This post isn't about Ren'Py, but since everybody here is a fan of IF and visual novels (I hope), I was hoping to get your feedback anyway.
I've been working on a new IF engine and authoring system for a little while now, and before I get any further into it I wanted to get a few opinions from more experienced game creators around the community. Although I love visual novels and IF, I'm pretty new to the scene, so some help from folks like you would be greatly appreciated.
Although it's still in beta, my system is fully usable at this point. You can find it here: http://projectpd.blogspot.com/
(my dev blog). I've also got a short sample game on there as well, if you want to see it in action. I hope using everything is pretty straightforward, but if you run into any problems don't hesitate to ask me.
Here's the basics:
- Web based builder and game engine (player), written in Adobe Flex (run via Flash).
- Local game files and save games.
- All GUI (although I plan to introduce a scripting system at some point).
- Character and environment graphics.
- A deep conversation system (it works a lot like Neverwinter Nights).
This is a hobby project for me that I've been working on in my spare time by myself, so it's a very small-scale operation. But if somebody uses it and thinks it's cool, or even feels like giving me some feedback, then it's served it's purpose