Multiple Tertiary Characters

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

Re: Multiple Tertiary Characters

#16 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Anna wrote:Anyway, you can also make it so that they're named after what you see on their generic sprites, if you really want sprites. Such as 'short haired girl' 'freckled boy' whatever you want that's easy to link to the generic sprite. Using those 'names' are better than 'Student A' and 'Student B', because they actually tell you something about the students, thus making it less confusing.
Oooo, I like this idea! Plus, it makes a lot of sense and kind of solves my problem about worry about people getting confused. The silohette idea is also very viable.

BCM has a fairly realistic set-up so showing the sprites in some way shape or form is important to me. The reason they are there is to help flesh out their world since the main characters shouldn't really be living in a bubble. There is a bit of a balance between doing that and confusing people though, so I think these are good solutions!

Thank you :)