Miranda, Princess at Heart parts 1-10ish [COMPLETED]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
sonorousgem
Regular

Re: Miranda, Princess at Heart part 1

#20 Post by sonorousgem »

Here is part 3! :D

In (a probably failed) attempt to avoid error messages, I have separate folders for Windows & Mac. If you want a Linux one, respond or message me :)

Summary: At school, Miranda wonders whether or not her new project group mate, Xavier, sets himself apart from the others in a good or bad way. She is relieved to come home to Garrett, and they go off and volunteer together. Garrett comes back the next morning, a Saturday, and requests to take care of her chores. Following events depend on the choice you make.
If you choose the right option, Miranda will audition for the princess's part and meet Jennifer La Salle. She'll also get to hear a little about Joey and Garrett's family.
(Hint on the choice: it's not very hard [these choices never are]-- but Garrett's not that into feminist independent girls. If he was, he'd probably have a girlfriend already XD)

By the way, Miranda sings a song in here called "Silver Lining"-- not a real song! (if there are real songs with that title I'm sorry I didn't mean to copy anyone!) I made it up, and had some fun recording it. :)

I have some screenshots in previous posts, but here are two more (they aren't that different from the other ones though, huh...? ._. sorry)
Top one: Miranda's reaction to Xavier's reddish eyes.
Bottom one: Garrett's devotion to his babysitter job. XD
Attachments
ch3 screenshots.jpg
Miranda part 3-1.0-win.zip
for windows users :D
(13.99 MiB) Downloaded 237 times
Miranda part 3-1.0-mac.zip
for mac users :)
(12.14 MiB) Downloaded 204 times

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#21 Post by Kato »

I think it's about time I get onto part 2! I've been so swamped lately I haven't got the chance :p haha I'll let you know how it goes!

EDIT: Played through both 2 and 3
and I finally get the princess bit in the title :p haha
It's kept the same feel as the first one which is nice so it wouldn't be a problem to join them all together after you finish each episode. One thing though (and this isn't about the VN but rather the post format), I think it would be better to edit your first post and put all the parts and screenshots in there rather than in new comments. Makes it easier to find, especially since there looks like there will be quite a number of parts coming our way :p (Also the post subject is still saying part 1, may I suggest updating that with each new part release too? :) )

Still has Kato's thumbs up of approval though! It's nice, easy and relaxing to read, especially after waaaay too many hours at work ><
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

sonorousgem
Regular

#22 Post by sonorousgem »

Kato wrote:I think it's about time I get onto part 2! I've been so swamped lately I haven't got the chance :p haha I'll let you know how it goes!

EDIT: Played through both 2 and 3
and I finally get the princess bit in the title :p haha
It's kept the same feel as the first one which is nice so it wouldn't be a problem to join them all together after you finish each episode. One thing though (and this isn't about the VN but rather the post format), I think it would be better to edit your first post and put all the parts and screenshots in there rather than in new comments. Makes it easier to find, especially since there looks like there will be quite a number of parts coming our way :p (Also the post subject is still saying part 1, may I suggest updating that with each new part release too? :) )

Still has Kato's thumbs up of approval though! It's nice, easy and relaxing to read, especially after waaaay too many hours at work ><
yay, thanks! :) and i'll do that next time with the other parts. (takes forever to upload the files though, so i think i'll just leave parts 2 and 3 here o.O) and yeah, I actually meant this to kind of be like a kinetic novel, but I didn't know those existed until after I posted the first one, so I just made it a really easy visual novel :D
i know the title says that, but... i didn't actually know how to change it until about now... ahaha

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

Re: Miranda, Princess at Heart parts 1-10ish

#23 Post by Kato »

How are things travelling? Haven't had an update for a while now :p
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

sonorousgem
Regular

Re: Miranda, Princess at Heart parts 1-10ish

#24 Post by sonorousgem »

Sorry, I think I wrote this in my last update but this past week has been extremely busy and exhausting, and school is starting up XP
I have a lot of music and sound I need to look for and add, as well as draw one more "CG".
If it means anything, I finished the bad ending last night XD

Thanks for keeping up with all this... hopefully future games (?) will be executed better and move along faster. :)