Star Trek: Voyager NOW RECRUITING

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Lee_Hitsugaya
Regular

Re: Star Trek: Voyager NOW RECRUITING

#61 Post by Lee_Hitsugaya »

ahh, I see your point. Anyway, although your friend is an amazing artist, I think Der Tor is correct. MOST of the trekkies out there are not artists. Those that are either work for CBS or need to. lol. So, do we have any takers?
in a perfect world those who can do it teach others how to do it. but were not in a perfect world. So were primarily stuck with teachers who don't kno jack.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Visual Novel forums

http://img509.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... rekzs0.png

Lee_Hitsugaya
Regular

#62 Post by Lee_Hitsugaya »

Ok guys, I need a bit of help with coding...

I'm making an intro for the 1st game and I want to fade the bg in. Now I know that 'dissolve' will work great, but I want to hide the text bar. How would I hide it then, later, bring it back?
in a perfect world those who can do it teach others how to do it. but were not in a perfect world. So were primarily stuck with teachers who don't kno jack.

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Der Totengräber, There is always a Choice, Darkness
Projects: A Legend of an Ancient Evil
itch: emmanuel-goldstein

#63 Post by Der Tor »

you gotta post questions like that in the game makers corner... if you post them there, you'll get a reply, if you post them here - you won't. :roll:

edit: i just relized that this is allready the game makers corner - of course i meant you should open a new post with ya question, since almost nobody reads ths Star Trek thread. :mrgreen:

Lee_Hitsugaya
Regular

#64 Post by Lee_Hitsugaya »

Not true! MANY PEOPLE READ THIS THREAD. however, how many of them know...HOW TO CODE???

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: 0 completed game. Still haven't made any meaningfully completed games...

#65 Post by JQuartz »

Der Tor wrote:you gotta post questions like that in the game makers corner... if you post them there, you'll get a reply, if you post them here - you won't.
Actually you should post them in Renpy if it's about Renpy.
I suspect somebody is stealing my internet identity so don't believe everything I tell you via messages. I don't post or send messages anymore so don't believe anything I tell you via messages or posts.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#66 Post by monele »

Do you use the regular text bar or do you use some non-default technique? With the regular text bar, there should be no problem... it hides whenever there's a transition ô_o

Lee_Hitsugaya
Regular

#67 Post by Lee_Hitsugaya »

I kno it hides for transitions, but as soon as the transition ends, it comes back. I dont want that. I want it to come back when I tell it too! However I may just use a video for the opening...

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#68 Post by monele »

Hmm... I remember asking a similar question a while ago then. I'm not totally what changed since then. I remember there being an option to keep the text window on screen at all times, but I don't think there was any precise way to control when it should be on or off.

Lee_Hitsugaya
Regular

#69 Post by Lee_Hitsugaya »

Ok then, in that case....Check this opening out...

Star Trek Espada: Intro
This is 3D animation and 2D animation using Sony Vegas. The ship is the USS Kongo

JQuartz
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: 0 completed game. Still haven't made any meaningfully completed games...

#70 Post by JQuartz »

I've seen the intro and everything is doable with Renpy except for the spaceship turning. The method I use might not be the most efficient though.

Anyway what's the size of the video?
I suspect somebody is stealing my internet identity so don't believe everything I tell you via messages. I don't post or send messages anymore so don't believe anything I tell you via messages or posts.

Lee_Hitsugaya
Regular

#71 Post by Lee_Hitsugaya »

Size: 4 mb (suprisingly)

Resolution: 320x240 (i think) or 640x480.

Lee_Hitsugaya
Regular

#72 Post by Lee_Hitsugaya »

Okay i've been on major lock down because of missing work in school but im happy to say PRODUCTION IS BACK IN FULL SWING! I'm working on a turbolift for the galaxy bridge and im also going to attempt an edit for it as well. I've modified a Defiant corridor for the USS Courageous and am hoping to figure a way to make the bridge. It is possible it'll be a 3D model. Im not sure yet. Anyways hopefully more art coming soon.

Lee_Hitsugaya
Regular

#73 Post by Lee_Hitsugaya »

Too show that this project is not dead I decided to post a test render along with some more info on the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb6OHIOyXIk

Now as you can see the cutscenes are EXTREMELY graphic intensive. Meaning each installment will be a large file to accomadate the game.

Now, as for the series, since it's made like a story, im going to release each part in "Chapters" which should hold everything down

then when i finish all "chapters" i'll edit it ALL together in one giant file (going to be in the HUNDREDS of MG possible 1-2 GB) when it's finished.

Anyone got any questions?

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#74 Post by Samu-kun »

Woah, that actually looks pretty good. ^_^

I'm assuming that you're rendering the videos and saving them as .avi movies. If you're doing that, then that's going to be helluva lot of cutscenes if the finished product's going to have 2 gigabytes. I'm not really sure where you'd host something that humongus...

bloodywyvern
Veteran

#75 Post by bloodywyvern »

That's...a good question, considering you can't do something like mega upload for that unless you somehow split it in to sections and the like. I...would mirror it, but I'd only be able to handle like 1500 downloads a month. Which is somewhat unreliable considering I'm using shared hosting (using isn't the right word, I barely use any bandwidth). I'll happy mirror anything, the individual pieces and the like (if you wanted) but as for the final product? Phew, I'd try?

Haha, well the video looked rather amazing. If you can combine that with the other essential parts you could have quite the game.
Project - R.E.M: Reality's Dream - Team head/Lead Writer
Other projects - Jamais Vu (script 10k), Chronicles of Etemis
Scripts in planning- 1