with a snarl. "Get a pen and paper and draw for my maid here a map of the house."
Victor scratched his bald head, shrugged, and obliged, leaving the room with a mix of bemused and confused look on his face.
Tristan sat down beside Ruthelle and stared at her as if he were Medusa, wishing he could turn her into stone.
"Look I'm sorry," Ruthelle began with a stutter, her eyes remaining on his because if they looked downward, she knew they would burn like her cheeks and melt.
"From now on, you can only wander around on this floor. You don't go upstairs without Victor's accompaniment until you memorize that map."
Ruthelle coughed and gave him her non-aggravating best 'You're-not-the-boss-of-me' look. "You know I'm only here for the rest of summer. And I'll just stay down-"
This will be my first time in writing for the gaming industry. So, yeah. I look forward to getting along with all of you. :D
Last edited by Strawberries on Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

MioSegami
Regular
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE PARADISE
Organization: BlueAngelService

Re: A wild Strawberry appeared

#2 Post by MioSegami »

You have such great talent! I love your writing, and describing words :) You should become an author =]!
CLICK IT------------->viewtopic.php?f=43&t=40639&p=430149#p430149
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE ISLAND
Story: 15% complete
Script: 0%
Art: 35%
Outline: 15%
Code: 10%

Strawberries

#3 Post by Strawberries »

MioSegami wrote:You have such great talent! I love your writing, and describing words :) You should become an author =]!
Thank you! :D I do plan to be a published author one day. :D

MichelleKittyKat
Projects: Miles Away
Organization: OtakuKittens

#4 Post by MichelleKittyKat »

Your writing is lovely! I like your attention to detail and your work with dialogue. (:

MioSegami
Regular
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE PARADISE
Organization: BlueAngelService

#5 Post by MioSegami »

Strawberries wrote:
MioSegami wrote:You have such great talent! I love your writing, and describing words :) You should become an author =]!
Well that's great! If you do become no doubt, I'll read your books :D!
CLICK IT------------->viewtopic.php?f=43&t=40639&p=430149#p430149
Projects: PATUKA PRIVATE ISLAND
Story: 15% complete
Script: 0%
Art: 35%
Outline: 15%
Code: 10%

Cidz
Veteran
Completed: The Forgetful Kiwi [NanoReno 2012], Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Projects: Words Within Our Hearts, Papercut [NanoReno 2013]
Organization: Starlight Melodies
Tumblr: starlightmelodies
Deviantart: cidthekitty

#6 Post by Cidz »

I think I might be able to use your help with writing later on? You're strengths sound like things I could use help on. We have enough writers as it is for WWOH. But maybe if you'd like to help us out with proofreading? Or offering your ideas, thoughts, etc...WWOH is on hiatus at the moment, but next month we'll be starting up and working on the rough drafts. I know I for one, could use someone's help with writing.

So if you are interested in helping us out, contributing ideas, and reading our rough drafts and offering advice I think it be nice to have someone like that.

Strawberries

#7 Post by Strawberries »

MichelleKittyKat wrote:Your writing is lovely! I like your attention to detail and your work with dialogue. (:
Thank you! :D

MioSegami wrote:
Strawberries wrote:
Well that's great! If you do become no doubt, I'll read your books :D!
Thank you! I'd be honored if you do. :D

Cidz wrote:I think I might be able to use your help with writing later on? You're strengths sound like things I could use help on. We have enough writers as it is for WWOH. But maybe if you'd like to help us out with proofreading? Or offering your ideas, thoughts, etc...WWOH is on hiatus at the moment, but next month we'll be starting up and working on the rough drafts. I know I for one, could use someone's help with writing.

So if you are interested in helping us out, contributing ideas, and reading our rough drafts and offering advice I think it be nice to have someone like that.
I would be glad to help you guys out. :D Just PM with the details when you guys start working on it. :)

Koniki
Projects: Lingering Presence

#8 Post by Koniki »

Lovely :)