Fluff Hood's Adventure[BxB][Parody][Comedy][TNC fangame]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Saitoki1582
Regular
Completed: Fluff Hood's Adventure, The Halloween Night
Projects: Mechanoid

Fluff Hood's Adventure[BxB][Parody][Comedy][TNC fangame]

#1 Post by Saitoki1582 »

Hi, this is my first VN project . I have always wanted to make a VN but not sure how, and actually I just got to know about Ren'py a few days ago. That's why this game is very basic and depended entirely on the Ren'py quick start tutorial. It's short and simple, with a few choice and a few ending.

Genre: Comedy, Parody, BL themed, fan game

Warning : This is a fan game based on Togainu no Chi, a 18+ BL game, parodies on it's story and characters. So these will be a lot of spoiler of the original game and maybe implied violence + perverted humor probably. Even though it's BL themed, the focus is comedy but since I'm paranoid I will give it a rating 16+.

Synopsis: Let's say it's a Little Red Riding Hood parody version of TNC. The story follow Fluff Hood (Akira) who is ordered to deliver cookies somewhere in Toshima forest. On his way, he met lots of weirdo and discover something surprising.

Screen shoot:

Cast (updated)

Game features
-4 ending, 2 good and 2 (not too) bad (every ending will have a CG)
-5 event CG
-CG gallery, a 6th CG will be unlocked after completing all the ending
Game progress:
Story: 100%
Script:100%
Code:90%
Sprite:100%
BG:100%
CG:100%
music: 0%
Though this is just a short game I come up to test the water before trying for a more serious project, I have actually put a lot of thoughts into it to make it interesting and not too short. I'm aiming to finish the game next week.

I'm not a native English speaker, so I will probably need some help with editing later. If anyone is interested and have some time to spare next week to proof read my mess of script and code, that's would be much appreciated.
Last edited by Saitoki1582 on Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:52 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Saitoki1582
Regular

Re: Fluff Hood's Adventure[BxB][Parody][Comedy][TNC fangame]

#2 Post by Saitoki1582 »

-Progress updated.
-Added more screenshoots
I'm still fiddling around with the code to try making more complex menu and add more funny bits and pieces for each choice, but the main story is finalized. Couldn't help that the more script written, the more idea pop up. Since the story is not long, I didn't want to give away a lot, but I hope to get feedback for what I posted so far (background, character and presentation).
Also note that you don't need to play the original game to be able to understand this fan game. These are just bits and pieces that will be more amusing to those who had already played the game.

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

#3 Post by potouto »

This seems very cute! I just love humor-themed games, a lot!! I've heard of Togunai no Chi but never actually played it. I remembered it's sort of dark-themed? Anyway, the art is super cute, it's very suitable! I suggest only using Akira's bust shot as the side image :x

yeah well | commission | website

sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

#4 Post by sasquatchii »

This game is precious!! And congrats on being halfway done with the script :)

Really looking forward to this one! Did you do the art?
ImageImage

Saitoki1582
Regular

#5 Post by Saitoki1582 »

Thanks for the feedback!

@josie
Yeah, TnC is a dark-themed game (post apocalyptic, drug use, guro, v.v..). Even I was sceptical of it at first, but got addicted as it has great story and characters. But yeah, it's not something for everyone.
You are right, I have been debating whether or not to just use the burst shoot or not but I'm sure now. Full body shoot is a bit of inconvenient in certain part of the story, gotta fix it right up.

@sasquatchii
Thanks you! I have a lot of fun writing the script, especially the satisfaction it bring when the character come to life on the game screen (but aren't we all? :3)
And yeah, I drew both character and background. Got inspired by the Yuupon style art. Even though chibi is not exactly my strong point, I'm pretty happy with the result so far. Had the most fun drawing their expression. :D

chaos

#6 Post by chaos »

ohh c: tnc is a game i hold dear to my heart. dmmd came close to beating it but it's still my favourite nitro+ game after all.

in that sense i am really looking forward to playing this game! seeing these precious characters in a happy setting is definitely needed after that game ;-;
vynuxys' new account, do forgive.

wendlierie

#7 Post by wendlierie »

In my opinion, TnC is definitely Nitro+ Chiral's best game!

YOUR CHIBIS ARE REALLY CUTE!! I'd probably play Rin and Shiki's route first!

How long is the game? 10-30 minutes or shorter?? (Or longer?? :D )

daijinahito
Regular
Projects: Siren's Plea & A+ Switch!

#8 Post by daijinahito »

Nitro+Chiral! I have a lot of those swirly eyed figurines your artwork seems to be modeled after, but mine are Lamento characters. ^3^ Are you only doing TnC sprites, or will you make this a crossover? I'd love to see some Lamento chibis mixed into the fray.

Saitoki1582
Regular

#9 Post by Saitoki1582 »

Progress updated! Script is almost done and I'm getting on with the CG.
I'm glad these are still people interested in TnC, as when I had enough courage to try it the fandom is already dead orz.
@chaos
Same here, I actually played TnC after DMMD, but after playing it I find myself liking it even more than DMMD. And these are already plenty of DMMD fangame so I thought why not TnC? And yeah I also want the character to be alive and kicking and be silly :P
@wendlierie
Actually the story is a comedy that focus more on every character's interaction and only have one true ending so if you are looking for individual character route, you will probably be disappointed. Though these are actually some (not so) bad endings to trip you on your way and they could be (sort of) individual route? I will try to make the game entertaining for at least 30 minutes, but I can't promise anything.
@daijinahito
Right, the sprites are based on that swirly eyes style :D. I wanted to try it because I think it look kind of cool. As for character, unfortunately I have not played Lamento, because Japanese look like some alien scribes to me orz. Also the story is kind of short, and too many characters would be hard and confusing to keep track of for a first project, so the story will be TnC only.

These will be a special CG to be unlocked after completing all the ending (or probably because I'm still looking at the code for it ).
Also, a question: Do you like the character to keep their original name from TnC or have their name as their roles in the story (like Tom Cat, Puppy, Bad Wolf and so on)?. I'm not native English speaker so names like Dog, Cat still sound like a name to me, but to the English speaking folk it would probably be awkward when character keep calling each other Dog or Cat all the time.

Saitoki1582
Regular

#10 Post by Saitoki1582 »

Updated progress:
-Changed menu theme a little.
-Changed text box style.
-Finished writing script.
-Finished all CGs.
Lint report:
The game contains 558 dialogue blocks, containing 7,362 words and 38,463
characters, for an average of 13.2 words and 69 characters per block.
I guess it's around 20-30 minutes playing?

Sound effect and music to be added. Can't wait to get it done ;v;

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by try10 »

SO CUUUUTE!!!! XD :D I'm so glad that someone decided to make a fangame based on Togainu no Chi! Good luck! :)

Saitoki1582
Regular

#12 Post by Saitoki1582 »

Thanks! I will try to get the game out as fast as I could. I had a lot of fun making the game and hope the other tnc fans will like it to :)

Saitoki1582
Regular

#13 Post by Saitoki1582 »

The game is completed. You can get it here:
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=28716