Seeking Editor for Missing Stars [Unpaid]

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Raithfyre
Regular
Completed: Highway Blossoms, Heart of the Woods
Projects: Highway Blossoms: Next Exit, Samayuuni, ???
Organization: Studio Élan
IRC Nick: raithfyre
Tumblr: considerrewordingthis

Seeking Editor for Missing Stars [Unpaid]

#1 Post by Raithfyre »

Missing Stars is currently seeking an editor. With our demo material coming close to completion, we're in need of an outside pair of eyes or two to go over and check for consistency, tone, etc. Please note that we are not simply looking for a proofreader, or someone to comb for grammatical errors or spelling mistakes, but more importantly someone who will have some control over syntax, quality, etc.

In a nutshell, MS is BxG, romance visual novel taking place in Vienna, at a fictional, specialized high school for students with needs. The main character is Erik Wilhelm, who begins attendance at the school following an incident. There are seven different heroines, with a typical branching structure. Since the similarities are noticeable, it's worth saying: MS is directly inspired by Katawa Shoujo, and is proud to be hailed as a sort of "spiritual successor" to it.

The estimated workload is currently at about 100k words, and I'd expect that to triple before the final release. We're aiming to release a 100k word demo at the end of this year, sooner if possible. The majority of that script is currently completed, at least in a rough form. We're currently waiting for art assets, while the soundtrack is technically complete (but still growing). I encourage you to take a look at our development blog, linked at the start of my post, or to browse our extensive collection of concept art, viewable on our Shimmie. Finally, as mentioned in the title, please note that is an unpaid position.

If interested, please contact me via PM here or via IRC. Please prepare some writing samples, or some other work that you feel showcases your abilities, and be prepared to be given a "test scene" to determine compatibility. Additionally, while Skype isn't a requirement, it's a very big plus.

Thank you for reading.

sailormarymoon
Deviantart: sailormarymoon

Re: Seeking Editor for Missing Stars [Unpaid]

#2 Post by sailormarymoon »

I love the story idea!

Are you still looking for an editor?