Love at the Laundromat [GxB][Romance, Comedy, Drama] DEMO UP

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

Re: Love at the Laundromat [GxB][Romance, Comedy, Drama]

#421 Post by jack_norton »

Really good job, I love the animations. You should make an animation of making a pizza :wink:
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

Kyra10
Regular
Projects: My Heart's Flame
Organization: Amaraluna: Otome Game Productions

#422 Post by Kyra10 »

That art...
Those animations...
I am absolutely captivated <3
Keep up the good work :D

pickle131
Veteran
Tumblr: pickle131

#423 Post by pickle131 »

I've been stalking this every once and a while, it's looking so nice *_*
Sayuri [ freelance actress / singer / fangirl & stuff]

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Culina: Hands in the Kitchen, Culina: The Spirit of Cooking, Saving Zoey
Projects: Love at the Laundromat
Organization: Lakeview Interactive
Deviantart: netravelr

#424 Post by netravelr »

Hey everyone,

John here, and things are going quite well so far with Love at the Laundromat. In fact, we will soon have a demo of the game available in the next day or two that you can play in exchange for your feedback. That being said, after we release the demo we will probably halt development on LatL for a time, because we need to make some money to eat. :-P Do note that the game is not complete in terms of content, and the final version will have plenty of CGs. This is more a functional demo and to give an idea in terms of story and gameplay.

That being said, keep on the boards and expect a new link within the next 12-48 hours (sleepy time now). Really excited to share the game with you guys, I really hope that you like it!

Cheers!
Technical Designer/Programmer
Game Design Portfolio - Project updates on my Twitter
Experienced in: C/C++/C#, Python, Unreal, Unity, and Flash

chronicle-visuals
Regular

#425 Post by chronicle-visuals »

First off, after reading each of the 29 pages and gushing over the progress it's made, I need to say I'm officially hooked.

From the stat-raising, the items that give you extra scenes (something I adored in Re:Alistair) and actions, the achievements that give you fun extras, all the way to the absolutely beautiful GUI and characters, this is quite possibly the game I'm anticipating the most this year. Even as an indie, I don't think there is a single game that could come out that I'd want more than I do this. The absolute dedication you've put into this from day one is enough to make me want to support it, even if I didn't want this game with all my heart. As someone who is making a Ren'Py game myself, I am pleased to say that you've inspired me highly. And because of you, I know that even if this is my first game, it is still possible to make something amazing. And for that, senpai, I'd like to say thank you. Thank you for inspiring me to feel more confident in completing my first game.

To end this post, I would be honored if I could ever playtest, proofread, edit, help write and the like to help this project move along smoothly. I'm aware you've gotten this type of thing many times before, but I imagined it'd be worth stating that I look up to you highly, and that I want to support and help you because-- even if it was indirect-- you helped me more than I can explain. Thank you. :oops:

Kuroki~chan

#426 Post by Kuroki~chan »

the art looks great!! looking forward to it!!!
Do your best!!! =D

Aurélie
Regular
Organization: Lyonesse

#427 Post by Aurélie »

I'm honestly checking the forums every day for the demo, I can't wait!

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Culina: Hands in the Kitchen, Culina: The Spirit of Cooking, Saving Zoey

#428 Post by netravelr »

Still working away trying to get all of the details ready for the release and the website done (ehcs is very busy right now) so to tide you over until I hear back, here is a trailer I've put together of the demo. Hope you guys like it!

EchoLove
Regular

#429 Post by EchoLove »

This looks AMAZING! Im thrilled for the release

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran

#430 Post by netravelr »

Allrighty everyone! Wanted to take a few days to get stuff polished up, but I think we're just gonna ship out what we currently have. Note that this is a work in progress and we are wanting feedback to make the game better for the final version. That being said, hopefully you all enjoy it! (Warning: It's about 70MB.)

Windows: http://bit.ly/1ewNYaj
Mac: http://bit.ly/16mxTe9
Linux: http://bit.ly/15dXw1q
Last edited by netravelr on Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aurélie
Regular
Organization: Lyonesse

#431 Post by Aurélie »

I can't tell if this is just the unmarked end of the demo or if I've messed up somehow, but I'm stuck on Day 7? Lynette said she wanted to go to the mall, so I went to the cinema and talked to Joan, then I watched a movie. Now I can't talk to Joan again (it's greyed out) and I can't watch a movie again (can't afford it). I tried going to the Hobby Shop but I've already bought something from there so I don't have money to try again. The mall is the only selectable location on the map right now. I think it's noon in game time.

chronicle-visuals
Regular

#432 Post by chronicle-visuals »

I can't tell if this is just the unmarked end of the demo or if I've messed up somehow, but I'm stuck on Day 7? Lynette said she wanted to go to the mall, so I went to the cinema and talked to Joan, then I watched a movie. Now I can't talk to Joan again (it's greyed out) and I can't watch a movie again (can't afford it). I tried going to the Hobby Shop but I've already bought something from there so I don't have money to try again. The mall is the only selectable location on the map right now. I think it's noon in game time.
...?
I was sent to the menu abruptly before that. I thought the demo was over. Apparently it wasn't.
I'll try and get to that scene and report back to you, Aurelie. I keep getting sent to the menu at the end of Day 3. I can't tell if this is the end of the demo and it doesn't tell me, or it's a glitch.

EDIT: Regarding my glitch, if I'm outside after the 'evening', I'm sent to the menu. Odd.
EDIT 2: Where's Joan? I've gone to the Cinema, Art Class, and now I'm broke and can't do anything else.
EDIT 3: Ahaha! I got past the glitch! Here's how:
1. Save up as much money as you can, working part time the two days before Sunday (Or, the 7th day of Spring.)
2. Spend all of your money doing nothing but watching movies. Disappointing, but if you spend 20$ on the Art Class or 50$ in the hobby store, you won't have any money to spend on anything else and you'll be trapped.

ANOTHER GLITCH: ...however, on Day 8, I can still only go to the mall. What...? And whenever I play the romance game on Day 8, it says "I gained X$ working." as if I was actually working. I'm then stumped, because there is "nothing good on" so I can't watch a movie until I sleep. I also can't go anywhere else.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN, LYNN? THE MALL IS ALL YOU NEED.
-- Salutations,
Chronicle Visuals.

ehcs
Regular
Organization: Moustachio Studios

#433 Post by ehcs »

The mall error on day 7 is my fault, sorry!
I forgot to disable the trigger of Sol's scenes properly - day 7 was when one of Sol's scenes was supposed to play but the scene itself isn't there. >_<

Thanks for listing down the errors - will reupload the fixed demo once netravelr gets on. :')

VenusEclipse
Veteran
Completed: Princess of Ruin, Frozen Essence, Heartstring Bugs
Organization: Unbroken Hours
Tumblr: unbrokenhours
Deviantart: venus-eclipse

#434 Post by VenusEclipse »

Hey guys. The demo looks slick.
The white text (Start, Load, Settings, Quit) can stand out more from the gray background they're on.

netravelr
Miko-Class Veteran

#435 Post by netravelr »

Hello friends!

I've taken some time to fix some of the bugs that were occurring previously and take into ehcs' changes. Hopefully this will help with things. Pick it up at the same link as before!

One thing I wanted to make clear, you can only talk to a person once per day, that's why they grey out after you talk to them. Also, just in case you are wondering, Eli's route is the only one available in the demo. Aside from that, enjoy!