Echo:Legend of the Centennial Bells Ep1.Promise[BL][Demo]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Hayzel
Veteran
Projects: Echo: Legend of the Centennial Bells, The Making of a Visual Novel, MLPFIM: The Flower Blooming Festival

Echo:Legend of the Centennial Bells Ep1.Promise[BL][Demo]

#1 Post by Hayzel »

Echo: Legend of the Centennial Bells

Keith Summers is your average nineteen year old guy attending Southern Bell Academy, a private vocational school for boys. There he is studying to become a great chef so that one day he can open a bakery and sell cakes, his childhood dream. Now in his second year, certain events have lead him to fall in love with one of his friends or even someone unexpected. Unknown to him, every time he resolves his feelings with another his world resets anew, so he is forever without lasting love. What has he done to suffer such a fate?

Episode 1: Promise

Ready for a new year of school Keith's all geared up and ready to go, that is until he finds out that his spending money for the first half of the semester won't be available. Wanting to show his responsibility he gets a job through Derek, a friend from school who mostly keeps to himself. With the two suddenly spending time together, can Keith get his friend to open up to him? And if he does, what secrets will come out?

Team:
Writer: Hayzel
GUI: Hijri
Music: Konna
Art:
Editors:Giovanni

Progress:
The game contains 953 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 22,261 words,
for an average of 23.4 words per screen.

Background: 100%
Sprites: 0.5%
Re-Edit: 7/7
CG: 0%

Characters:
Due to me losing yet another artist, pictures should be treated as concepts and will be replaced with true sprites as they comes in. (Art shown done by Cinnerous)

Keith Summers
"Just another fresh start y'know"
At nineteen, Keith is your average down to earth guy. He tends to be outgoing, stubborn and energetic, often having trouble focusing. Despite his stubbornness he has a hard time saying no to his friends or other's that need help. He also has cannot stand to see people treat other's badly.

Sky Alder
"I sort of envy him... I wish I could be that free."
Sky was assigned as Keith's upperclassman during orientation for his first year at campus. Since then the two have become best friends. Though twenty, he is still easily manipulated by his father and when on campus where others might be watching he acts calm and serious. He studies in his father's economics department. In private he doesn't mind cutting loose a little.

Ray Hart
"Yup. I know you so well I can manipulate your hero complex."
When Keith turned eleven, Ray moved into the house next door and the two became fast friends. Together, they were inseparable until Keith went off to Southland Academy a year ago. Now that he's eighteen, he has come to be with his childhood friend and study Culinary Arts so that he may one day be abel to cater for Keith's cakes. He's somewhat shy at first glance but has somewhat of a strong will.

John Smith
"Hmph. "
A student Keith's age with the (poor) alias of John Smith. It is rumored he belongs to royalty, the son of a foreign diplomat or in witness protection...though because of his attitude no one gets close enough to him to find out.

Kazuma Honda
"It is a great privilege to share history and customs and experiences with different people from around the world."
An exchange student of twenty that studies abroad for his history degree. He is studios and always eager to learn something new about the customs of the region is in. Kazauma also enjoys going out to public events and hangouts to see how they differ from his home country.

Fredrick Perry
"Heh. You’ve got some nerve brat to talk to a teacher like that. You should speak to grown men with proper respect.."
A stern man of twenty-eight that doubles as a professor of Anatomy and of English. He does not like to see his students fail and strives to help them succeed on through their own means. He's also a stickler for proper grammar.

Derek Bright
"I will do my best."
Having been orphaned at the age of sixteen, he worked hard to earn a scholarship to Southland Academy. Now nineteen and wanting to fulfill the promise of graduating from college that he made to his parents, he lives from pay check to pay check to support himself. Around people he is outgoing and cheerful, but alone he is quite introverted.

Comments and Stuff
This is the revamped post for what used to be "Lost Dreams". Re-edited to go along with the forum changes (So much change in just a couple of months) . Anyway, I'd love comments or questions and if enough people are interested I'll post up to the end of the first day as a demo with the original art work for people to check out and comment on.

Series Progression:
Episode 1: Promise
Episode 2: Bonds
Episode 3: ???
Episode 4: ???
Episode 5: ???
Episode 6: ???
Episode 7: ???
Episode 8: ???
Episode 9: ???
Episode 10: ???
Episode 11: ???
Episode 12: ???
Episode 13: ???

VVV Very Raw Demo VVVV
Attachments
Echo-D1.0-mac.zip
Very Raw Demo
(32.37 MiB) Downloaded 79 times
Echo-D1.0-win32.zip
Very Raw Demo
(29.33 MiB) Downloaded 161 times
Last edited by Hayzel on Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:13 am, edited 8 times in total.

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

Re: Echo:Legend of the Centennial Bells Ep1.Promise[BL][Rom/

#2 Post by Obscura »

How did I miss this? How is this project coming along? I'd love to see a demo!!!
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

Joey
Regular
Projects: Water's Edge
Organization: Etoranze

#3 Post by Joey »

A demo would be great! I've been silently stalking this project for a while ^^;; Happy to see the revamps and sorry that you lost an artist D:
Image (devblog) || devtwitter | devtumblr

Hayzel
Veteran
Projects: Echo: Legend of the Centennial Bells, The Making of a Visual Novel, MLPFIM: The Flower Blooming Festival

#4 Post by Hayzel »

-sweat drops- Okay, but the demo will be an extremely extremely raw version. Just the first two days with backgrounds and music ;w; I'll go make it now

Hayzel
Veteran

#5 Post by Hayzel »

Posted very raw demo ;w; Be merciful

Egressus
Veteran
Projects: Things Not Seen

Re: Echo:Legend of the Centennial Bells Ep1.Promise[BL][Demo

#6 Post by Egressus »

Whaat? You mean even if I pursue a guy, I'll still be forever alone? Wow, that should be saying something about my life. I hope it doesn't. (Then again, I don't do a lot of pursuing anyway.)

Opened for BL stayed for the interesting thread. Sorry to hear that you lost artists, though-- I'm a loner so I don't have such problems, luckily. Still, I'd love to see this come into fruition.

Speaking of which, with all these episodes-- do you intend to release them as one game or separate? Since you went rather specific, with the ep. 1 thing.

@ John Smith's "son of foreign diplomat". Children of diplomats are treated differently by the students? I didn't know that. I certainly feel normal, especially if no one talks to me. People don't get to know where you've been if they don't talk to you, y'know.
Just saying.
xd;;
Hiatus of hiatuses

Hayzel
Veteran

#7 Post by Hayzel »

Egressus wrote:Whaat? You mean even if I pursue a guy, I'll still be forever alone? Wow, that should be saying something about my life. I hope it doesn't. (Then again, I don't do a lot of pursuing anyway.)

Opened for BL stayed for the interesting thread. Sorry to hear that you lost artists, though-- I'm a loner so I don't have such problems, luckily. Still, I'd love to see this come into fruition.

Speaking of which, with all these episodes-- do you intend to release them as one game or separate? Since you went rather specific, with the ep. 1 thing.

@ John Smith's "son of foreign diplomat". Children of diplomats are treated differently by the students? I didn't know that. I certainly feel normal, especially if no one talks to me. People don't get to know where you've been if they don't talk to you, y'know.
Just saying.
xd;;
I'm glad to see such interest ;w; <3
One separate game each, then at the end I'm going to compile them all into one game and add bonuses to it.
For John, no one really knows what he really is, other than his name is bogus(it's not just the fact that it's John Smith, it's the fact that he also has trouble remembering to respond to it.) and he's a snob.

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Obscura »

Is there a mac version? :wink:
website

Hayzel
Veteran

#9 Post by Hayzel »

Obscura wrote:Is there a mac version? :wink:
I'll upload it now :3

Edit: There ya go :3~

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Obscura »

Sweet, thank you. :lol:
website

Hayzel
Veteran

#11 Post by Hayzel »

Obscura wrote:Sweet, thank you. :lol:
Be merciful ;w;

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran

#12 Post by Obscura »

Hehe, it will take me a while to get to your demo (gotta go to my job and finish up some sprite stuff this week.)

Don't worry...just the fact you're making a B/B game is reason enough to praise it!!!
website

Hayzel
Veteran

#13 Post by Hayzel »

Obscura wrote:Hehe, it will take me a while to get to your demo (gotta go to my job and finish up some sprite stuff this week.)

Don't worry...just the fact you're making a B/B game is reason enough to praise it!!!
Yes, our BxB kind must stick together.

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran

#14 Post by Obscura »

Hayzel wrote:
Obscura wrote:Hehe, it will take me a while to get to your demo (gotta go to my job and finish up some sprite stuff this week.)

The few...the proud...
website

Hayzel
Veteran

#15 Post by Hayzel »

Obscura wrote:
Hayzel wrote:

The few...the proud...
I should make a yaoi skype gorup -w- Be good for exchange of ideas.