Seeking 1) assistant programmer and 2) video editor! (PAID)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
PangoDango
Regular
Projects: Lovely Little Thieves
Organization: PangoDango Games

Seeking 1) assistant programmer and 2) video editor! (PAID)

#1 Post by PangoDango »

Hey, I'm looking for some programming help with a pretty simple VN I'm working on. Simple, but it's my first one and frankly, I don't have a programmer's brain and could sure use some help with the messy stuff.
Basically, I need some guidance/assistance with a dynamic opening scene that doesn't use the regular UI, programming transparent layers of expression for sprites, and programming custom UI elements in place of defaults. I technically know how to do these things sort of, but it takes me eons and I always end up with errors because frankly, I'm not a programmer. If anyone doesn't mind helping me out with some of these issues gratis, it would be a huge weight off my shoulders. (I know it says PAID in the thread description, but that's describing the video editor part. For the light programming assistance I would need for the demo, I can't afford to compensate you fiscally at this time.)

Now I'm ALSO looking for an After Effects wizard with examples of their work (AMVs, typography videos, whatever-have-you,) to edit together a 60-second trailer for an upcoming VN kickstarter video. Job is PAID, send me a message with examples of your work for more details.

I actually have a lot of video editing experience myself, but it's much more basic and not design-oriented like I want this trailer to be. Think something like a book trailer, using art assets and effects set to music to get a real strong, snappy image across, like a music video. If you can work with Photoshop and make at least simple graphics that would also be a huge help as that might come in handy for blending in the spaces between source art from the VN and promo text.

Project info is listed in detail here! :mrgreen:

Natsfan

Re: Seeking 1) assistant programmer and 2) video editor! (PA

#2 Post by Natsfan »

Hi, JO! I'm an Information Systems/Computer Science student at Carnegie Mellon, and you might recognize me as "Natsfan" from the CYS chat. I'm not an expert on visual novels by any stretch, but I'm a pretty sharp programmer and I have a lot of experience with python, which should be conducive for the kind of things you want. I have plenty of free time between now and mid-august, and would be happy to give you a hand if you're interested!

Allegra Hughes
Veteran
Completed: One Leaf Clover
Projects: Bitter Truth, Two Faced
Organization: Chisa Studios

#3 Post by Allegra Hughes »

Sent you a PM, just checking if you got it?

egakiar444

#4 Post by egakiar444 »

Hi Hope,

I really like the look of your project, it would be a pleasure to help. I have quite a bit of programming experience, and though I've never used Ren'py, I have some experience with other game engines. While I'm by no means a programming wizard, I'm confident I could help you work through the problems you're having. I also have plenty of free time in the evenings for the forseeable future, and I'm OK with helping for free for such a cool looking VN. Let me know if you'd like my help.

Either way I wish you luck!
LJ

thekobester11
Regular
Completed: none >.<
Projects: experimenting renpy as of this moment

#5 Post by thekobester11 »

Heya

This looks like an awesome project and I would love to help! I know how to use AE and premiere since i'm a videographer. Just PM me if you're interested.

Good luck to you project!