Looking for a Background Artist [CLOSED]

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Kessie
Regular

Looking for a Background Artist [CLOSED]

#1 Post by Kessie »

Hi there :D Thanks for dropping by.

A friend of mine (off the site) and I have developed a plot for a visual novel and are looking for more help in making the idea a reality.
For more information on the plot/idea please refer to the Ideas thread here: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=19372

I'll be taking part in the project with writing (and possibly extreme noob basic programming) and my friend will be carrying the role as composer.

*This is my first recruitment thread so feel free to correct me if I forget to add a detail or ask questions~! xD

What we're really looking for are:
1. Artists
Backgrounds: I can't draw.. no joke. I have looked at free sources but none of them really have the steampunk feel for the story or setting that we require so far so we would really appreciate if we could recruit someone in this area. ^^ On the other hand, if you know a place I could look at for free backgrounds in the steampunk era, it would be greatly appreciated if you link me? :D.
The backgrounds in mind so far are the interior of the Pirate's ship (Main backgrounds as most of the story takes place there) the town, aristocrat's home interior etc.

Sprites: The character designs will mostly be up to you. We will supply a character personality and describe the overall vibe we want (with a few touches) but the attire and looks for the most part will be up to you ^^; so you have space to be creative so long as it suits the Victorian Steampunk era. If you read the Ideas thread, there are a lot of characters.... and if need be, we will try to recruit more than one person so the load is lighter ^^. There probably won't be many poses (2?) and expressions about... (5?) each.

CGs: A big maybe. We're not too sure if it will feature CGs so it depends on progress and workload. :( But if you are interested, PM or post away! We would love it :D

Artists recruited:
Tag-
v3-kei
FlawedFlare
Itwasneveradream
nero279
crestforge

2. Programmer: I'm pretty basic in this area so it would be a great help to have another person assist who knows how to work their magic with Ren'Py.

Programmers recruited:
PyroTyguy

3. GUI: I know nothing about GUI... but we would like interfaces ^^; For instance, we want to implement a map of the ship for the protagonist to navigate through and possibly a journal log. (And I guess we'd require a GUI artist too >.<)

GUI recruited:
Shad12ow

4. Proofreader + Editor: While I have been hired as an editor for a few visual novels already in the making, editing my own work doesn't sound like a smart thing to do. I am looking for someone who is willing to provide unbiased feedback but also who is able to proofread as I am aware I have a tendency to apply grammar poorly.

Proofreader + Editor recruited:
merdeamour

If the above roles are not your forte but you would still like to participate, feel free to send a PM or post below. Many hands make light work and a great VN I'd like to think :D.
This is a long-term project so please also be aware that we are hoping for a level of commitment and I mean that in a "is to be expected on both our parts" sort of way.

I wish I could offer pay but I can't at the moment :(...
and I also understand this is a really ambitious project for starters but we'd really like to make this happen and if you would too, that'd be excellent! :D

We'll keep in touch through Skype and FB if you agree so please be aware of that ^^. Thankyouuu.
Last edited by Kessie on Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:11 am, edited 10 times in total.

Raithfyre
Regular
Completed: Highway Blossoms, Heart of the Woods
Projects: Highway Blossoms: Next Exit, Samayuuni, ???
Organization: Studio Élan
IRC Nick: raithfyre
Tumblr: considerrewordingthis

Re: Recruiting for Project Sky Ripper [Victorian Steampunk]

#2 Post by Raithfyre »

Oh wow, this sounds quite interesting! Wish I had any talents to offer, but alas, I'm only a writer =P All I can say is good luck, and I'll definitely refer people to you if I come across anyone relevant.

Kessie
Regular

#3 Post by Kessie »

Raithfyre wrote:Oh wow, this sounds quite interesting! Wish I had any talents to offer, but alas, I'm only a writer =P All I can say is good luck, and I'll definitely refer people to you if I come across anyone relevant.
Aww still, thanks for dropping by and we really appreciate the support. :D

Shad12ow
Regular
Projects: Kage's Room

#4 Post by Shad12ow »

Well, can't draw too. I'm just a writer and a noob programmer. Well, maybe I can help you with GUI design, but I don't think I can do anything else besides that. I'll send you a few samples from my WIP VN then.

Kessie
Regular

#5 Post by Kessie »

Shad12ow wrote:Well, can't draw too. I'm just a writer and a noob programmer. Well, maybe I can help you with GUI design, but I don't think I can do anything else besides that. I'll send you a few samples from my WIP VN then.
Oh sure :O! That'd be awesome :). Looking forward to seeing your work.

PyroTyguy
Regular
Projects: [working on]: Spring Breeze
Organization: Home-room interactive: Teams 1&2

#6 Post by PyroTyguy »

Kessie, You know you can always asks me for help with programming.
I am the Former H-R Interactive but have changed username to PyroTyguy
Image Image Image

Kessie
Regular

#7 Post by Kessie »

H-R interactive wrote:Kessie, You know you can always asks me for help with programming.
Realllllly? I thought you might be too busy with the other projects :(. But if you can, I'd really appreciate itttt. :3

v3-kei
Regular

#8 Post by v3-kei »

I'll be sending you a PM~
Moved account to fuicchi.

FlawedFlare
Regular
Projects: [Without Your Half],[ Underground], Unidentified Shallow Heart

#9 Post by FlawedFlare »

I may be of help. I want to draw CGs or maybe sprites. But more the CGs because I can't design for my life. I do think that steampunk is interesting though. c:

A question though: How long of a story are you writing?

Kessie
Regular

#10 Post by Kessie »

FlawedFlare wrote:I may be of help. I want to draw CGs or maybe sprites. But more the CGs because I can't design for my life. I do think that steampunk is interesting though. c:

A question though: How long of a story are you writing?
Ooh cool :).

Hmmm... I was never any good at estimating the length of a story beforehand but when we discussed the plot stages, we were aware already that it is going to be quite a long tale to tell to the point building relationships is realistic and not a 'meet and next day we're all friends' or something to that effect story as it's also not a stat building, repetitive series of events or at least, not what has been planned thus far. ^^ So a lot of writing will be going into it.. and with the amount of obtainables... err i'm sorry, I can't provide an estimate yet in order to answer your question. :(

FlawedFlare
Regular
Projects: [Without Your Half],[ Underground], Unidentified Shallow Heart

#11 Post by FlawedFlare »

Kessie wrote:Hmmm... I was never any good at estimating the length of a story beforehand but when we discussed the plot stages, we were aware already that it is going to be quite a long tale to tell to the point building relationships is realistic and not a 'meet and next day we're all friends' or something to that effect story as it's also not a stat building, repetitive series of events or at least, not what has been planned thus far. ^^ So a lot of writing will be going into it.. and with the amount of obtainables... err i'm sorry, I can't provide an estimate yet in order to answer your question. :(
I think your story's really interesting. ^^
I've sent you a PM!

Misa Lax

#12 Post by Misa Lax »

I would love to offer my help as an artist, but unfortunately I'm no good with drawing Steampunk :(

But I still wish you good look on finding some good artists and other people who can help you out with this, because I really would like to see this project becoming real :)

Kessie
Regular

#13 Post by Kessie »

Misa Lax wrote:I would love to offer my help as an artist, but unfortunately I'm no good with drawing Steampunk :(

But I still wish you good look on finding some good artists and other people who can help you out with this, because I really would like to see this project becoming real :)
Awww, I understand. Thanks for stopping by and the support! :D

Itwasneveradream
Veteran
Projects: Color Me Cliche (semi-hiatus) | Rose Colored Days | College Jam | One secret Project

#14 Post by Itwasneveradream »

Oo! Can I be a Character Sprite artist? I love Steampunk clothing. I'll PM you a few examples later :3

Kessie
Regular

#15 Post by Kessie »

Itwasneveradream wrote:Oo! Can I be a Character Sprite artist? I love Steampunk clothing. I'll PM you a few examples later :3
Hey there,
We're still recruiting artists so it's worth a shot and I'm also glad to hear you're into steam punk fashion xD.
Looking forward to viewing your examples. :)