A Question about deciding to post in WIP Topic

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Dimourgos

A Question about deciding to post in WIP Topic

#1 Post by Dimourgos »

Err I'm not quite sure if I should make a WIP Topic or not. I want a place where I can post the art progression and art concepts and stuff that has to do with the game while getting comments, but I think this might be considered just art dumping? I'm not really sure..

Would stuff like that be okay to put in the WIP section or would it be more suitable to put it in the subforum ideas or in the creative art section?

Or should I just make all the progress drawings and such in a different thread in another section and link that at the bottom of the WIP post?
Like the WIP thread would have what the game is about and the character descriptions along with the percentage progress. Meanwhile there would be a link at the bottom that goes to the other thread, where I will post the art progression and art concepts I have made instead of just continuely making sub posts/replies to my WIP thread.

What do you guys think?

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

Re: A Question about deciding to post in WIP Topic

#2 Post by Ran08 »

If it has something to do with the game itself, then, I think it's fine! You can always do art updates (or any updates, actually) weekly, and people won't really mind. :) WiPs are for showing works in progress after all, so showing your progress in the art department is never a bad thing. :D

Dimourgos

#3 Post by Dimourgos »

Ran08 wrote:If it has something to do with the game itself, then, I think it's fine! You can always do art updates (or any updates, actually) weekly, and people won't really mind. :) WiPs are for showing works in progress after all, so showing your progress in the art department is never a bad thing. :D
Ah I see! Thanks!

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#4 Post by PyTom »

The only caveat is that WiP should be for art (writing, interface, etc) that will wind up in the final game. If it's not going in the final game, you should probably post in Ideas instead.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom