Seeking Sprite Artist for 'The Rejects~ Dance with the Dead'

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
pocoscon
Regular
Projects: Black Lotus(Hitatus), Lethal Love,

Seeking Sprite Artist for 'The Rejects~ Dance with the Dead'

#1 Post by pocoscon »

Hey. I'm new, but I've been with this place for a while. At the moment I'm trying to make a long series of games that focus on different characters that our somehow rejects to society. The first one I'm making is called The Rejects~ Dance with the Dead. It focuses on a human boy who is one of the last full humans of Eoria. His accidentally gets roped into a family of vampires, and is forced to marry one of them after breaking a ritual.

This would be the first game of the series. It is a BxB game, and I'm planning on making it GxB, but it depends on if I can get another writer. I don't expect the artist for this game to stick with me for the others. It's only if you want to :) . I can't pay right now since I'm a student, but can offer coding, writing, and singing for your games. (Oh, and this is a collaboration)

What I need-
Someone who likes making VN's and enjoys BxB, or GxB. I need you to have a email, skype, or msn, so we can give each other weekly updates. As for the guys, I think I'll need about 2 outfits and six expressions for each. There are three of them, and three girls who are secondary characters.

The game is set to be a bit mature, so I'm hoping the artist doesn't mind having that in the game. Also, the main character is going to be a bit on the heavy side, so I'm hoping that I can find someone who won't mind drawing that for him.

Plot - Haru has always been an outcast because of how he's one of the few humans left in Eroia. However, with his loving foster family, and job at the bakery, he is content with his simple life. However, when he's roped into going to a dance with his friend, Haru accidentally becomes forced into marriage with one of the Himitori family's three sons. With no way of escape, Haru much choose one of the three guys to marry, and somehow find a way to survive the land of the dead.

Haru- An ambitious guy who works at his foster father's bakery. Haru is one of the few pure humans left in Eroia, and it's because of this that he's often bullied by other races. Haru has a deep love for the parties at the bakery, and dreams of one day owning his own shop. Though he has little friends, Haru finds content with his foster family, and only friend Amaria. Due to his rather pudgy nature, he knows very little when it comes to dating and often gets shy around any girls. Despite this, he's a good and funny guy, but has some serious self-confident issues deep down.

Kalim-The eldest son of the Himitori family. He's secretly been in love with Haru, and is constantly visiting the bakery in disguise. Due to wanting to win Haru's heart, Kalim is trying his best to act like 'prince charming' and at first comes off like a friendly, kind guy. In reality though, Kalim is quite immature, and is often one to cause trouble in the village. Currently, he's trying his best to change himself in order to win Haru's love. But for a guy who believes his race superior to everyone else, and his deep obsession with women, can he ever hope to win the love of a human being?

Malik- The second oldest son. Unlike his brother, Malik cares little of what society says and would much rather spend his time hunting the enemies of his animal friends. Malik is completely against the marriage to a guy, and often gets into arguments with his mother. He is a rather angry person due to him not being a pure blood of the family. Similar to Haru, he is rejected by many of the towns people, and only finds solace from his animal friends. Funny enough, Malik has feelings for Pamela, and is in a constant battle with jealousy on how she's with his brother.

Isaac-The youngest son. Isaac is adapted to the art of seclusion. He spends much of his time in his workshop doing god knows what, only coming out at certain times to spend time with his family. Though an eccentric, Isaac is very smart and friendly, though he does rather bad when in social situations. Many rumors go around town about him actually him being some horrid monster that is planning to eat people. Unlike his brothers, Isaac does care about the village, and is too busy with his inventions to actually do much. Due to his short stature, he's often picked on by his brothers as well, but gets back at them with the experiments he's created. Though a hyper active boy, Isaac does struggle with some health problems, mostly due to him not being able to handle his vampire blood.

Amaria-Haru's only friend. She works at the bakery as a waitress, and sees everyone there as her family. Amaria is wise, funny, and outgoing. She can easily befriend anyone that comes into the shop. However, she's also quite secretive about her life, and doesn't always tell the truth when cornered. She appears to be friends with Kalim, but hates Pamela.

Pamela- A seductress who longs to marry into the Himitori family. She has a deep love for Kalim, and was heartbroken when he broke it off with her. She is a feminine and cunning girl who will do almost anything to get her way. She is very good at acting, and can easily make people fall for her. She is also the primary reason that Kalim and Malik are at each others throat.

Merda- Head of Himitori family and mother of the three brothers. She is a cool, calm, and collected lady that longs to see all her kids grow up a bit. Her hobby is smoking a pipe, which is a bit weird since that's a guy thing.
Last edited by pocoscon on Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sempersapiens
Regular

Re: Seeking Sprite Artist for 'The Rejects~ Dance with the D

#2 Post by sempersapiens »

Oh, and one last thing, I know this may seem insane, but I'd like someone who can work a bit moderately fast, just so I can get this out. It's kind of a special gift to someone before they leave for Europe.
If you're working to a specific deadline, I suggest you check out the Creative Commons section of the forum. There are plenty of great artists there who post stuff you can use for free. Some people even post photoshop files of their sprites with different layers you can play around with, so you can change their clothes and hair and stuff to fit what you have in mind. That might be easier than trying to get an artist to work specifically for you, for free, within your timeline.

pocoscon
Regular
Projects: Black Lotus(Hitatus), Lethal Love,

Re: Seeking Sprite Artist for 'The Rejects~ Dance with the D

#3 Post by pocoscon »

sempersapiens wrote:
Oh, and one last thing, I know this may seem insane, but I'd like someone who can work a bit moderately fast, just so I can get this out. It's kind of a special gift to someone before they leave for Europe.
If you're working to a specific deadline, I suggest you check out the Creative Commons section of the forum. There are plenty of great artists there who post stuff you can use for free. Some people even post photoshop files of their sprites with different layers you can play around with, so you can change their clothes and hair and stuff to fit what you have in mind. That might be easier than trying to get an artist to work specifically for you, for free, within your timeline.

I know of that section and they have great stuff, but I have a Mac and can't download most of the things. Also, a lot of those aren't fantasy vampires and I need that. As for time, I can really work around the artists schedule. I'm not in a rush. But thank you very much for the advice :)