Artist needed for new game project

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
InvertMouse
Regular
Completed: Unhack
Organization: InvertMouse

Artist needed for new game project

#1 Post by InvertMouse »

Hello everyone :). I am in need of an artist for a new games project of mine. First, I would like to introduce you to my works and show I am capable of finishing projects:

1. Bermuda

http://bermuda.invertmouse.com/

Bermuda is a visual novel combined with stealth missions. The game is fully voiced by veteran actors like Cristina Vee, Kira Buckland and Kyle Hebert. Bermuda's Kickstarter campaign reached over 200% of its goal:

http://kck.st/1krgOvc

Siliconera has featured Bermuda on several occasions.

2. Unhack

http://unhack.invertmouse.com

Unhack is a visual novel x puzzle hybrid. The game features the voice of Xanthe Huynh. Her voice can also be heard in Atelier Meruru, Luminous Arc 2, Rune Factory among others. Unhack has sold over 15,000 copies thus far. Like Bermuda, Unhack has been spotlighted on Siliconera, IndieGames and more.

Once I find an artist, for starters, I would like a promo art done for my new project, currently titled Cursed Sight. Here is a rough sketch of the artwork I need:

I may ask several artists to draw the same artwork to find which style suits the project most. All selected artists will be paid for this particular illustration.

I also could use an update on these artworks:

For starters, it would be great if interested artists could link me to their portfolios. Thank you :)!

Aviala
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Your Royal Gayness, Love Bug, Lovingly Evil
Organization: Lizard Hazard Games
Tumblr: lizardhazardgames
itch: aviala

Re: Artist needed for new game project

#2 Post by Aviala »

Hey there!

I'm a game design student and an artist from Finland and I'm very interested in your project!
Here's a link to my website. It's still under costruction but it contains some information and, most importantly, my portfolio:
http://lizardhazardgames.webs.com/

I'm currently working as a character designer and a sprite/CG artist on a VN project but I'm confident that I will also have time to work on yours if you choose me. I've been told that I work fast and that I'm reliable.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#3 Post by Rinima »

Is this paid?

EDIT: nm, read the last part.

Is this just for the one piece of work?
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

InvertMouse
Regular

#4 Post by InvertMouse »

Thanks Aviala! I'll take a look at your portfolio :).

Rinima, this is for the one piece of work to begin with, and then there will be an opportunity to be the artist for the rest of the game. Thank you!

Those who sent me DMs, thank you as well. I will be in touch soon.

Fungii
Veteran
Completed: Home's Embrace
Projects: Royality TV
Tumblr: fungiidraws
itch: fungii

#5 Post by Fungii »

I'm sure you must be swamped with applicants at this point already, but I'd also love to be a part of this project as well. I'm currently a full time artist for another VN that's in the works but I would also be able to fill out your needs as well. You can see my thread here for VN specific artworks, and I also have an artblog for more general look at my skills in my signature.

InvertMouse
Regular

#6 Post by InvertMouse »

Thanks Fungii! Yeah, I have a few potential candidates in mind already. Let's see what happens, though. Thanks :).

InvertMouse
Regular

#7 Post by InvertMouse »

Hello everyone. Thank you for all of your submissions! Though I was unable to respond to everyone, I do appreciate all of your offers. I will be making a decision in early September. If anyone else is interested in being involved, feel free to drop me a word :).