Artist commissions~(please take a look~♥!)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Senila
Regular

Artist commissions~(please take a look~♥!)

#1 Post by Senila »

Ahh, so I'm new here and I'm not quite sure what to post, but I'd really love to help people who need an artist for their visual novel ^ v ^
I'm only sixteen years old so don't be too hard on me when it comes to getting everything perfect, please, I'm only trying to help~ orz

Soooo to the point~ xD

I only have one decent example right now because I cleaned up my computer and accidentally deleted all my old artwork... orz but I promise that won't happen when I'm working on your commission! ^ ▽ ^ right now I'll provide examples of two different expressions for one character > v <

ALSO, IF MY PRICES ARE TOO HIGH PLEASE TELL ME I WOULDN'T WANT TO FEEL LIKE I'M ROBBING PEOPLE ; v ;"
There's been an edit because one of my friends wanted me to alter my prices~ so, still, if anyone wants me to lower my prices again, please do tell me~ n v n ♥ I changed these prices on 21/09/2014 so anyone who e-mailed me before that just has to pay me what I asked before this, I can't just go on and change the prices and then ask them to pay more, that'd be really rude~ u - u I'll put the 'before' and 'after' prices there just in case those people are confused~ n v n

-sketches/character concepts I guess, you can give me a character description and I'll draw three-four different versions of how I see them~ you can draw decent lines over the sketch I made, draw it by your own using my sketch as a reference, etc. do whatever you want with it! ^ ▽ ^
headshot = (first $1) now $5
waist-up = (first $2) now $8
full body = (first $4) now $10

examples
http://i.share.pho.to/2209a415_o.png
http://i.share.pho.to/cdbe84b7_o.png

-and the sketches but then colored and shaded, for which I will ask just a bit more than just the sketch, because I know it doesn't look like it, but coloring and shading sketches can take a lot more time than it seems, especially for three to four different sketches~ you gotta get the colors right y'know? u v u
headshot = (first $2) now $10
waist-up = (first $3) now $14
full body = (first $5) now $20

examples
http://i.share.pho.to/c3c52624_o.png
http://i.share.pho.to/c2e03ad3_o.png

-linearts with a transparent background so you can color them~~♥! ^ ▽ ^
headshot = (first $3) now $8
waist-up = (first $5) now $10
full body = (fist $8) now $15

examples
http://i.share.pho.to/5088da6c_o.png
http://i.share.pho.to/8c86b06d_o.png

-colored version with a transparent background, ready to use, I guess~! > ▽ < unless you want to do something extra with it xD and this'll cost $8
headshot = (first $10) now $15
waist-up = (first $15) now $25
full body = (first $20) now $35

examples
http://share.pho.to/5jB5i/3z/original
http://share.pho.to/5jB5i/td/original

if you are going to ask for a drawing for a character profile kind of image here are things I can add to the options from above:
-simple bg (one color, a couple of effects maybe, but nothing too spectacular because I'm not good at bgs, sorry > - <"""") = $1
-animal = $3 - $5 (depending on the difficulty)

AND A SIMPLE RULE

if you are going to ask for multiple characters at once you'll have to multiply the price with the amount of characters you want me to draw, hmkay? > v < ♥

also, I wouldn't mind being a proof-reader if anyone ever needs one~! ^ ▽ ^

and once again, I'm just 16 so I don't know much about prices and... well, I don't know much about commissions at all, so please tell me if I'm doing something wrong~ orz

AND ANOTHER SIMPLE RULE

the sketch - coloring sketch - lineart - coloring lineart
is pretty much the process I go through when creating sprites, so, if you ask me to make a sketch and want me to lineart it, it's not the full price for the lineart because a sketch had already been made so I wouldn't need you to pay money for the sketching part as well~
so let's make an example; I draw a sketch of a headshot of your character, that costs $1, if you'd want me to color that sketch you'd only have to pay me $1 extra because a colored headshot in TOTAL costs $2 and that $1 had been payed for my effort of making the lines for the sketch, which had already been made when you'd asked me to color it as well~
another example, if I'd had that colored headshot and you'd want me to lineart and color that as well you'd have to pay me $8 because you payed me those $2 for the colored headshot, which is a part of my usual drawing process, already~
I hope that's kind of logical~? I'm not good at explaining~ orz

you can message me privately or reply on this thread if you want to commission something, and if you're still reading, thank you for going through all my nonsense~ > ▽ < ♥♥
Last edited by Senila on Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:20 am, edited 4 times in total.

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

Re: Artist commissions~(please take a look~♥!)

#2 Post by SundownKid »

Your prices seem perfectly fine to me. IMO, you should be fine with keeping the prices where they are (adjustments due to the amount of business you're getting notwithstanding).

Senila
Regular

#3 Post by Senila »

Ahhh, I'm glad they're okay~! > v <

and okay, I guess that when I get too much to do I'll just close the commissions for a while, if that's what you mean~ xD

//my english is really crappy today so I might misunderstand things ; - ;"

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#4 Post by MaiMai »

Actually, I'd say you're undercharging a lot at least for the colored products. Sketch/character concept prices are okay, but for fully colored headshots/waist-ups/full body pieces you could probably charge twice as much.

Just because you're 15, doesn't mean you have to undersell yourself. In fact, you shouldn't. Read Greeny's very important post about commissions so you can approach this better.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Senila
Regular

#5 Post by Senila »

Ahh, thank you a lot! ^ v ^ I'd never thought I'd be undercharging anything orz

I'll read everything, but I'm not quite sure how much I should ask for the colored drawings, then~ ; v ;"
would you mind helping me a bit with that or do you think it's better I find that out on my own~? ; v ;

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#6 Post by MaiMai »

Pricing is tricky, so I don't blame you for feeling a little lost. For now, I'd say just double your prices for your colored pieces; it'll still be affordable, but you'll be compensated more fairly. As time goes on and your skill increases (assuming you keep drawing as a hobby/possible career path) there's nothing stopping you from bumping up your prices as you see appropriate.

This Commission Tutorial is another good thing to read through and is not only applicable on just DA. I think it has very good tips and general guidelines when it comes to taking on commissions.

My other advice is to take a look at how other artists price their work and ask yourself if you would price your work the same or what you would do differently.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Senila
Regular

#7 Post by Senila »

Okay~ I asked a bit more for the colored versions~! > v <
Thank you very much for the help, and I'll try to read through both links you sent me~! ^ v ^

einari
Regular

#8 Post by einari »

Age doesn't effect a price
It's your skill, And your drawing skill is good enough to be paid in normal price

If you undercharging too much you will change your price harder in future. (For me, My price will not change at least 2-3 years)

I often lower my price at your age and even do for free but I always work hard than it should be
So I charging my work+stress from work+time to spend each work(speed for deadline/take time to work with tiny detail) = price

Hope this will help you, And good luck with your work!

Senila
Regular

#9 Post by Senila »

Wahh, thank you very much~! ^ v ^

I guess that if I have to take the amount of effort into the price it'll be okay for what it is now, because even though exams are coming up I never have too much stress about it~
that helped me a lot, though, and I'll remember that for when I'm having more stress due to difficult situations~ > v <

It really helped me a lot, and thank you, I'll try to do my best for every commissions I'll get~! ^ v ^ (if I'll ever get any xD)

Cafechan
Regular
Completed: algormortis
Projects: The Duenkhy, Lights on Stillwater Hill

#10 Post by Cafechan »

Your fully colored art is extremely good! I'm glad you've decided to raise the prices a bit! I hope you get some business ♥

Senila
Regular

#11 Post by Senila »

Oh my god, thank you so much~~! > ▽ < I've been looking at the threads you made and saw that your art is amazing so I'm really glad you think so~! ; ▽ ;
and I'm really lucky to have gotten some tips about the prices x'D

and I hope I'll get some business too~! ^ ▽ ^ I can't wait to help people with their projects~~! > v < ♥

Chasing Summer
Regular
Projects: unannounced project

#12 Post by Chasing Summer »

Your art’s really good! If I ever (or when I do) need an artist, I might contact you if you’re still open.

P.S, I absolutely loved Nameless. I hope you raise enough money to buy it soon!
new account: sonnenblumen

Senila
Regular

#13 Post by Senila »

Thank you so much, I'm glad you like it~! ^ v ^
and I would be more than happy to help if you ever need an artist~! > v <

yahh, I can't wait to play it~~ the demo was already amazingg > v < ♥

wyverngem
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Simple as Snow, Lady Luck's Due,
Projects: Aether Skies, Of the Waterfall
Tumblr: casting-dreams
itch: castingdreams

#14 Post by wyverngem »

I've sent you a pm. :D

Senila
Regular

#15 Post by Senila »

wyverngem wrote:I've sent you a pm. :D
And I replied~! > v < ♥