Sprite Maker Design Suggestion?

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
kikcac

Sprite Maker Design Suggestion?

#1 Post by kikcac »

I'm planning while I'm free and haven't found any projects to draw for I'd create a character maker. So, I'm here to listen to your suggestions. :) What pose/cloth/hair/face/etc. you'd like to have? It could be your character (know that other people would also be able to use it, though), some basic design that could be used by anyone.
You can send me a picture or just describe by words, whatever suits you. :wink:
About my drawing skill you can just search my post, I have an Artist Available post here and an old game I tried to make in the Idea section.
Last edited by kikcac on Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

Fungii
Veteran
Completed: Home's Embrace
Projects: Royality TV
Tumblr: fungiidraws
itch: fungii

Re: Male Sprite Maker Design Suggestion?

#2 Post by Fungii »

When I make my own custom sprites, I try to include things that we don't really see in VNs, like tattoos, piercings, boyish haircuts on girls, and different arm poses. Just because I feel adding those things as free, easy access assets helps give them more of a presence in VNs.

kikcac

Re: Male Sprite Maker Design Suggestion?

#3 Post by kikcac »

@Fungii: Oh thanks, that sounds nice interesting. :)

joakkar
Completed: None
Projects: ygj 2017

Re: Sprite Maker Design Suggestion?

#4 Post by joakkar »

well the only thing I'm seriously tired of seeing is bangs. Most VN characters have bangs while in real life most men have shorter hair than that and most women have longer hair than that covering their foreheads. Also this is just something I personally like but adding a secondary hair color option would be cool (for characters with dyed hair or just fantasy settings where having two different hair colors at the same time is normal)