Hoshigawa High [Slice of Life] [School] [Romance] [Android]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Vialixia
Regular

Hoshigawa High [Slice of Life] [School] [Romance] [Android]

#1 Post by Vialixia »

'Hoshigawa High: you attend a prestigious art school, with your best friend Lixa. Despite the problems of your past looming over you, your life is flowing along nicely, until a Kansai bad-boy disrupts your late night art sessions! Will you resist Leon, or will you stand by your childhood friend Takumi even though he has a complicated relationship with Lixa? With multiple endings and the opportunity to choose your own path, you can shape your destiny!'

You are a talented student with a huge love of art! Spending late nights in class is what you love the most. Even though people assume you are a quiet girl, you can be blunt with your words if you need to. Customise your own character name <3

Your best friend Lixa! She's bubbly and sweet, but she's got quite a temper! Boys are quick to like her, but she's generally too busy daydreaming and being a little airheaded to notice.

Leon, the kansai-exchange student! He's cheeky, and can come off a little rude if you don't know him well enough. Although on the face of it, he seems like a happy-go-lucky kind of guy, maybe you can try and find out more about him and why he moved to Hoshigawa?

Takumi, your childhood friend. He can seem a little scary, but he's a big softie. He's a deep thinker and doesn't talk about his personal feelings much. In many ways you share in a lot of the pain that Takumi still suffers from. He seems to be quite a fan of Lixa.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Designers Notes

Hey guys! This is a mini android game that I've been working on for a while. It started off as a personal project, but I wanted to see how much I could optimise Ren'py for android so I've tried a variety of ways to make things work more smoothly! The story is light-hearted but it's one that will contain some of my personal experiences too, so it's kind of close to me! The sprites are from Tokudaya whom have a variety of free-to-use sprites for non-commerical projects, and the backgrounds are from Mao. My other project Idol-eyes will have fully customised artwork, but this is going to be small and also free!

Finally, yes it has a Japanese name. The story is set in Japan, the characters have Japanese school uniforms, and so it would make little sense to me to make the story with an English name (I know Japanese names by English creators can annoy some people which is why I brought it up.)

Oh yes, I almost forgot. Feel free to read about this and my other projects here: http://slblake.blogspot.co.uk/

I hope you enjoy what I have for you so far, please feel free to comment/critique as much as you want.

Credits: all images used were listed as free to use for non-commercial projects.
Sprites
http://tokudaya.net/
Backgrounds
http://mao.sub.jp
[/center]
Last edited by Vialixia on Sun May 19, 2013 4:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Aseret
Regular

Re: Hoshigawa High [Slice of Life] [School] [Romance] [Andro

#2 Post by Aseret »

looks really good so far :)
When do you plan you'll release it by?
Also, would you be releasing it for iphone (itunes store) as well?

muggy8
Regular

#3 Post by muggy8 »

Coincidentally I'm also working on a project although a bit more ambitious. I plan on making a fully totally cross platform VN that allows the users to run the game on Android, iOS, PC, Mac, Linux and basically anything else that can brows the internet. Although I didn't use Ren.py. I originally planned to use Ren.Py but that changed when i came across JavaScript XD Do you have some kind of a demo or is that not available yet?

Vialixia
Regular

#4 Post by Vialixia »

@Aseret Thanks very much! I'm hoping to have the game finished and released by 31st May. It's a short term project, but most of the functionality is there now and the game works well on android.

Iphone is a difficult one because Ren'py is not compatible, and the rules for creating games for the IOS system are much stricter, meaning it's difficult to get visual novel games on the Iphone. However, my boyfriend is an android/IOS developer so it's possible I may find a way around it, but it won't be via Ren'py. Will let you know how that goes :)

@muggy8 Sounds very interesting! As I say, the Iphone version generally puts a spanner in the works because it's impossible to create with Ren'py. I will have to do it some other way. The game works on Android, it has a simple, easy touch interface. I'm just customising a few more things but I'll be releasing a demo in the next few weeks! Will let you know when that's done.

Thanks for your interest!

Firefly
Regular
Projects: Remember these days, My sunflowers keeper
Organization: Firefly Games
Deviantart: Caystar

#5 Post by Firefly »

Now i'm glad that I bought an android. Its sounds interesting I shall keep an eye on this :)
~Fireflys are the stars of the Earth~

http://caystar.deviantart.com/

Vialixia
Regular

#6 Post by Vialixia »

@Firefly Thanks so much! :3

Here are some WIP screenshots; everything is subject to change! I can't take all the credit for the on-screen keyboard, it was partly from somewhere in the Ren'py forum/tutorials, but it works on Android so you can input whatever you like without having to call the Android keyboard, which doesn't work.

AERenoir
Veteran

#7 Post by AERenoir »

For Android! Seems cool. I just recently got an Android so I'm looking forward to see it.

Is this made with Ren'py? Didn't know Ren'py could port to Android...

Vialixia
Regular

#8 Post by Vialixia »

Thanks! Yes, it's Ren'py! Ren'py has an Android packager.

EchoLove
Regular

#9 Post by EchoLove »

Aw crap I have an iphone and this looks really good. If you ever do end up getting it to work on iphones I would be so happy to play this :)

janrrah18
Regular
Projects: My Sweet Revenge,(I can't think of a good title...><)
Organization: Valonia

#10 Post by janrrah18 »

WAAHH!!ANOTHER GREAT VN GAME THAT IS wip!!!! IT'S REALLYY COOLL!!I PRETTYY PREDICTED MYSELF THAT I'LL GO AFTER HER CHILDHOOD FRIEND TAKUMI..:)

Vialixia
Regular

#11 Post by Vialixia »

Thank you guys! I'm going to Japan soon, so I've been busy with that, but the game is still in progress. :3 I'll be posting some more screens and maybe a little more character info upon my return! :D

blahblah0625
Regular

#12 Post by blahblah0625 »

Hopefully this will be for iPhone, because this looks GORGEOUS!
Screams and yells for bishies

ixWishing
Veteran

#13 Post by ixWishing »

asdfghjkl
Woohoo, android games <333
Tbh, I kinda thought Leon was the Childhood friend, and Takumi the Kansai bad boy xD
- Everlasting Dreams ;

Vialixia
Regular

#14 Post by Vialixia »

I think it's probably their character expressions in the preview; most of the time Leon looks a bit more scary than Takumi haha. Maybe I should post those sprites instead :D

Also attached some basic android-friendly UI.
Attachments
Screen2.png
Screen1.png

Pyun~
Regular

#15 Post by Pyun~ »

Great art. :3