dUpLicity ~Beyond the Lies~ (GxB, Mystery, Commercial)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Chu-3
Veteran
Completed: CAFE 0~The Drowned Mermaid~,duplicity~Beyond the Lies~, East Tower Series,How to Take Off Your Mask,CAFE 0 ~The Sleeping Beast~, How to Fool a Liar King
Projects: How to Fool a Liar King
Organization: roseVeRte
Tumblr: roseverte
itch: roseverte

dUpLicity ~Beyond the Lies~ (GxB, Mystery, Commercial)

#1 Post by Chu-3 »

Okay I know it's been so long since I announced this project for the first time.
This game, has experienced so many issues. From issues with the first translator, then issues with the translation script itself (some are missing because our staff's computer was broken), and lastly the OP movie's raw data was missing because staff's computer is virused and all data deleted when she brought it to reparation. I'm very sorry for all of these.
Anyway, the game itself is now pretty done and we just need a little bit more step to finish it. Probably will finished next month (March 2012), and price is around 20 USD. The Japanese version itself already released last year, July 1st, 2011.

Official site: Here

Story
Yukina Kudou is a third-year high school student with a secret.
Behind her daily sickly school girl act, she has important job to do.
One day, she receives a warning that she's doing her job terribly,
and if there is no improvement upon her graduation, she will be fired.
She has only six months.

What is this secret position she holds? What is its true goal?

Characters
♥Main Character
Yukina Kudou (Name is unchangeable)

As determined by her job, Yukina pretends to be a weak, sickly school girl to keep her identity hidden.
By day, she's a pretty, soft girl with a boyfriend named Youji who spends her days like most schoolgirls, but by night, she has a deadline looming over her head. No one knows what will happen to her if she fails to meet the requirements of her secret occupation.

♥Capturable Character
Youji Kataoka

Yukina's boyfriend.
He lost all of his memories due to an accident just before entering the school.
He appears to be Yukina's sweet boyfriend, but what is he really...?

♥Capturable Character
Kouichi Serizawa

The school principal, and a highly acclaimed scientist.
He hired Yukina for this secret job.
Why? What is it? It's still a mystery.
He's a relatively quiet gentleman, but never seems to mind ordering Yukina around.

♥Capturable Character
???

A mysterious boy whose name is unknown.
He knows all about Yukina, Youji and Kouichi, and speaks in riddles.
He's a bit of a tease and likes ribbing Yukina. His true purpose is still unknown

Screenshots
ImageImage

Genre: Simulation for the General Part and General Visual Novel for the Character Route.

More info will be added later.
Last edited by Chu-3 on Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

Re: dUpLicity ~Beyond the Lies~ (GxB, Mystery, Commercial)

#2 Post by Anna »

It's very cool you have an actual opening movie :D! Good luck with completing this

As for the game itself - what kind of game is it? Is it a dating sim or something else? Perhaps you could add that to the info :).

Chu-3
Veteran
Completed: CAFE 0~The Drowned Mermaid~,duplicity~Beyond the Lies~, East Tower Series,How to Take Off Your Mask,CAFE 0 ~The Sleeping Beast~, How to Fool a Liar King
Projects: How to Fool a Liar King
Organization: roseVeRte
Tumblr: roseverte
itch: roseverte

Re: dUpLicity ~Beyond the Lies~ (GxB, Mystery, Commercial)

#3 Post by Chu-3 »

You can see the details at system tab on the official site. (since it's too long to describe)
The game is separated into 2 parts, general and character/main route.
The general part is simulation, which you can choose what you'll do in a day, and in character/main route, the story will go on like normal VN with simple choice. Btw the demo is ready actually and I need a help to test the game.(PM me please!)

I need a decent tester btw, in meaning you need to play more than 1 time to make sure there's no other errors. (but please don't ask me to change the story or a strict critiques since what I need to do now is finishing the game.)

Ah forget to say but, this is not a dating sim (in meaning you need to approach the guy and go date with him). It's more like a otome mystery with romance which is focusing more on the story.