Programmer looking for work!

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
kdyz
IRC Nick: kdyz

Programmer looking for work!

#1 Post by kdyz »

Hi, I'm just new here. Anyways, I've been a long time fan of dating sim games and I'm here to offer my help if it's in that genre.

I could create the game on C++, SDL2. I won't be using another program since I will be making the entire game.
My work could be free(depends)/paid(I don't need a big one, I just want a good game)/collab (I prefer collab).

To anyone who is interested and wants a sample of a game in their mind then just tell me, I could make that game as a trial for you.

I'm looking forward to types like Tokimeki Memorial, Love Plus, etc.... heck even Harvest Moon type (but this would take a very long amount of time.

I could easily make events, stats, battles, random backgrounds when starting the game, anything like it was a normal pc game you'd buy.

For those interested, please tell me only if you're sure on the game, tell me the description and please get your scripts and graphics ready, or at least have competent ones.

:D hope someone who has an awesome idea reads this :D

//SEPTEMBER 18 EDIT
http://oi59.tinypic.com/a1nujd.jpg
http://oi59.tinypic.com/2zgdh87.jpg

This is a snap of a scrapped game that made use of an engine I made, the characters were *Stolen* from this site, they were just placed there as temporary pictures to make the picture clearer, credits go to their original owners.
ff
Please don't mind the background, I made them in a rush and I'm not really an artist ahahahha

ENGINE DETAILS *for those who are in urgent need of speed since I could just tweak and edit these engines or scrap them depending on what you want
:
3-year calendar with eventing, consists of years, months, days, 3 state day (day afternoon night)
dialogues
inventory(unfinished, it was actually a complex type of inventory consisting of numerous subcategories and buff categories)
map (there are 2 types of map available in the engine, going to be 3 since I'm trying to integrate opengl for a 3d dungeon but I'm not confident with it yet)
TYPE 1: The ginormous openmap
TYPE 2: The one seen in the screen shots with red dots
TYPE 3: IN PROGRESS, 3d type. But I don't really prefer this much, going for a 3d dungeon would be a waste if the character wasn't 3d as 3d rotation would be locked to avoid the player seeing a 2d character as paper-thin from the sides.
:
hmmmmm what else what else.... I'm actually flexible and I could perform with speed since I could work with the codes while I'm at uni and while I'm at school.

EDIT #2
To those who are making a paid-game then I'd prefer maybe split.
I won't accept payments before I make the code, but after submitting enough codes I would want to receive some down payment, it doesn't matter in what quantity, it's just my insurance so that my effort won't be wasted in case the project halts
Last edited by kdyz on Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:28 am, edited 3 times in total.

kdyz
IRC Nick: kdyz

Re: Programmer looking for work!

#2 Post by kdyz »

To those who pm'ed me on August, I apologize for not being able to reply. I was actually busy playing tennis and my muscles were constantly sore to the point that I had to head straight to bed after I got home from uni. Sorry again for the delayed replies.

MoonStar
Regular
Projects: Yggdrasil

#3 Post by MoonStar »

kdyz wrote:To those who pm'ed me on August, I apologize for not being able to reply. I was actually busy playing tennis and my muscles were constantly sore to the point that I had to head straight to bed after I got home from uni. Sorry again for the delayed replies.
hey np happens hehe sent you a pm btw

MoonStar
Regular
Projects: Yggdrasil

#4 Post by MoonStar »

unless your a professional programer, game developer or game designer i suggest dont contact him cuz hes the type of person will expect you to be like that. if your not a professional person yet still contact him the be prepared for alot of technical and giving details for every pixels and get tons of explanations when you ask a simple question

other then that hes a great guy and programer just our styles were to conflicting