Project Scribble, BxG [fantasy][school life]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
desulishor
Regular
Completed: Project Dualis, Of Valkyries and Life
Projects: Project Scribble [on hiatus] Project Aivisu (WIP) Seven Seasons (WIP)

Project Scribble, BxG [fantasy][school life]

#1 Post by desulishor »

Project Scribble is BxG a.k.a. gal-game currently in development. It's non-profit and will be released when it's ready. At the moment, we're in the middle of writing and gathering art, but we're still recruiting for all positions, so anyone interested should contact me. A background artist is something we'd need urgently.
Dev blog is up: http://desulishorwrites.blogspot.com/

Synopsis: Our protagonist Dan is a shockingly average high school student living in the fictional town of Lein, set somewhere in Europe. But one day he starts getting pulled into all sorts of weird scenarios in broad daylight. He's drawn into a fantasy, a horror scene, A secret agent's story, and a sci-fi adventure... Just what is behind all that?

Game info: Will feature light H but with a focus on story and character development. 4 girls with their individual arcs. Not the actual sprites yes, but these are the concept sketches from our sprite artist.
Joy(17)
Joy's a bit of a dreamer and she loves writing stories and scenarios. She appears quiet at first but actually she's just too shy to say what's on her mind. Recently she has also gained her own spaceship...

Lily(18)
Lily is Joy's big sister, loud and outspoken, she's the kind of a girl who gets along with just about everyone. She takes great care of her little sister and finally, she's a third year student and the captain of the local girl's softball club.
As of late, she's been battling spider monsters in a dream-like fantasy world...(think Dragoons from old final fantasy games)

Juliet(17)
Classmate of the protagonist, and the self-proclaimed princess of the school. She seems a bit solitary at times, but shows a playful attitude for those around her. (In other words, a tsundere!)
When things go off the track, Juliet can't help, but to get pulled into supernatural horror scenarios...

Amy(17)
Another classmate of the protagonist, Amy's loud ,energetic and takes a liking towards all things sweet and cute. At first sight, she might look like the generic girl A, but I don't think that's all there is to her...
Actually protected by an 'organisation', and the protagonist somehow ends up getting hired as her bodyguard...
----------
Current Staff:
Art:http://xxlei-chanxx.deviantart.com/
writing, coding, management and other menial tasks... http://desulishor.deviantart.com/
Sprite art: http://fatedpromise.blogspot.com/
Writing: GratuitousMoonspeak

Statistics:

The game contains 1,155 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 24,242 words,
for an average of 21.0 words per screen.
The game contains 10 menus.
Last edited by desulishor on Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:11 am, edited 7 times in total.

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

Re: Project Scribble, BxG

#2 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

I'm interested! I can't wait to see those bios and info! Good luck, we need more BxG games here! Got to represent! :lol:
(begins to stalk thread)
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

silenteve
Veteran
Projects: Forgotten and Remembered, Scarecrow, I Will Be Waiting, Hidden in Spring, Juliette, L.O.S.E.R, The Sky Will Fall

Re: Project Scribble, BxG

#3 Post by silenteve »

Wow, sounds interesting! I can't wait to play it.
I "may" be interested in writing for you guys, but I'm not sure if you guys would want such a noob like me writing.
My DeviantArt / Le Tumblr Development Blog
Current Projects:Forgotten and Remembered & Scarecrow
(Failed)NaNoReNo Project: Working on Hidden in Spring w/five lovely team members :D

desulishor
Regular

Re: Project Scribble, BxG [fantasy][school life] updated on

#4 Post by desulishor »

For one reason or other, things have been a bit quiet and slow lately. But let's not mind that, at least I can report that we're still alive, and I've also managed to recruit a 2nd writer to the team.

It's GratuitousMoonspeak, so say something to our fans, Moonspeak-san? (Wait, did we even have fans? oh well, never mind. Things like that aren't really important anyway.)

GratuitousMoonspeak
Regular
Projects: Project Scribble (script-writer)

Re: Project Scribble, BxG [fantasy][school life]

#5 Post by GratuitousMoonspeak »

(I am so behind the times :-( )

Hello, people who stumble upon this thread! I am GratuitousMoonspeak, currently writing Lily's route. I've been kind of busy with school work but fear not, I have managed to set aside some time to actually get some writing done.

Anyway, I hope people are actually interested in this, because it's a fairly interesting premise (IMO). I hope when it's finally done, people will like it :-3

kaleidofish
Veteran
Completed: Tell Her a Story (Nano12), In This Dream of Ours, The Mishka Effect (Nano14), Saving Zoey (Asylum Jam 2014), Fairly Dangerous (Nano15), Palette Swap (Nano16)
Projects: see my site!
Organization: Kaleidofish Studios, Team ANARKY
Tumblr: kaleidofish
Deviantart: kaleidofish

#6 Post by kaleidofish »

Sounds interesting. World-in-world games are fun. How exactly will the game split off into the arcs? I guess the girl you'll be drawn into the fantasy "world" of the girl that you're pursuing, but, once Dan's drawn into it, does he ever go back to the real world, or is he stuck in the fantasy world until end game? Will there be a point in the game where all of the girls' "worlds" collide?
Redwood Crossing * THE MISHKA EFFECT [NaNo14] * PALETTE SWAP [NaNo16] * FAIRLY DANGEROUS [NaNo15] * Twitter

Visit kaleidofishstudios.com to learn more about what I'm working on.

desulishor
Regular

#7 Post by desulishor »

Answering that question is a bit of plot spoiler, so read on with your own risk.
]There's a prologue sequence which introduces all four fantasies, and the player's choises decide which fantasy he's drawn into. However, the fantasy is NOT a separated world, but rather an alternate layer of reality, which could potentially overwrite the real world, if left alone. Thus, the plotlines are all about normalizing the reality.
Last edited by desulishor on Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#8 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Hm... if you want, you can use spoiler tags to keep those who would rather not see safe.

Anyway, the artwork is nice... as expected of Maltagliati. ^^ The characters seem really interesting.
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.

desulishor
Regular

#9 Post by desulishor »

I have returned and this time we're doing some shameless promotion work!
If Project Scribble was your average harem anime, this is how the mandatory fanservice episode would probably turn out. Each of the girls handles the situation in their own way, and on the sidelines, poor Dan is brooding, saying something along the lines of 'Oi oi, I'm supposed to be the main character here...'

This one here come courtesy of our second artist, http://xxlei-chanxx.deviantart.com/ She will be responsible for a lot of the actual game art too.

As for other stuff, One character arc is more or less finished, and work has begun with two others. If all goes well, Maybe I could aim for a release before summer...