Cosmic Visual: Hiring Co-Writer for Casey [Closed]

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Rozume
Veteran
Completed: Munster Academy, boy
Projects: Coming of Age VN
Organization: Cosmic Visual
IRC Nick: Rozume

Cosmic Visual: Hiring Co-Writer for Casey [Closed]

#1 Post by Rozume »

Note: This story contains triggering topics such as child abuse, suicide, and self-harm.

++The Story
The story of a young university student, named Casey, who returns home for spring break. During the hellish week, he faces his inner demons and is caught between the past, present, and future - the ghost of his deceased friend who constantly haunts him, a peer who wants to "fix" him, and a tyrannical mother who wants to ruin his life forever. All Casey wants is peace, and as the break comes to an end, what would he do to make sure he gets that peace?

Hi there! So originally I wanted to do the writing for this solo but then I realized that I'm slow and I'll never get anything done. T-T I'm also doing all the art for this so my attention's a little split between writing and art haha. So I figured getting a co-writer will not also help me get on track but lift a bit of a load for me.

As a co-writer you will write along side me until the first draft of the script is finished. You be responsible for several scenes, and even an entire route or two (we can discuss this in detail). You must contribute at least 10k words and you must try to match the writing style. You can find a sample of the script here.

You must be reliable, dedicated, and determined. I plan for the rough draft finished by the end of May/June, going no later than July so you must plan for that too.

I communicate a lot through thing like Skype, so if you have a Skype, that would be ideal. Furthermore, I used DraftIn to write and edit the script so your having a DraftIn account is preferred.

This is an unpaid position, however I am willing to trade art for writing. Samples of my art is here.
Last edited by Rozume on Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.

desulishor
Regular
Completed: Project Dualis, Of Valkyries and Life
Projects: Project Scribble [on hiatus] Project Aivisu (WIP) Seven Seasons (WIP)

Re: Cosmic Visual: Hiring Co-Writer for Casey [Unpaid/Art Tr

#2 Post by desulishor »

Back during Nano, I had actually marked your thread amongst the favorites I felt like I should be watching out for. I am wondering if I should step in, but one thing is, I've never even heard of Draftin, Xmind or Realtimeboard. (Rather I tend to write straight into the renpy script and copypaste parts to text files when necessary. I do a have a skype account, though.)

In any case, I've released one complete VN as of now, and I do enjoy writing slice-of-life, romance and emotional drama, though I always tend to have some sarcastic humor thrown in as well. If you need to know more or you think you could use my help, just drop me a PM.

Rozume
Veteran
Completed: Munster Academy, boy
Projects: Coming of Age VN
Organization: Cosmic Visual
IRC Nick: Rozume

Re: Cosmic Visual: Hiring Co-Writer for Casey [Unpaid/Art Tr

#3 Post by Rozume »

Opening this position again and edited the OP.