Writer and Editor for Hire (up for NaNoReno '14)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
SyronicHero
Projects: Deathwish ~ A Magical Girl Morality Play
IRC Nick: SyronicHero (or Syr, as Syron is taken.)

Writer and Editor for Hire (up for NaNoReno '14)

#1 Post by SyronicHero »

WRITING STATUS: AVAILABLE
EDITING STATUS: AVAILABLE

Hello there, forum. While I've lurked here awhile, I'm still a newcomer to this community, so it's time for me to get some credits under my belt.

As I said on my Guestbook entry, I'm a writer and editor with over eight years of experience. I'm currently on a lifelong project to write a pair of novel series, one of them an epic science fiction saga, and many more side projects. My favored genres are science fiction, dystopian, gothic, Lovecraftian horror and satire, although I can easily write fantasy, romance and other kinds of horror as well. You could say I'm flexible.

Free or paid, I'll take any job within my ability. Admittedly, if you're not feeding my financial interest, you'll have to feed my creative interest. I think that applies to everyone here though. On the other hand, piquing my interest guarantees enjoyable experience.

If all goes well, I'll set up shop here in the future, and I'll provide a much more professional menu. For now, this more informal notice will do.

We can discuss the project over PMs or IRC before you decide to hire me. Please be thorough when you contact me, or be prepared for a lot of direct questions, whether in my reply or down the road. Remember, first impressions are significant. To prove my writing skills, you may offer me a request and I'll write you a sample scene to see if I'm your guy.

I'll only take one writing job at a time, so even if I accept, you may still end up in queue. I will be clear on this to the best of my ability.

As for editing, this is a more clear-cut affair. To borrow a well-written dossier, my editorial services include:

Editing and proofreading for sense and maximum clarity, to ensure:
- consistency of style and fluency of delivery
- correct grammar, punctuation and usage
- clear, uncomplicated sentences and paragraph structure
- no confusing jargon, ambiguity, or repetition
Careful attention to accuracy of both facts and language usage
Editing writing by non-native speakers of English
Americanizing or Anglicising text
Polishing translations

As editing consumes less of my time than sitting down to write, I'll be more fluid with this position. (In fact, I'm currently the editor for one project in progress.) But we'll have to see before setting anything in stone.

A disclaimer: As I'm from a literary background, programming most code is beyond me at this time. Don't expect me to program for you. I am, however, not so clueless as to be unable to edit a .rpy script. I'd touch the narrative and leave the code alone and wholesale. Simple.
"We don't see things as they are; we see them as we are."
Writer and Editor for Hire | Honest Critique