Background Photos - old bathhouse, geothermal valley

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
rinrin
Veteran
Completed: Several.
Projects: Several.

Background Photos - old bathhouse, geothermal valley

#1 Post by rinrin »

I had the opportunity to take a few photographs of an old Japanese bathhouse last week and thought of sharing them. They should work well as backgrounds, either as-is or filtered / processed. Feel free to use them any way you like - no restrictions, no credit needed.
The resolution is pretty low - if enough people are interested, I could take some higher-res photos the next time I go there.

Just to give you some context, the bathhouse is in Taiwan - it was built by the Japanese during the colonial period.
Second floor. This room was apparently used for relaxation and tea-drinking after taking a bath.
Second floor. This room was apparently used for relaxation and tea-drinking after taking a bath.
First floor (I suppose most people in the West would consider this ground floor). I couldn't get a good photo of the actual bathing area (it hasn't been in use for decades anyway) but this is what the surrounding area looks like.
First floor (I suppose most people in the West would consider this ground floor). I couldn't get a good photo of the actual bathing area (it hasn't been in use for decades anyway) but this is what the surrounding area looks like.
DSCF6989.JPG
This is where all the hot water comes from:
DSCF7120.JPG
DSCF7156.JPG
DSCF7150.JPG

Gryphbear
Regular

Re: Background Photos - old bathhouse, geothermal valley

#2 Post by Gryphbear »

very nice backgrounds -- free for everyone? They were alright with you using these?

Edit: nevermind. serves me right for not reading through the whole paragraph lol.

vaanknight
Regular
Completed: Happy Weird-Day! How a freckled fairy can save your world (Or get more freckles in the process...)"
Projects: Nameless 2D Fighting Game

#3 Post by vaanknight »

my goodness what a gorgeous place, I don't really have a use for them right now, ¬3¬ but I'll sure keep them in mind, thanks for sharing.

pkt
Veteran
Completed: I dunno
Projects: Something special

#4 Post by pkt »

Thanks a lot for this most valuable of resources.
No Active Public Renpy Projects...