Needed - Typical Japanese High School short stories - Unpaid

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

Re: Needed - Typical Japanese High School short stories - Un

#16 Post by Coren »

Can I take a look at Greeny's story, if possible? I want to see if I can incorporate Sachika-chan and Kentarou as side characters.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#17 Post by mugenjohncel »

I am so eager to finish this as soon as possible... Greeny's script is just (spoiler) :mrgreen:

Anyway, teaser... :mrgreen:

"POOF" (Disappears)

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#18 Post by Coren »

Oh, I was under the impression we can't incorporate deaths/guro/blah XD Are we? That'll make it more... interesting... haha.

InTheMoment
Projects: Lucid9
Organization: Fallen Snow Studios

#19 Post by InTheMoment »

I had assumed the same thing. It definitely would make the story more dramatic. I would love to have the chance to build a story off of the first episode.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#20 Post by mugenjohncel »

Coren wrote:Oh, I was under the impression we can't incorporate deaths/guro/blah XD Are we? That'll make it more... interesting... haha.
InTheMoment wrote: I had assumed the same thing. It definitely would make the story more dramatic. I would love to have the chance to build a story off of the first episode.
Uh... guys... what you see here is just a typical game of Girls Dodgeball... taken a "little bit" too seriously... so uh... nobody dies... yet... :mrgreen:

"POOF" (Disappears)

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Loop, The Madness
Projects: In Orbit, TBA
Organization: Gliese Productions

#21 Post by Greeny »

Coren wrote:Oh, I was under the impression we can't incorporate deaths/guro/blah XD Are we? That'll make it more... interesting... haha.
Don't you know that the human body can lose at least 1600cc of blood before dying? That's as many as two direct hit Mangan.
In Orbit [WIP] | Gliese is now doing weekly erratic VN reviews! The latest: Halloween Otome!
Gliese Productions | Facebook | Twitter

InTheMoment
Projects: Lucid9
Organization: Fallen Snow Studios

#22 Post by InTheMoment »

Ooooohhhhh. I saw the skull icon and ridiculous amount of blood and thought that she was dead. XD That's one intense game of dodge-ball.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#23 Post by mugenjohncel »

OK, a bit of update...

Here's a mockup test where there are people in the background.

In another test, we can't decide which one looks better or at least the one that looks good in Sketchup Backgrounds, left doesn't have outer line while right had a 2 px lineart

And we introduce another character...

I think we're now progressing smoothly that we can soon move to the WIP section...

"POOF" (Disappears)

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Loop, The Madness
Projects: In Orbit, TBA
Organization: Gliese Productions

#24 Post by Greeny »

The one with lineart definitely looks better to me.
In Orbit [WIP] | Gliese is now doing weekly erratic VN reviews! The latest: Halloween Otome!
Gliese Productions | Facebook | Twitter

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#25 Post by mugenjohncel »

OK, just to make it easier to visualize the whole thing... and a bit of update on the project.

The first two stories will use costumed tailored BG's since we wanted them out and published ASAP while working on the actual Applegate Shool in Parallel

What we have here is the entire Old School covering 70 Hectares... which is quite large...

Unfortunately, this one is a bit too outdated and the modeling is not very good.

So we decided to gradually update and gut the buildings and put interiors (and furnishings) in them... in short, DETAIL OVERKILL

Of course, there would be some things that needed to be removed. First and foremost, we reduced the total school area to about 45 Hectares. Second, we remove the following facilities that really shouldn't be in there in the first place to save polygon and my sanity namely:

That secret Government Facility disguised as a Flood Gate.

The ridiculously extensive yet navigable Storm Drain that runs all over and under the school that can be entered through various hatches and open areas.

The Monument remembering some tragic event where some students died.

And that Missile Silo with ICBM in it...

Long story short, this is going to be a Vanilla School... an Ordinary One... the School is somewhat a more simplified copy of the School found in Angel Beatings where every story happens inside the School :)

Right now, the debate is intensifying if we are going to remove the Baseball Park... that's all for now...

"POOF" (Disappears)

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

#26 Post by Ferdokki »

I haven't logged into my LSF account for a few months now, but I logged on just to comment on this. =)

This project sounds really cool! =D
How long will you be accepting stories? I'm kinda busy at the moment, but maybe at some point I'll be able to whip out something...

*poof! Doesn't disappear because I lack skills. U.U *

destiny_921
Regular
Completed: Closure [KN]
Projects: The Universal Hope (writer, WIP)

#28 Post by destiny_921 »

Sounds interesting. I'll see what I can come up with.
“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try”
– Dr. Seuss

::Completed:: Closure (KN)
::WIPs:: The Universal Hope

::Misc::
Writing Guide

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#29 Post by mugenjohncel »

OK a bit of update...

Currently testing IRender Nxt because it's the only Renderer (as far as I know) where you can save your rendered images in it's native format and change the texture / color without re-rendering.

This way, we can differentiate several individual classrooms via the colors and textures + subtle differences. Also, the school is being reduced to about 35 Hectares...
Khajata wrote:Something like this?
Yep!... Welcome to Project Gakuen :)
destiny_921 wrote:destiny_921
Looking forward to it...
Ferdokki wrote:How long will you be accepting stories? I'm kinda busy at the moment, but maybe at some point I'll be able to whip out something...
There is no deadline, we will continue to accept stories as long as the whole project is still alive or at least until I finally decided to throw everything and sell my soul to the Kickstarter Devil and stop making free OELVN's and be famous and sign a contract to have Project Gakuen turned into Japanese anime and license Project Gakuen Merchandise that would be sold at every Waltermart or online at jlist (j/k) :mrgreen:

Though, the first projects to be done would be the less complex one... also, please refrain from using Explosions or any story where a structure or facility gets damaged at this early stage in the project. We still are working on the inheritance system of Project Gakuen (meaning: One story partially damages a building and the next story will inherit a setting where the partially damaged building is visible) :)

"POOF" (Disappears)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#30 Post by mugenjohncel »

I swear I'm not the one who gave this Pilot Episode it's current Cheezy name (points finger at Greeny) :mrgreen:

Anyway, teaser...
I am so gonna make sure I'll use the term OELVN as much as I can
:mrgreen:

"POOF" (Disappears)