Gold Coin [VN GxB] [Romance] [Mystery] - SUSPENDED

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Meg'
Regular
Projects: Anges Démoniaques, Gang (Alex & Hugo), Le passé dans les veines

Gold Coin [VN GxB] [Romance] [Mystery] - SUSPENDED

#1 Post by Meg' »

UPDATES :
10/07/2013 :
I cleaned the first post
First background for the game complete (school)

05/07/2013 :
New menu added
Changing the format of the game 1280*720
GUI element added

03/07/2013 :
New version of Jude Harada added
---------------------------------
Genre : Romance, mystery and fantastic
Eri Harada is finally going to enroll at Mamori High, where her mother decided to send her for some dark reasons. She wouldn’t have thought that her high school life was going to make her discover obscure truths and that the rumor would come true.

While she learns more things about her past and about the true motivations of her mother, she soon enough realized that two of her classmates are one way or another linked to it. Kojiro Kimisaki and Ryou Aoi both seem to be the bearer of painful past that they hide differently and with talent.

Mamori High already counts three victims…
Deaths that occured in strange circumstances.

During her adventure, her steps always take her back to the same question : Is a leprechaun really hiding within the high school ?

So… Be careful on the choices you make…
Or it could soon be the end.
ARIA MAMORI

New version coming soon...
A hundred years ago, opening a school was her dream. Founder of Mamori High School, Aria had to gather all of her courage, determination and will to reach her goal. The mystery seems to be all over her descent and those who helped her for the opening and building of the establishment.

ERI HARADA
The heroine of the game. She is fifteen and entering Mamori High School. Curious by nature, she likes to gather information about what intrigues her. She prefers forming an opinion on facts and people by herself instead of believing in rumors and others opinions. Her instinctive intuition will bring her to uncover some truths that she wouldn’t ever have thought about and learn more about herself.

JUDE HARADA
Thirty-eight years old, she took care of her daughter alone since the father left both of them. For several years, she’s been working as a cook in the same restaurant. Her addiction to coffee seems to be a mean to attract her daughter attention away from some secrets and hide a deep sadness.

RYOU AOI
The archetype boy who believes only in what he sees. Skeptical about everything, he uses and abuses of irony. At first he seems cold and distant, but he also has a sadistic and teasing side. He loves making fun of Eri and Kojiro’s naivety.
Quiet, serious and having a lot of self-control, he rarely talks about him. He is the exact opposite of Kojiro. He is fifteen and is in the same grade as Eri and Kojiro.

KOJIRO KIMISAKI
Exuberant by nature, he seems to always be smiling. Because of that, he is very popular among girls.
He likes wearing flashing clothes and sometimes wears a piercing at his right ear.
However, his easy-going personality hides a tragic past. Smiling appears to be for him the only solution to attract happiness. He is sixteen and is in the same grade as Eri and Ryou.
??? :

New version coming soon...
(To keep the mystery, I'll only show him with his face hidden. The plot mainly revolves around him)

This very mysterious being owns a two-faced personality.
One which is playful, childish and almost innocent. His first distraction is observing humans without ever approaching them. He looks after his most precious possession with ferocity, even though his clumsiness and him being an airhead made him lost some of his gold coins many times.
But behind this child-like side, he hides a darker face. To retrieve what he would have lost, he will be ready to use any necessary means. Once one becomes his enemy, one must expect the worst misfortune and misery. His anger is destructive.
6 endings :

3 bad endings
2 good endings
1 normal ending

Two boys as love interest : Ryou - Kojiro

Two langages will be available : English - French

The main menu :
English French

GUI element: English French

----------

Progress :

Script : 100%
Characters : 75%
CG's : 0%
Backgrounds : 10%
Sounds : 100%
Translation in english : 100%

-----------

Old version link (French)
old version (english)

Old version Credits :
Music : neosounds.com + one song of Roganis
Characters and CG's : Meg'
Story : Meg'
Backgrounds : Pictures from the net + Meg's work
Programming : Meg'
Coloring : Meg'
Proofreading : ScottySeng, berry_madeleine
Opening Music : Roganis
Last edited by Meg' on Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:53 am, edited 92 times in total.

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

Re: Gold Coin - Pièce d'or

#2 Post by TsukiShima »

This is really good. I must admit that I envy your skills of art and don't worry, no one will be mad at you since you made this game 100% on your own. I can't play it while it is in french, but I can just trigger some things, as to my understand I don't completely need to understand what they are saying.

Keep up with the good work! You're almost there!

Meg'
Regular

#3 Post by Meg' »

HanaMori wrote:This is really good. I must admit that I envy your skills of art and don't worry, no one will be mad at you since you made this game 100% on your own. I can't play it while it is in french, but I can just trigger some things, as to my understand I don't completely need to understand what they are saying.

Keep up with the good work! You're almost there!
Thanks ! :D I'm happy to see that it interests at least one person !
Don't worry for the langage, I'll definitely translate it in english. But it's easier for me to translate when I already wrote what I wanted to say in french.

For the art, I'm not really good with lineart. There are many problems with my drawings when I put it on the computer. I prefer paper (yeah, I belong to the Middle-Ages fufufufu :lol: ) and the sensations with the drawings are really different with paper and tablet.

Veniae
Veteran

#4 Post by Veniae »

This looks intriguing and I love the main menu art, the girl's eyes are awesome. O.O

Good luck, I'm looking forward to more updates!

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#5 Post by Snow Blossom »

This has sparked my interest and IT NOW BURNS LIKE AN ALL-CONSUMING FIAAAH. *is bricked*
Looks good so far. I've always had a soft spot for mysteries and cute art, so you can be certain that I'll be watching this thread!! >w< b

Meg'
Regular

Re: Gold Coin - Pièce d'or [VN GxB]

#6 Post by Meg' »

Veniae wrote:This looks intriguing and I love the main menu art, the girl's eyes are awesome. O.O

Good luck, I'm looking forward to more updates!
I wanted to make the eyes of the heroine and the gold coin more apparent than the other elements on the main menu :D A part of the mystery lies in her eyes fufufu (I won't say anymore because I may spoil some of the plot... :lol: )

Thank you for your encouragements :wink:
Snow Blossom wrote:This has sparked my interest and IT NOW BURNS LIKE AN ALL-CONSUMING FIAAAH. *is bricked*
Looks good so far. I've always had a soft spot for mysteries and cute art, so you can be certain that I'll be watching this thread!! >w< b
It's no good for you to burn, you can melt ! 8)
I know, my joke wasn't funny xD Ohhhh Snow Blossom - Burn = To melt ?
*Cough cough*

Well I will now had one CG. It's one of the CG's of Ryou's path. I think that this character is my favorite, I don't know why though.

Here you go :

As you can see, the library was drawn by me. But I'm not really so proud about this. I'm thinking about seriously trying to draw backgrounds, but it will take some time. My backgrounds are either Comic-like or child-like u_u

How can I make it look more manga-like ? Well I'll try something and show you then. For now, I have to look for work xD Every day a little... The game comes after that (or not :lol: )

I quote myself to post again.
The script progress nicely. I'm inspired !
I'm almost done with Kojiro's path. The only path that's left after that is Ryou's.

I've also found someone to proofread once I'm done with the english translation. He already did some proof-reading, because I translated a large part of the script.
I think the translation will be the easiest thing to do once everything is done.

Concretely about the CG's :
- Ryou > I still have one to draw (he already has 3 or 4)
- Kojiro > He only has one for the time being. So still 3 to draw.
- The heroine > She has one alone, and others with the different characters.

I began looking for music to put in the game and found some really interesting.

Also here's a question :
About the backgrounds ==>
Do you prefer something like this :

1/

or like that

2/

I think you can see at first glance that I drew and colored the first one, the second one is a photo retouched with photoshop. To give you an idea with a character =>

I really don't like the one I made. But what do you think ? Is it better to use the one I made or the other one I made of a photo with photoshop ? :o

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#7 Post by Kokoro Hane »

This looks interesting! I will keep an eye out on this one.
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Meg'
Regular

#8 Post by Meg' »

Kokoro Hane wrote:This looks interesting! I will keep an eye out on this one.
Thank you !
I'm already done with Kojiro's path. The only path that's left is Ryou's.
I think I can say that the game will be finished before the end of this year :wink:
When I think I began it in september... It does take some time to make a game.

Meg'
Regular

Re: Gold Coin [VN GxB] [UPDATED November 26th, 2011] (WIP)

#9 Post by Meg' »

Sorry for the double post.

I will release a first demo soon. I think it will be this week or the next one, it all depends on how much time it will take me to translate what's left in the script.

Firstly, I need people to play the game and find if there are any errors. Also, any remarks will be welcomed.

Then, I need your opinion :

What do you think about an art bonus in the gallery ?

I mean, you'll see drawings who are not in the game and the drawings without the color. Do you think it's interesting or it's not useful ?
(I'll leave that part for the complete version, when I'll be totally done with the game)

Also I added an opening video. I can't put it in the game, because the video is too slow. So, I decided to post it elsewhere :D

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

#10 Post by Tag- »

Oooh, this project looks quite intriguing, and your art actually looks quite nice :D I'm glad you'll be translating the VN to English, I can't understand a lick of French xD''

I love seeing bonus things, especially if they're concept sketches or anything that didn't make it into the VN, so I say go for it :D

Wishing you luck on this project~
PM me if needed

Meg'
Regular

#11 Post by Meg' »

Tag- wrote:Oooh, this project looks quite intriguing, and your art actually looks quite nice :D I'm glad you'll be translating the VN to English, I can't understand a lick of French xD''

I love seeing bonus things, especially if they're concept sketches or anything that didn't make it into the VN, so I say go for it :D

Wishing you luck on this project~
I was also thinking adding something like chibi version of the characters. Maybe also drawings that I didn't keep for the VN because I didn't like them. You'll see it soon :)

Thanks for giving your opinion, it helps a lot !

French is a difficult langage to learn if it's not a native langage. But German for exemple is also a little complicated to learn. The advantage of the french langage is that we can easily find words in italian (I say it because I saw the title of your VN :p).

Meg'
Regular

Re: Gold Coin [VN GxB] [PROOFREADING - December, 10th]

#12 Post by Meg' »

After struggling with the gallery, especially with the bonus art, I decided to do a new background for the main menu.
I found that the first drawing for the menu was not so nice and that it could be improved. Moreover, I wasn't used to the tablet at the time and as I use it more often, I'm finally able to handle it better....

So, I'll let you see what the new main menu looks like :D

What do you think about it? Do you prefer it to the old one?

About the progression of the game, the translation in english is complete. It is currently being proofread by ScottySeng, so you can definitely wait a first release before the end of the year!

I'm talking about first release, because I think that I'll redo the backgrounds once everything's done.
Attachments
couverture 4.png

Weakjounin
Veteran

Re: Gold Coin [VN GxB] [PROOFREADING - December, 11th] UPDAT

#13 Post by Weakjounin »

I like the old menu more....
the pose the girl has invokes a stronger emotion in me than the second one.
but that's just me
also, have you released the game in french?
Cause I want to read some stuff in french to improve my french :P

Meg'
Regular

#14 Post by Meg' »

Weakjounin wrote:I like the old menu more....
the pose the girl has invokes a stronger emotion in me than the second one.
but that's just me
also, have you released the game in french?
Cause I want to read some stuff in french to improve my french :P
Now that you tell me that, I think you're right.
Maybe I can draw a third background, keeping the pose of the girl in the first background and improve the drawing?
I'll think about it, because it's true the first one expressed the feeling of the story better.

No, I haven't released the game in french. I want to release the english one at the same time :mrgreen:
Like that, no jealous :lol:

Weakjounin
Veteran

#15 Post by Weakjounin »

aw... then I'll wait and I shall play it in french because VO is always better in my opinion.
here's what I think of the menu:
I like the girl's pose in the first menu
I like the background in the second menu.
But that's just me :D
:O Oh boy I just realized I should study for my french exam tomorrow