Seeking artist for Briar (CLOSED)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Aurélie
Regular
Organization: Lyonesse

Seeking artist for Briar (CLOSED)

#1 Post by Aurélie »

Briar (thread linked) is looking for an artist to do sprites, CGs and possibly backgrounds, should our future Kickstarter succeed. The reason I'm posting this now, considering it's a hypothetical, is because I'd like to be able to immediately commission a few pieces from our future artist to show on the KS as an example of the final look.

For an idea of the content we'll be commissioning: regardless of whether or not the KS succeeds, once we decide on a prospective artist, we'll be commissioning two sprites and a CG straight off the bat to use for the Kickstarter. In the long run, there's about five new character sprites needed for each episode, with at least six CGs per episode. All the art required will be in a complete list at the start of commission, with their priority level marked. We won't be commissioning episode-by-episode but in a long stream. The entire plot of Briar is outlined and we're currently up to writing the second episode (of four). Briar has no adult content other than small amounts of blood. The cast is primarily made up of people of colour with varying body types.

If you have any questions, I'm happy to answer them here. We're looking for a semi-realistic style, preferably with painterly colouring. If you'd like to express your interest, please PM me examples of your work, what you're most and least confident with drawing (for example I know some people's weakness is animals), and if possible your rates for VN art and projects you've worked on before.
Last edited by Aurélie on Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aurélie
Regular

Re: Seeking artist for Briar (Paid)

#2 Post by Aurélie »

After receiving some applications and reviewing with my partner, we've decided to specifically look for a semi-realistic style, preferably with painterly colouring techniques. I'll edit the first post accordingly.

Aurélie
Regular

Re: Seeking artist for Briar (Paid)

#3 Post by Aurélie »

Thank you to everyone who sent in their portfolios! We've picked an artist, so we're no longer accepting applications.