(Paid) Seeking BG Artist & Musician for Corona Borealis

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
PB&Jelly
Projects: Corona Borealis, Never Forget Me (Writer)

(Paid) Seeking BG Artist & Musician for Corona Borealis

#1 Post by PB&Jelly »

Will June trade the glow of streetlights for fireflies and the cacophony of car horns for crickets?

Story

June Pinegar is forced to spend the summer working at her father’s quaint country café, far away from her urban home in New York City.
Will romance spark with the dutiful barista or friendship form with the bubbly cashier? Or perhaps she’ll mend the strained relationship between her and her quirky father.
One thing is certain: with each passing day, June is finding herself more and more charmed by the intoxicating mystique of the Southern town and its residents.

Corona Borealis is a heartwarming story that shows the lasting effects our lives are capable of having on others, as well as their effects on us.
Rather than just providing the player with romance options, it aims to explore the depths of non-romantic relationships, too.

More information (including sprite art, character descriptions, and a playable demo) can be found in the game's WIP thread.

Positions

BG Artist

I will need: 5-10 backgrounds
Deadline: Early 2015*

First off, I'd like to point out that the incredibly talented Deji is doing all of the sprite/CG work for the game, so it's extremely important to me that the game's BG art compliments her style. Personally, I would prefer 3D backgrounds created in Sketch Up. However, if you prefer to draw backgrounds by hand (oh my goodness, props to you) then feel free to apply also.

Now, if you've played the game's demo, you'll notice that I used an assortment of free backgrounds. This is because the BG artist I had previously hired stopped responding to my e-mails. Because of this, I'd like to stress the importance of reliability!

Musician

I will need: About 10 tracks
Deadline: Early 2015*

The game is set in a rural part of the southern United States. Because of this, I'd like for the overall feel of the music to be modern country. My friend, Mary Justice Lucas, will be performing the game's closing song, so I'd like something similar to her style, if possible. Here's an example of one of her original songs. If you feel that you cannot create this type of music, please don't apply.

I've never commissioned a musician before, so don't hesitate to PM me if you have any questions or need additional info!

To Apply

E-mail your application to corona.borealis.vn@gmail.com
Please include a list of any prior work experience/commissions, a link to your portfolio, and your rates.
*I will be able to work around your schedule to an extent.
However, I have found that individuals who know how to stick to a deadline tend to be more reliable and harder working.
As always, communication is key. If you cannot meet a deadline, I expect you to contact me at least a day in advance.