Recruiting Team Ravenwood Academy and Letter's From An Angel

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

Recruiting Team Ravenwood Academy and Letter's From An Angel

#1 Post by Fenrir34 »

Welcome to this thread and to whoever wants to join or has read this, thank you.
Also, to know more about these games, go to my friends blog. Since we're working together she decided to post them
http://sleiphericwingsgames.blogspot.com/

About me:
I'm 20 years old and have been making VN's for a while now, though none are done yet. At the moment, I'm trying to complete Letter's To My Angel, but that is becoming difficult. I'm in English Major and have a deep passion for writing,japan, and reading. Kind of shy, but like helping others out.

My Expierence:
I'm a Writer and Programmer
Can't draw for the life of me and that is seriously sucks, since art is important in the VN world
I've played a good about of VN's and know a good deal about them
Have watched anime and know some things about Japan thanks to my sister.

Ravenwood Academy-Lovers' Revolution
Plot-High school sucks, especially if it's a place where popularity rules. Sick of seeing how many of her peers suffer because of this heinous hierarchy, Miraj makes it her life mission to create a special retreat that will help others make friends and find love. But her idea is repeatedly shot down by the all powerful school council and with this year being her final year at Ravenwood, she's desperate to take hold of her last chance to make her dream become a reality. One day she meets Shinji Inoue, a kindhearted and super cute member of the student council. Intrigued by her idea, Shinji offers her a spot by his side on the notoriously exclusive student board. Miraj eagerly excepts, hoping that this will give her a chance to make her class wide retreat a reality. But once on the council, Miraj's life becomes a living hell as she finds herself dealing with animosity from the other members. In trying to realize her wishes for the student body, Miraj discovers the dark secrets of the student council members, struggles to stay out of their line of fire, and is forced to face her fear of falling in love again after her last heart break.
So this is the basic plot of the story. It'll be a free game, so to those who just like making VN's because they are fun, it would be really cool if you could help out. I'd like to pay but, as a student, that is difficult. Depending how things go, it might be commercial but I really just want it to be free because I enjoy making games.

About The Game:
The game is going to take time and I need a team who will stick with it. At the moment, my major problem is the sprites. I'm wondering if I should keep them. I like them a lot, but would others?(Please give me your opinion if you have a thought.)

This game is being made is order to oppose bullying and people who have insecurities about themselves. I'm making this with the hopes that I can change just one life. I know it may sound a bit cheesy, but as a person who has been bullied and lacks confidence, it's important to me.

Like I already said the game is free, so if you're someone who likes making VN's just for the fun of it then please leave a comment here, on the work in progress forum, or pm me.

For more about this game. Go here

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 44#p315444
Positions
Co-writers(One or Two) ~ I need someone who knows something about Otome games and has the motivation to do it. At the moment, there are six characters you can romance so it's a lot of work. (My friend is helping me but I don't know if she will stick with it.

GUI Artist-I'd really like some cool GUI for this game, so if you're interested please tell me.

Sprite Artist?-Okay, so this is where I'm having the most trouble. I have sprites and want to keep them but I need opinions on whether they are appealing. If not, then I need someone who can draw anime style art. I know this is difficult to find since many artists want to be paid. I understand, but I hope i can find someone if i decide to change the art.

CG Artist-Probably the hardest job. The game is long and there are many guys. Each will have at least four or five CG's, along with a mature scene which will only be available in the adult version. If you don't mind this being free and just enjoy drawing, then please tell me.

Letters From An Angel

Plot-Riku has always kept her distance from people. With no friends, her only contact is her older sister Minori. But Riku has a little secret; for the past year she has written letters to an unknown person who helped her through a life threatening situation. Now a senior, she has made it her goal to try and find her Letter Angel in order to thank them for helping her survive high school. But when she learns of the possible candidates for her Letter Angel, Riku's life will spiral back into a whole new world of drama

About this game:
I've been working on this idea since I started with Ren'py. It's another game that focuses on outcasts and trying to find your place in the world. Like Ravenwood, this one is free, but will take much less time.

At the moment, there is an older version of this game on lemmasoft. Since I'm changing the sprites I'm not really going to be using the character images I picked out. But if you want to know more, here is the link

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=23400

Positions

Co Writers-xxstrangesoulxx (Might be seeking one more)

Gui Artist-Same as above

Sprite Artist?-Filled

CG Artist-Only two or three CG's for each guy . PM or leave a comment if interested.

Rules:
Try and stick with the projects.
Don't tell anyone to much about the game
Share your ideas
Attend schedule meetings (If you can't then please tell me)
Be kind to your fellow workers
Have fun
Last edited by Fenrir34 on Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Recruiting Team Ravenwood Academy and Letter's To My Ang

#2 Post by Fenrir34 »

Got a co writer for Letter's From An Angel.

Thank you so much xxstrangesoulxx :)

BrokenAngel75
Regular

#3 Post by BrokenAngel75 »

Just wondering, are you not using the sprites for Letter's From An Angel or Ravenwod

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Fenrir34 »

BrokenAngel75 wrote:Just wondering, are you not using the sprites for Letter's From An Angel or Ravenwod

Not for Letters' from an angel. I'll either get a sprite artist or customize them from the stuff I have. Ravenwood, I'm likely to keep the sprites as is :)

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

Re: Recruiting Team Ravenwood Academy and Letter's From An A

#5 Post by Ferdokki »

How frequent are deadlines for writers?