Looking to work on short-term game for free (Closed for now)

Forum rules
Never bump threads. Per rule 16, updates may be posted once every 2 months. Per rule 18, disclose generative AI use when creating/updating a thread. Violating these rules may led to thread deletion.
LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

Re: Looking to work on short-term game for free

#16 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Oh okay and yes, if you would kindly go through the trouble doing so :)
ImageImage

hiko27
Veteran
Projects: Tsundere-sama (working title)
Tumblr: crappyassdrawings
Deviantart: tsunderenyan
Discord: erikaaaa#6140

Re: Looking to work on short-term game for free

#17 Post by hiko27 »

LadyOfGatsby wrote:Oh okay and yes, if you would kindly go through the trouble doing so :)
Okay gotcha, I'll hopefully have one done by next week for you. I'll try and finish more than one so you can have more to look at and stuff.

UPDATE: I decided to work on Raithfyre's "The Golem's Wake." Link to the progress thread is in the first post. Applications are closed for now, but if you have questions or you'd like to ask for more samples, feel free to ask here. As mentioned, I will open applications again once I've finished the current game I agreed to work on.
My art thread
links to portfolios

an otome game from a tsundere's pov

hiko27
Veteran

Re: Looking to work on short-term game for free (Open)

#18 Post by hiko27 »

Golem's Wake on indefinite hiatus for now so I'm up to helping somebody out.
My art thread
links to portfolios

astrokeofmadness
Regular
Completed: AAA:Book 1
Projects: A Stroke of Apprehension

#19 Post by astrokeofmadness »

Heya, you sound like an awesome person, so I figured I'd at least toss the offer out, although it doesn't fit all the criteria.

I'm currently starting work on the second chapter of my Visual Novel and wouldn't mind having someone to help me with it. I broke the VN into 3 books for the sake of segmenting the story. I took a month break after completing the 1st book So Technically I have zero written for this book as of yet. But its part of a series, so I also have a finished game in the series as proof of completion/dedication. Decided to start back up again this week.
Also either way, you might want to include your definition of "short-term" so people can gauge if their work counts. In my case I'm planning this VN to be about three times longer then my first book(so about an hour), so I'm expecting to spend 3-5 months on it solo or so. A lot of post production stuff like wasting a month on casting calls/voicework etc needs to be done in the final months.

Link is in my signature btw for both cases.
Anyways thanks for offering to help people, super nice to see people willing to aid others.

hiko27
Veteran

#20 Post by hiko27 »

astrokeofmadness wrote:Heya, you sound like an awesome person, so I figured I'd at least toss the offer out, although it doesn't fit all the criteria.

I'm currently starting work on the second chapter of my Visual Novel and wouldn't mind having someone to help me with it. I broke the VN into 3 books for the sake of segmenting the story. I took a month break after completing the 1st book So Technically I have zero written for this book as of yet. But its part of a series, so I also have a finished game in the series as proof of completion/dedication. Decided to start back up again this week.
Also either way, you might want to include your definition of "short-term" so people can gauge if their work counts. In my case I'm planning this VN to be about three times longer then my first book(so about an hour), so I'm expecting to spend 3-5 months on it solo or so. A lot of post production stuff like wasting a month on casting calls/voicework etc needs to be done in the final months.

Link is in my signature btw for both cases.
Anyways thanks for offering to help people, super nice to see people willing to aid others.
It's totally fine. At least you're going for it. I tend to be flexible with my criteria depending on the project's scope and if the game looks very interesting and needs to be released into the world. Pretty much, if it's a great story, has a bit of work written into it (I don't doubt that you'll back out seeing as you mentioned in your thread it's about 15 minutes of gameplay), and all that, I'll still be willing to join a project.

Very, very interesting. And short term in this case pretty much means a game that can be played in an hour maximum. How much is the word count for your game if you don't mind me asking? I can't really work on anything much as you said you haven't started on it, but I'd be willing to start on any sprites or character designs you want me to whip up. Or sketches for backgrounds or CGs you know you're going to be including.

And thank you, it actually makes me happy just being able to help others here on the forums out, but since not a lot of people finish their games, I do have to set a criteria (though I have yet to finish my game as well orz).
My art thread
links to portfolios

omegafalcon

#21 Post by omegafalcon »

Would you be interested in making concept art for a Fighting Game?

astrokeofmadness
Regular

#22 Post by astrokeofmadness »

somehow double posted by accident...
Last edited by astrokeofmadness on Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

astrokeofmadness
Regular

#23 Post by astrokeofmadness »

astrokeofmadness wrote:
hiko27 wrote:
astrokeofmadness wrote:Heya, you sound like an awesome person, so I figured I'd at least toss the offer out, although it doesn't fit all the criteria.

Very, very interesting. And short term in this case pretty much means a game that can be played in an hour maximum. How much is the word count for your game if you don't mind me asking? I can't really work on anything much as you said you haven't started on it, but I'd be willing to start on any sprites or character designs you want me to whip up. Or sketches for backgrounds or CGs you know you're going to be including.

And thank you, it actually makes me happy just being able to help others here on the forums out, but since not a lot of people finish their games, I do have to set a criteria (though I have yet to finish my game as well orz).
My book 1's word count is 3000 or so and takes 17 minutes to finish assuming using the voice acting. I guess 20 to listen to the alt dialogue. Aiming to triple the length for book 2. So with voice acting, around an hour or below.(Actual read times would likely be half for anyone reading without voices since voices are much slower then actual reading.)

Anyways, if you'd like to help I'll PM you my skype name so we can talk more.
Last edited by astrokeofmadness on Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hiko27
Veteran

#24 Post by hiko27 »

omegafalcon wrote:Would you be interested in making concept art for a Fighting Game?
If it's concept art, then yep, definitely.
My art thread
links to portfolios

hiko27
Veteran

#25 Post by hiko27 »

astrokeofmadness wrote:My book 1's word count is 3000 or so and takes 17 minutes to finish assuming using the voice acting. I guess 20 to listen to the alt dialogue. Aiming to triple the length for book 2. So with voice acting, around an hour or below.(Actual read times would likely be half for anyone reading without voices since voices are much slower then actual reading.)

Anyways, if you'd like to help I'll PM you my skype name so we can talk more.
It still sounds like it's a short game. That would be appreciated.
My art thread
links to portfolios

omegafalcon

#26 Post by omegafalcon »

hiko27 wrote:
omegafalcon wrote:Would you be interested in making concept art for a Fighting Game?
Awesome, the game itself is a Super Smash Bros Mod replacing everything with Anime/Manga content. I'm replacing the Subspace Emissary (Story Mode) with an all new story mode. I haven't gotten into much story details though because I haven't completed the list of playable characters. So, are you still up for it?

hiko27
Veteran

#27 Post by hiko27 »

omegafalcon wrote:
hiko27 wrote:
Awesome, the game itself is a Super Smash Bros Mod replacing everything with Anime/Manga content. I'm replacing the Subspace Emissary (Story Mode) with an all new story mode. I haven't gotten into much story details though because I haven't completed the list of playable characters. So, are you still up for it?
Not really knowledgeable about Smash Bros, so if you're okay with that, sure thing.
My art thread
links to portfolios

omegafalcon

#28 Post by omegafalcon »

hiko27 wrote:Not really knowledgeable about Smash Bros, so if you're okay with that, sure thing.
It's not really needed. OK so the Basic layout of the art should look sorta like this:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source= ... 1891&rct=j

It's basically switching out the characters:
Front: Kirito(SAO) Vs Eren Yeager(Attack on Titan)
Second: Lupin the 3rd VS Spike Spiegle(Cowboy Bepop)
Middle: Edward Elrich(Fullmetal Alchemist) VS Luffy(One Piece)
Forth: Briareos(Appleseed) VS Mokoto Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell)
Fifth: Veemon(Digimon) VS Keroro(Sgt. Frog)

Note: sorry for the long link.

hiko27
Veteran

#29 Post by hiko27 »

omegafalcon wrote:It's not really needed. OK so the Basic layout of the art should look sorta like this:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source= ... 1891&rct=j

It's basically switching out the characters:
Front: Kirito(SAO) Vs Eren Yeager(Attack on Titan)
Second: Lupin the 3rd VS Spike Spiegle(Cowboy Bepop)
Middle: Edward Elrich(Fullmetal Alchemist) VS Luffy(One Piece)
Forth: Briareos(Appleseed) VS Mokoto Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell)
Fifth: Veemon(Digimon) VS Keroro(Sgt. Frog)

Note: sorry for the long link.
It's fine, and so I just have to draw the characters above in these poses? You have a bigger size of this image?
My art thread
links to portfolios

omegafalcon

Re: Looking to work on short-term game for free (Closed for

#30 Post by omegafalcon »

Front:
Kirito VS Eren Yeager
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source= ... 0340&rct=j

Note: Both should be doing just about the same pose as the one on the left, but facing each other.

Second:
Lupin III VS Spike Spiegle
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source= ... 2235&rct=j and https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source= ... 3240&rct=j

Middle:
Edward Elrich VS Luffy
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source= ... 3895&rct=j and https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source= ... 6755&rct=j

Note: This was the closest pic I could find for Edward to what I was looking for. Basically just turning his head around.

Note: Luffys should look almost exactly like this, except of course facing towards Edward and using his current design in the Manga( https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source= ... 6755&rct=j)

Forth:
Briareos VS Mokoto Kusanagi
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source= ... 2223&rct=j and https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source= ... 3328085938

Note: The pose of the guy on the left but arched back more as if he's being pushed back. Just about the same thing but again facing Briareos.

Fifth:
Veemon VS Keroro
http://www.ssbwiki.com/images/thumb/5/5 ... aerial.png

Note: There poses should look almost exactly like this but distanced from each other

Also Note: There should be more space between the characters. Also, the line in the middle of the background, I wanted it to be Goku shooting up in a blue beam and Freeza coming up down in a red beam and almost meeting in the middle. The characters themselves don't actually have to be visible if thats not possible, but the beams themselves should be there.

Sorry if this is to much