Looking for Proofreaders & Writers (Lost & Found)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

Looking for Proofreaders & Writers (Lost & Found)

#1 Post by sasquatchii »

Hey guys! I have been working on my visual novel, Lost and Found, for a few weeks now. Mostly I have been plotting out story lines, writing it, and working on character designs. I have been working solo, and would love to have some help. Writing is very new to me, and I think the game could be 10x better if people helped me proofread and write it.

Image Image

The Game in a Nutshell:
Lost & Found is a little unusual because in the game, you play as a stray dog that lives in the city and struggles to get by every day. He's always hungry, he's got fleas, and he constantly has to watch his back- because of that pesky dog catcher guy from the pound! "Sneaky" is the dog catcher, or at least, that's what Dog calls him, on account of him being so darn sneaky all the time. Sneaky makes Dog's life miserable, because of all of the crazy shenanigans he comes up with to catch Dog. So far dog's been lucky and has managed to evade Sneaky, but Dog's seen how Sneaky has driven off with the unlucky dogs he's managed to catch. For some reason, though, Sneaky completely ignores dogs that have humans. Dog isn't too sure why, but he decides that he should get a human of his own. Maybe if he does he will be able to live a more peaceful and happy life.

In the game, there are 3 different characters who are considering adopting you. So, it's sort of like a dating VN, but instead of romancing the characters you have to be cuddly and adorable and charming instead. I see this as a light hearted, slice of life type game that is silly and comedic.

WIP thread: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=27516
Game Length: In it's finished state, I'm hoping for somewhere around 40,000 - 70,000 words. Right now I have about 2,000 words written in my first draft.
Art: The cartoony vectorized characters are all done by me! Right now I'm shooting for 12 different characters (I'm creating sprites for the minor characters as well) but that might change depending on how the story plays out.

Also, the game does have some profanity in it.

Game Progress:
Character Sprite Designs: 5/12
Script: 2K/ 40 - 70K
Backgrounds: 1/??
GUI: 5%
Music: 25%
Coding: 0%

What I'd like help with:
I'm looking for people to help proofread, write the script, and bounce ideas around off of.

Proofreaders:
  • - Review script & give feedback
    - Check for grammar errors & awkwardly worded sentences
    - Give constructive critique when needed
Writers:
  • - Collaborate to write different routes for the game
    - help come up with ideas for scenes & dialogue
    - help with researching & fact checking
    - Review script & give feedback
    - Check for grammar errors & awkwardly worded sentences
    - Give constructive critique when needed
Compensation:
Unfortunately, I will not be able to pay anyone for their time. This is a side project/hobby, and it will be free for others to play when it is completed.
However, I would like to propose a trade of sorts to anyone willing to help out! I work full time as a graphic designer, and spend a good amount of time at a computer, so I would be happy to provide anyone who signs on to help me with my services as well. You can check out some of my work at http://sasquatchix.deviantart.com/gallery/

Capabilities:
  • - Logo Design
  • - Icon Design
  • - GUI Design
  • - Vector illustration
  • - Chibi art
If interested, please let me know! You can either post here or PM me.
ImageImage

meiri
Regular
Projects: Tutor Tabitha, Movement
Organization: Blue Bottlecap Games

Re: Looking for Proofreaders & Writers (Lost & Found)

#2 Post by meiri »

pm sent :)
What's in a loop? A loop iterated in any other way would output as sweet.
--
Have a look at my GxG kinetic novel, Movement, if you have the chance?