Forgotten and Remembered [GxB][VN]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
silenteve
Veteran
Projects: Forgotten and Remembered, Scarecrow, I Will Be Waiting, Hidden in Spring, Juliette, L.O.S.E.R, The Sky Will Fall

Forgotten and Remembered [GxB][VN]

#1 Post by silenteve »

Forgotten and Remembered
(name not definite)

Plot: This is the story of two very different friends. There's Kohaku, the girl who seems to have forgotten something important that she needs to remember. Then there's Sachiko, who wants to forget everything horrible she remembers. Each girl will search for their own answers to their problems and come out saving, or being saved by their loved ones.

To begin with, you can choose from two different characters to play as:
(Character designs are subject to change.)

Image Image

Quick Bios:
Kohaku:
Bio: She used to live near Chougatsu High School, back in elementary school, but she moved away when she was younger. Now, she's returned after many years back to her old neighborhood. She remembers a promise that she made with a friend of hers when she was young but she can't remember his face or name. (This information is only relevant if you go after the correct boy.)

Sachiko:
Bio: She used to live near Chougatsu High School, but she moved away due to her father's job promotion. However, when she entered high school in the city, she encountered a lot of bullying from her classmates. To escape, she decides to move back on her own and enters Chougatsu High, ready to forget her past suffering.

Depending on which character, the choices, endings, and events are very different. Every choice you make will either bring you closer to a certain boy or farther away. There are a total of five love interests:
(Character designs are subject to change.)

Image Image Image Image Image

Quick Bios:
Kai:
Bio: He's the younger brother of Toya. He comes from an affluent family but does not live with them for reasons unknown. He's on bad terms with all the other love interests, and is not currently living in the dorms.

Eiji:
Bio: He's on the student council as Vice President. He's lived in a caring family and loving household. He feels a need to protect small things and cannot bare to leave someone who's sad alone. He's an older brother to six sisters.

Sanosuke:
Bio: He grew up as the only son of a prominent Dojo master. He's rather evasive about the details of his life. He likes the company of Eiji and Izumi, with Izumi being his cousin.

Izumi:
Bio: He grew up living with his grandmother. He's also rather weak in terms of physical dexterity. He prefers to be alone, with occasions allowing Sanosuke to be with him. He hates noise and is rather unaware of his surroundings.

Toya:
Bio: He's the elder brother of Kai. He's the heir to his family's company and is given a lot of pressure, which leads him to be very hard towards others. He doesn't get along with others well, but simply tolerates them.

If you were to head down Kohaku's route, you would get a more light-hearted storyline, with not much to do with her but more with the development of the boys' characters. If you chose Sachiko's route, you would have more angst, more drama, more obstacles to overturn due to her personality. The idea of two characters was supposed to a sort of foil for each other, so if you traveled through one route and didn't like it, you could have a very different choice in the other one.

The game is supposed to be choice based, and whatever you choose to say or do will affect the timeline, and give you different results as to which boy you would end up with.
In total, there should be around 20 endings, with each boy having their good and bad end for each girl.

I'm stuck on the programming. And also the design of the whole system. I'm working on fleshing out each character's image and personality. I need a decent background artist and music also.
This will not be a very short game, because of all the scenes and obstacles each heroine needs to cross. I'm currently doing all this on my own, but I'm open to creating a larger team after some trust has been established. A lot of things are open for change with exception to my basic story line and script.

Right now, all I'm doing is planning the story. Everything else will come later.
I'm considering voice acting for the game but that's getting a little ahead of myself.
:) Hopefully I'll keep at it.
This will be my first visual novel.
Update!
1/28/12
- Plot: 25%
- Script: 2%
- CG: 0%
- Sprites: 0%
- Backgrounds: 0%
- Music: 0%
- Coding: 5%

I'm currently focused on creating the script first. Everything else will eventually fall into place :)
Last edited by silenteve on Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Chushiki Maho
Regular
Projects: X-Tasy, Teacher Pets, Virus
Organization: Infinite Scribbles Productions

Re: Turn of the Seasons [GxB][VN]

#2 Post by Chushiki Maho »

This interests me! *flails her hand in the air*

I like the idea of having on angst side and one light hearted side. I don't ever think Ive heard of something like that. I like Eiji for some reason. XD

I personally like Sachiko's character design a lot. It's pretty. :3
X-Tasy - GXB (WIP)
~ My Fanfiction
Virus [NaNoRenO 2012]
French to English (or vice-versa) VN translator ~ PM me if interested :3

silenteve
Veteran
Projects: Forgotten and Remembered, Scarecrow, I Will Be Waiting, Hidden in Spring, Juliette, L.O.S.E.R, The Sky Will Fall

#3 Post by silenteve »

Chushiki Maho wrote:This interests me! *flails her hand in the air*

I like the idea of having on angst side and one light hearted side. I don't ever think Ive heard of something like that. I like Eiji for some reason. XD

I personally like Sachiko's character design a lot. It's pretty. :3
Yay! I'm not just talking to myself!
I like Eiji too. -_- But I feel bad because he's the only "happy boy" character in the game. I guess that's a reflection of my own tastes. (Darn me and my unhealthy love for depressing boys T-T)

I like Sachiko's design too :) I went through many stages with that. Since she was a sort of sad character, I had trouble expressing her character (I'm used to drawing spunky girls :p) Her hair was curly first, then super short. Then I added glasses but they looked wierd (I don't know how to draw glasses very well.) Then I decided to balance out her design with Kohaku's so that it would have a bit of an opposite effect, you know, short hair, long hair, happy face, sad face. :p

NatsukiDeath
Veteran
Completed: Life's....Complex
Projects: "Another Way VN" , "Phantom of the Opera VN" , "LoveChub?!"

#4 Post by NatsukiDeath »

This quite the Game you're coming up with! Having the two girls foil one another. love the Idea!

Interesting !!!!!!!! C:

Good Luck to you and your VN!

Princess Akina
Regular

#5 Post by Princess Akina »

Oh my gawd. Two characters to choose from, with different personalities?!
Totally watching this game 8D
Probably going for Kai first because he is rebellious. 8D I like rebels.
And I also have an unhealthy love for depressing boys. Especially the mysterious sarcastic jerks. I think depressing guys have a better story to their character than happy-go-lucky guys (unless of course, they have a dark twisted side >8D ) because, let's face it, realistically, guys aren't usually like that (well, over in my tiny city anyways :C).

MORE OFF-TOPICNESS: To be honest, I prefer heaps of guys. Heck, I don't even know WHAT type of guys I don't like. The best combinations I guess would be the mysterious, sarcastic jerk, the really happy guys with an evil side (demons in disguise?), the energetic flirty players (their dialogues are HILARIOUS!), the rebels/delinquents (they usually look so cool C: ) and the really nice guys who are good at cooking (like a mum, haha).

BACK ON TOPIC: I like Sachiko's design the best as well. Actually, her personality is a lot like mine as well, so I would probably go through all the guys routes with her first. I like main characters with a personality like hers because they develop a lot. To be honest, the usual protagonist with Kohaku's personality doesn't really develop that much (well, from what I can see). I usually see those types of protagonists encourage the guys to move forward, be happy, try their best, etc. I'm not saying that it is unenjoyable. In fact, I find these protagonists pretty fun to play with. It's just that it sometimes annoys me how much they do it and it just seems very unrealistic to me. Also, I feel it is very cliched.
But this is the world of make-believe. You can do anything with the characters. I'm not telling you to change them or anything, but maybe in the dialogue or something make Kohaku more...realistic-sounding? You ever watched all those shoujo-type anime (Fruits basket, Vampire Knight are some I can think of) with the female main character just egging the guys on with so much drama it doesn't seem real? Like those (but I guess it is a typical thing of the shoujo genre -_-)
Anyway, I love those stories with the girl (or guy) making promises with a guy when they are young. I just adore them ^^ They are so cute!

Oh yeah, I have a question - do you have any idea how long this game will go on for? Like say, a year?

Anyway, I wish you good luck to you and your VN! And I'm sorry if my comment offended you or anything ^^;
Don't get me wrong. It is a very interesting game.
And Ohmygawd, it is Japanese themed!! I LOVE JAPANESE THEMED GAMES! >8D
My DA Account: http://xprincess-akina.deviantart.com It is very, very outdated and on hiatus, so don't expect much from there.
My Blog: http://xsakurahime.wordpress.com Somewhat on hiatus, because I'm super busy at the moment.

silenteve
Veteran

#6 Post by silenteve »

Princess Akina wrote:Oh my gawd. Two characters to choose from, with different personalities?!
Totally watching this game 8D
Probably going for Kai first because he is rebellious. 8D I like rebels.
And I also have an unhealthy love for depressing boys. Especially the mysterious sarcastic jerks. I think depressing guys have a better story to their character than happy-go-lucky guys (unless of course, they have a dark twisted side >8D ) because, let's face it, realistically, guys aren't usually like that (well, over in my tiny city anyways :C).
ANGSTY BOY LOVERS UNITE! :D It's so easy for me to come up with Kai's route because he's such a little meanie pants. -_-
Princess Akina wrote:MORE OFF-TOPICNESS: To be honest, I prefer heaps of guys. Heck, I don't even know WHAT type of guys I don't like. The best combinations I guess would be the mysterious, sarcastic jerk, the really happy guys with an evil side (demons in disguise?), the energetic flirty players (their dialogues are HILARIOUS!), the rebels/delinquents (they usually look so cool C: ) and the really nice guys who are good at cooking (like a mum, haha).
Well, well there's the mysterious, nice guy (Sanosuke). There aren't really any energetic guys T-T I had an idea for one but I just couldn't get into it. However, the game's not finished yet so who knows? I might add him back in. Sarcastic is covered by Toya. (I make him do awful things :3 It's so much fun!)
Princess Akina wrote:BACK ON TOPIC: I like Sachiko's design the best as well. Actually, her personality is a lot like mine as well, so I would probably go through all the guys routes with her first. I like main characters with a personality like hers because they develop a lot. To be honest, the usual protagonist with Kohaku's personality doesn't really develop that much (well, from what I can see). I usually see those types of protagonists encourage the guys to move forward, be happy, try their best, etc. I'm not saying that it is unenjoyable. In fact, I find these protagonists pretty fun to play with. It's just that it sometimes annoys me how much they do it and it just seems very unrealistic to me. Also, I feel it is very cliched.
But this is the world of make-believe. You can do anything with the characters. I'm not telling you to change them or anything, but maybe in the dialogue or something make Kohaku more...realistic-sounding? You ever watched all those shoujo-type anime (Fruits basket, Vampire Knight are some I can think of) with the female main character just egging the guys on with so much drama it doesn't seem real? Like those (but I guess it is a typical thing of the shoujo genre -_-)
Anyway, I love those stories with the girl (or guy) making promises with a guy when they are young. I just adore them ^^ They are so cute!
Everyone loves Sachi T-T but oh well, her design is pretty. Kohaku's design was supposed to be more tomboyish but I screwed it up. I'm not gonna make her one of those people who encourage these guys (at least not directly.) She's just supposed to push them in the right directioin a bit. Besides, she supposed to be a light-hearted character so her storyline is supposed to be more fun to play through, with Sachi's being more of an emotional development for her.
Princess Akina wrote:Oh yeah, I have a question - do you have any idea how long this game will go on for? Like say, a year?
Oh the dreaded question! I have no idea. I have the endings planned out but I don't know how long it should take for my ladies to win their man. I'm thinking that it should be between one month to six, but it's debatable. It depends on how many events I want to put it and how much content I want to be in there.
Haha, I shouldn't even be talking about this. It might take me more than a year to even make this game,,, T-T
Princess Akina wrote:Anyway, I wish you good luck to you and your VN! And I'm sorry if my comment offended you or anything ^^;
Don't get me wrong. It is a very interesting game.
And Ohmygawd, it is Japanese themed!! I LOVE JAPANESE THEMED GAMES! >8D
No offense taken. I'm just glad people have opinions :DDDDDD
Please stick around and wait patiently for the release! ^^ <3
My DeviantArt / Le Tumblr Development Blog
Current Projects:Forgotten and Remembered & Scarecrow
(Failed)NaNoReNo Project: Working on Hidden in Spring w/five lovely team members :D

silenteve
Veteran

#7 Post by silenteve »

NatsukiDeath wrote:This quite the Game you're coming up with! Having the two girls foil one another. love the Idea!

Interesting !!!!!!!! C:

Good Luck to you and your VN!
Thank you! I'm happy that people take an interest!
(Failed)NaNoReNo Project: Working on Hidden in Spring w/five lovely team members :D

Beveque
Projects: Sparrow ~Beautiful Fate~
Organization: Songbird Media

Re: Forgotten and Remembered [GxB][VN]

#8 Post by Beveque »

This sounds so interesting! I absolutely love the concept. Stalking this now. :D

As for me, I'll probably be going for Eiji first because I like bright eyed men. xD I don't know why.

Good luck! I already want to play it.
work in progress ,,
Sparrow ~Beautiful Fate~ [GxB, Otome]
------------
Songbird Media Blog

ShadowBerry
Veteran
Projects: Yakuza Blossom

#9 Post by ShadowBerry »

You just make my dream come true!!!

I am also working on a story where you have to choose between 2 MCs and also get different events, endings depending which guy you pursue with which girl.

Amazing, im gonna stalk this game! ;)
Own project:

silenteve
Veteran

#10 Post by silenteve »

Mwahaha! Thank you!

But...I feel bad now. Cuz I was going to change Eiji's character design :p
I also changed Sanosuke, Toya's, and Kohaku's. :| I'll just post them up later and find out about the reactions.

ShadowBerry
Veteran

#11 Post by ShadowBerry »

You changed them? Hmmm I am curious about how you changed them.
Gonna check on later.
Own project:

silenteve
Veteran

#12 Post by silenteve »

Okay, they're up :p I fixed some of the drawings because the style was too inconsistent
(But then I look at Sano and it's like, why did I bother?)
I made their look match their personalities a bit more, with Kohaku's hair being a bit more wild, Toya's hair a bit less neat, Sanosuke to look (kinda) like a samurai, and Eiji's to look more consistent with the rest of them :(

My computer was hacked (I think -_-) today, and I almost lost all my progress >< thankfully, nothing too bad happened and I've still got it. I'm trying to fix the codes to be a lot cleaner and easier to take care of.

ShadowBerry
Veteran

#13 Post by ShadowBerry »

I already love Kohaku and Sano together, like the cutest couple ever!! *____*
their characters seem more clear now.
Own project:

silenteve
Veteran

#14 Post by silenteve »

ShadowBerry wrote:I already love Kohaku and Sano together, like the cutest couple ever!! *____*
their characters seem more clear now.
Good, that's what I was aiming for :D
The storyline between Kohaku and Sano is rather interesting (if I do say so myself) so look forward to it!
I won't spoil anything! (Though I'm very, very tempted to :p)

ShadowBerry
Veteran

#15 Post by ShadowBerry »

o__________________________________O
for real?!
god im so excited!!! >.<

gimme a tip *___*
Own project: