Kendo Crush! [Open] July 2014 Update - Seeking Writer (PAID)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
PixelFade
Regular

Kendo Crush! [Open] July 2014 Update - Seeking Writer (PAID)

#1 Post by PixelFade »

Overview
Recruiting
Quality Assurance Tester (Filled) December 2013 Update:

Writer (1/1 spots available) July 2014 Update:
As a writer, you will be working closely with our Storyboard planner and editor to bring the Kendo Crush! world to life. If the concept of brainstorming ideas, fleshing out characters, content creation, mapping story arcs, and then watching it all come to life with sound, art, and voice seems appealing... then we would love to have you join our team!

Here are a few qualities we would be looking for in a candidate:
- Team Player (The entire project is being built by the community, so working well with others is very important.)
- General Knowledge of Japanese Culture (The story takes place in Japan. Having a basic understanding of the culture will definitely help!)
- Receptive of Feedback (Changes will be needed along the way. We are looking for someone who can use feedback constructively.)
- Long Term (Our project will be spanning about a year for full completion. The search is for someone who will be in it for the long haul!)
- Skype Voice Chatting (This is a must for our writers as we have story meetings.)

Like the vast majority of the Kendo Crush! team (including ourselves), this is being created on a voluntary basis. We find enjoyment in the creation the game and are looking for like-minded people. This is also why we are planned for a free release as we want to share the story with as many people as possible.

That said, this is a paid position as we want to reward you for your dedication, care and time. You will receive a fair portion from our writing budget as well as your colleagues. Please recognize that this is a community developed project and the funding compensation is a bonus whereas indie development experience is the incentive.

If Kendo Crush! sounds like a project you'd like to be a part of, please send a sample of script writing(As if reading a VN minus the art) to pixelfadestudio@gmail.com.

Thank you very much for taking a look at our post!

Best Regards,
PixelFade
Last edited by PixelFade on Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:30 pm, edited 6 times in total.

NeoAngelique
Regular

Re: Kendo Crush! [Seeking QA Testers]

#2 Post by NeoAngelique »

Would love to help you! PM me~

PixelFade
Regular

Re: Kendo Crush! [Open] May 2014 Update

#3 Post by PixelFade »

UPDATE:
We are now in search of two writers to round off our team! Please see initial post for details.

Best Regards!
PixelFade Studio

PixelFade
Regular

Re: Kendo Crush! [Open] July 2014 Update - Seeking Writer (P

#4 Post by PixelFade »

UPDATE:
Looking for an additional writer to join our team.

Best Regards!
PixelFade Studio

Allegra Hughes
Veteran
Completed: One Leaf Clover
Projects: Bitter Truth, Two Faced
Organization: Chisa Studios

#5 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Will send an application when I get home tonight! Best of luck regardless :)

EDIT: Application sent!

MoonStar
Regular
Projects: Yggdrasil

#6 Post by MoonStar »

sent you a sample in pm

Here are a few qualities we would be looking for in a candidate:
- Team Player (The entire project is being built by the community, so working well with others is very important.)

Yes

- General Knowledge of Japanese Culture (The story takes place in Japan. Having a basic understanding of the culture will definitely help!)

Pretty much all since Japanese Culture is more then a hobby to me and visiting Tokyo is a dream of mine. I got almost all references in your VN even the basic stuff of kendo since i did some karate for about 7 years got lost abit when kaori went in to details about kendo :)

- Receptive of Feedback (Changes will be needed along the way. We are looking for someone who can use feedback constructively.)

Feedback is always the most important and helps you make what your working on better then initially was going to be.

- Long Term (Our project will be spanning about a year for full completion. The search is for someone who will be in it for the long haul!)

Ok with that :)

- Skype Voice Chatting (This is a must for our writers as we have story meetings.)

I'm on skype almost every time I'm online anyway so that works perfectly cuz I HATE yahoo messenger.