Writer and editor at your service! (Temporarily unavailable)

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

Writer and editor at your service! (Temporarily unavailable)

#1 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Hi! I'm new here, but I'm interested in helping out with a project or two . . . it might help me get to know people better. Plus, I just like being helpful.

As a recent college graduate with little work experience (gulp!), I can't say I've done anything professionally yet, but I have always been praised for my writing prowess in and out of school. I see ways to improve writing in any medium from books to video games and everything in between. Typos fear me.

I graduated with a bachelor's degree in English and was a top student in my class. If you'd like to read some of my essays or poetry, please let me know. For now, my services are free of charge---I honestly don't know what I can charge for them. I need to do some research.

Thank you for reading!

MAY 24 UPDATE:

Oops! It's been a while since I last updated! I'm still working on some editing, in addition to some other things, but the biggest time sink is my current project. I don't think I can take on anything else for a while.

In any case, feel free to PM me or post in this thread if anyone has any questions or comments.
Last edited by Mad Harlequin on Sun May 24, 2015 6:48 pm, edited 13 times in total.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Sidji972
Regular

Re: Writer, editor, and aspiring voice talent at your servic

#2 Post by Sidji972 »

Do you have some preferences with projects ?

We are looking for a plot writer able to make better romance lines than me( not really hard for sure!)/write the most of our story.

If you want test your voice into I have also maybe an idea about it :)

Also we are students too, but if you are interested by a gestion/simulation project, check my sign.
Last edited by Sidji972 on Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Mad Harlequin »

I don't really have any specific preferences right now. One thing I neglected to mention is that I'm currently working two internships and may soon get a full-time job, so I don't know if I can be a lead writer at the moment. But I will at least look at your project thread and see if I can spare you some time. :)
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Steamgirl
Veteran
Completed: My Cup of Coffee, Queen at Arms (co-wrote a battle scene)
Projects: Stranded Hearts, Emma: A Lady's Maid
Deviantart: steamgirlgame

#4 Post by Steamgirl »

If you happen to have time, it would be fantastic if you could be an editor for Emma: A Lady's Maid. From other comments I have seen you leave you have great insights that I'm sure would improve the overall quality of the game - and hopefully my writing skills. :)

Sidji972
Regular

#5 Post by Sidji972 »

Mad Harlequin wrote:I don't really have any specific preferences right now. One thing I neglected to mention is that I'm currently working two internships and may soon get a full-time job, so I don't know if I can be a lead writer at the moment. But I will at least look at your project thread and see if I can spare you some time. :)
Mmm we have really no problem with that,we're making this game on our free time too without contradictions :) I send you a PM to explain you a little more the project, let me know what do you think about joint it :o .

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Mad Harlequin »

To both of you: Well, I couldn't sleep much last night, so I took the time to consider your proposals. I have much more free time than I ever did during my years in school, and will (hopefully) continue to have it even if I get this job.

If you're willing to recruit me in spite of my up-in-the-air schedule, I think we can make arrangements. :)
— Mark Twain

Steamgirl
Veteran
Completed: My Cup of Coffee, Queen at Arms (co-wrote a battle scene)
Projects: Stranded Hearts, Emma: A Lady's Maid
Deviantart: steamgirlgame

#7 Post by Steamgirl »

Fantastic! I'm delighted to hear it! I will send you a PM when the first draft of Emma is ready to go. :)

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Steamgirl, I forgot to mention how flattered I am by your compliment. Being asked to help you with your project is an honor on its own, but managing to impress someone with your level of creativity and skill is a feather in my cap! :D
— Mark Twain

MusashiKorian
Regular
Projects: Runa
Organization: Korian Gaming
IRC Nick: MusashiKorian
Deviantart: funktasticmo

#9 Post by MusashiKorian »

I am in the search for voice talent and writers. Perhaps you could send me your "cruddy old auditions" Just so I could have a listen ^_^ I already have a small team together but still need more helping hands if your still willing ^_^

~My Steam Name~
≈MusashiKorian≈

~My Projects Recruitment Thread~

~My Talents I Bring to the Table~
Voice Acting
Writing/Proofreading/Editing
Story Boarding
Programming
Artist

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Mad Harlequin »

As you wish!

(Wow . . . I never expected a reception this warm! Thanks, everybody. :))
— Mark Twain

MusashiKorian
Regular

#11 Post by MusashiKorian »

Mad Harlequin wrote:As you wish!

(Wow . . . I never expected a reception this warm! Thanks, everybody. :))

Great ^_^ send em in PM or even post a link here it'd probably help you out here honestly :p

~My Steam Name~
≈MusashiKorian≈

Voice Acting
Story Boarding
Programming
Artist

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran

#12 Post by Mad Harlequin »

You're right. I probably should put a link to the files here. But first I have to find them, and I'm not sure if more than a few were successfully imported to my new computer---that is, if I didn't delete them before I got it. It could take a while. I hope that's okay.

I should also say that these auditions are about eight years old and were recorded with a terrible microphone, so even if I do find them, I fear they're not representative of my current level of knowledge and maturity. I've also got much more courage now than I ever did back in those days.

I'll find what I can, though!
— Mark Twain

MusashiKorian
Regular

#13 Post by MusashiKorian »

Mad Harlequin wrote:You're right. I probably should put a link to the files here. But first I have to find them, and I'm not sure if more than a few were successfully imported to my new computer---that is, if I didn't delete them before I got it. It could take a while. I hope that's okay.

I should also say that these auditions are about eight years old and were recorded with a terrible microphone, so even if I do find them, I fear they're not representative of my current level of knowledge and maturity. I've also got much more courage now than I ever did back in those days.

I'll find what I can, though!

You could always re-do them with your current talent level :p

~My Steam Name~
≈MusashiKorian≈

Voice Acting
Story Boarding
Programming
Artist

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran

#14 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Yes, I could do that. I just feel I need decent copy to read. The characters for which I auditioned before were rather lackluster, and since the projects themselves became vaporware . . . well.

I'll have something soon; I'm looking at some excerpts now.

EDIT: I plan on adding some recordings to the thread by the end of the week. If I weren't currently ill, they'd be posted by now. My apologies.
— Mark Twain

taru

#15 Post by taru »

Do you happen to write BL? We also may be needed a female voice actor as well!