In Need of an Editor

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Eora
Regular
Projects: Sugar & Massacre, Réadú and Nach Innen

In Need of an Editor

#1 Post by Eora »

Hello there, Eora here. If you haven't seen me here before, I'll make the introduction short here for now.

I'm an artist/writer making a visual novel named Réadú. It's the first project where I have decided to write the whole thing in a Visual Novel inspired format, and the first project in general where I want to be the original writer of the script, however - my skills are lacking when it comes to translating my original Swedish words to English properly, and to structure the story itself until I'm pleased.

This is where I need help.
I'm not asking for a translator, instead someone who I can talk to about the story, throw out my ideas to and help to get a structure in it. Someone with great knowledge of the English language, who can write engaging texts on their own and who simply has some time to spare for someone who wish they knew what they're doing more than they are.
I don't expect anything full-time, so I wasn't planning on paying for this. If you are good at what you do and you know it, and you are good at listening too, send me a message!

Thank you for reading, if you have any questions, ask!
-

Current project: Sugar & Massacre

-

TheGreatTheorist

Re: In Need of an Editor

#2 Post by TheGreatTheorist »

Hi there.

I'm currently waiting for my staffs to finish the promotional arts for our "Shangraiya Chronicles" so we can post it "beautifully" in this forum. The script itself is almost done, so I was thinking about having another activities while waiting when I happened to read your post.

I may not be someone adept in English, but I can do some help for formal languages and grammar. Alas I don't understand Swedish so the edited script may give different sensation when being read.

If you consider using my help, please PM me beforehand so I can spare some times to do it.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#3 Post by Rinima »

If you want, I can help you out with the English a little bit. I talk to quite a few non-native English speaker on-line, so I'm rather good at correcting language mistakes ^^

Drop us a PM if you want the help :)
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

#4 Post by Ferdokki »

How frequently would we be working?
English is my second language, but it's also my better language. ;D

I am currently pretty busy because the end of the semester is rolling in, and professors are suddenly deciding they want to throw in a couple extra exams for us to fail before letting us go. >.<

strawberry loaf

#5 Post by strawberry loaf »

I've been looking to try and involve myself in a few
projects around here, to help out and such since
I'm new to the creating side of VNs, and I'd love
to help with editing if you'd like.

My first language is English, and I'm graduating
with a bachelor's in English next month,
with a focus on creative writing, so I've
taken a lot of classes on editing and have
written several fictional stories and poetry