A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
khnachi
Veteran
Location: Somewhere in those 7,107 islands in the Philippines.

#1 Post by khnachi »

STORY

Story: 100%
Script: 100%(First draft done. Still needs proofreading and revising, but the overall script is done and ready. :D )
Coding: 50%(Coded the first draft for the sake of inputing the visuals and messing with GUI.)
GUI: 100% (Thank you so much Shiro!!)
CGs:90% (One more!)
Proofreading and Revising: 60%(Hazel-bun agreed to help with this yay!)
Music: 100%

SCREENSHOTS

Story l Art: khanachi
Co-Writer: Hazel-bun
GUI: shiroisalva5
Programming: DragoonHP
Voices:
Woman: Cayla Martin
Axel: Ethan Nakashima

- Customed GUI
-No sprites just pure cgs with variations
-Voiced!
----------

(If you have time can you answer this..please...)
1. Do you find the story interesting? Are you going to give this a chance once it's released? :|
2. "Memoir" is a crappy name for a virus/lol, some suggestions would be nice.
(I think we'll have to stick with the name Memoir afterall, thank you for those people who answered this)
3.I would like to ask if some of you are willing to give some feedbacks about the writings for this KN
this is a portion of the script:

Code: Select all

e"My name is Axel and I am eighteen years old."
e "I played soccer when I was in high school. Never was really good at it but that never stopped me from trying."
e "I like salty foods like french fries and potato chips. Anything with a nice kick to it, real classy dishes that are good for your body if you know what I mean."
e “I’m also fond of pop music. A pumping beat turned up to eleven gets me moving. Nothing beats it. Nothing tops it..." 
e "As I write my "top ten list' down in my battered notebook, I can’t stop myself from smiling."
e "I never thought I would be so happy remembering things that I once took for granted. Happy fleeting moments, little insignificant nothings really that mean so very much now that they are gone."
e “Erased. No more.”
e "Those simple experiences, tastes, sounds, feelings I never imagined would be of much relevance to me. So faint as if to be an illusion."
e "Now they've been so easily forgotten once It had taken over me..."
e "Even now it holds my memories hostage and I am helpless against It. The slow, inevitable corrosion of those precious moments."
e "I fear that I’ll forget that what makes me “me”. Never in a million years did think experiences which had been ingrained into my very essence, been my foundation, would one day fade away, become nothing."
 e "Until now."
do you like the style of writing?
is there something off about it?

UPDATE:
No this game is not dead, just got caught up with some real life issues(university stuff) :|
So I hope you guys understand why I can't release this just yet.
But I'm back now and actively working on this again. And for some news shiroisalva5 made
this cool website for status infected you may want to check it out if you have time. :mrgreen:
http://www.status-infected.blue-tsuki.com/
Gonna update some of the stuff in here whenever I can. :mrgreen:
again thank you very much to Hazel-bun and Corynth for helping me to set this WIP thread up.
Last edited by khnachi on Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:06 am, edited 10 times in total.

Shiroisalva5
Projects: The fountain in the woods, Stained with Magic, Bog
Organization: Hikage Studios
Deviantart: saruva05.deviantart.
itch: kuroi05

Re: Status: Infected (KN)(Drama)(Short)

#2 Post by Shiroisalva5 »

I find the story quite interesting, I will definetely give it a try :)
Well for the virus name, i don´t find it too bad :)
(Send you a PM)
ImageImageImageImage

pickle131
Veteran
Tumblr: pickle131

#3 Post by pickle131 »

I love the idea behind this *u*
Sayuri [ freelance actress / singer / fangirl & stuff]

khnachi
Veteran

#4 Post by khnachi »

pickle131 wrote:I love the idea behind this *u*
Shiroisalva5 wrote:I find the story quite interesting, I will definetely give it a try :)
Well for the virus name, i don´t find it too bad :)
(Send you a PM)
thank you so much.
I'm glad that some people find this interesting. :D
oh and some art stuff
halp.png
halp.png (146.61 KiB) Viewed 4965 times
grumpy axel is grumpy..

Sayashiro
Regular
Projects: Freak-Quency, Cafe Memoria, Amplitude, Spring Breeze, Escape from Puzzlegate, Project Aivisu, All the Pretty Flowers

#5 Post by Sayashiro »

Wow. The art is amazing. I also love the story concept. Definitely will be following this!
/ Sayaka Mashiro / Voice-Over Artist / Casting Director /
l Website l http://sayashiro.wix.com/sayakamashiro l

khnachi
Veteran

#6 Post by khnachi »

Sayashiro wrote:Wow. The art is amazing. I also love the story concept. Definitely will be following this!
Thank you so much :D

---and another cg stuff for the game.
I wonder what they're talking about.
eat.jpg

FjärilPrincess
Regular

#7 Post by FjärilPrincess »

Oooooh :3.This is a nice,fresh idea.I like it ^_^.I like it so much that I'll subscribe to the topic <3.The art's stupefying c(;.I don't really play games as a boy...In fact,I NEVER play games as a boy (Unless,they're RPGS and I have no other choice.).However,I shall make a big exception for this game ^//^.It may not sound like it,but that's a major compliment (er,coming from me,at least XD).*cough* On a totally DIFFERENT note ᶰᵒᵗ ʳᵉᵃᶫᶫʸ⋅ᶫᵉᶫ...,Axel is pretty cute.Ahem O//O.
~
Questions Time! <3
~
1. (a) Do you find the story interesting? (b) Are you going to give this a chance once it's released? :|
1. (a) Quite intriguing,I must say ;).I really like the part of the plot that says the MC was infected,too.Sure,lots of VNS have that one part in it where something really horrible and dramatic happens.UNfortunately,it's not to the MC XD. * Also,I don't mean to sound pushy or anything (I swear TT-TT),but I'd like to point out a little error in the plot.Just a little thing U.U.The last line is: 'And you, Axel, is infected by it…' but it should be: 'And you, Axel, are infected by it…' .
1. (b) Yes,I will :P.I'm so excited ! :'D.
~
2. (a) "Memoir" is a crappy name for a virus/lol, some suggestions would be nice. (b) (is this even a question?)
2. No,It's not~ ! :O.I think it's pretty awesome.It reminds me of Memoirs of an angel (which has nothing to do with this project.Orz xD.).Um...Suggggeeeesstiiooonssss.Uhm.I'm bad at suggestions.Let's see..I'm just gonna type stuff from the top of my head.Sorry if it's not good xP.How about: 'Virus X'.Or Or Or Or.Um.'Virus U.V.' ? (It literally just means 'Unexplainable Virus'.Psh.. It's so unique and legit...and makes no sense.)
2. (b) You know what? It's not a question.*pulls out magnifying glass and pipe from pocket* BUT NO WORRIES! Just add a question mark at the end and..voila! ;).
~
Well,Yeah.Good luck ~! I'll be stalking this pro- Erm..I meant: I'll be cheering this project on! T_T I..I wanna ask Axel some questions :c.P-please? As a reward for answering all of these EASY questions O:) xD.Thanks! Okay,So..I want to ask Axel these questions: "Why are you so darn cuuuteee?","Will you marry me? I..I can make you rich with love 'nd stuff.","How does it feel to be...infected?! No offense.Heh." *dramatic music*.*_* Heehee.
"Hey,stranger. I want you to catch me like a cold." - Panic! At The Disco,Hurricane.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#8 Post by Coren »

This looks so exciting, khanachi! :) Will definitely be playing it when it comes out.

khnachi
Veteran

#9 Post by khnachi »

@FjärilPrincess
Thank you so much reading this and giving this story a chance, this makes me all motivated to work harder, and as for the questions I'll let Axel answer them.
FjärilPrincess wrote:Why are you so darn cuuuteee?
this doesn't really answer the question, does it? I ain't cute, I'm manly as hell
FjärilPrincess wrote:Will you marry me?
FjärilPrincess wrote:How does it feel to be...infected?! No offense.Heh." *dramatic music*.*_* Heehee.

Coren wrote:This looks so exciting, khanachi! :) Will definitely be playing it when it comes out.
Thank you Coren. :mrgreen:
------
Sketches are always fun to make in between cgs. And as for updates someone agreed to help with the gui, which is pretty neat.
For the cgs I only need two more and I'm done with it, just a few more shading and coloring then I can finally focus on coding them.
This week I'm planning on sending Hazel-bun the script for proofreading and revising so I hope that things will be more or less almost finished by the end of the month, unless something came up.

FjärilPrincess
Regular

#10 Post by FjärilPrincess »

@khnachi
You're welcome! :D.You draw so well T_T.It makes me jelly >:(.Any-who,thanks for answering my questions with a drawing! That literally made my day ^_^.Psh.Axel's so manly ;).
"Hey,stranger. I want you to catch me like a cold." - Panic! At The Disco,Hurricane.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by 15385bic »

this looks really good khnachi!
medicine gone wrong story huh....--> is reminded of I am legend OTL
please tell me it'll be a happy ending TT^TT

anyways good luck!

khnachi
Veteran

#12 Post by khnachi »

15385bic wrote:this looks really good khnachi!
medicine gone wrong story huh....--> is reminded of I am legend OTL
please tell me it'll be a happy ending TT^TT

anyways good luck!
thank you bic.
I've been meaning to watch that movie for a long time but I still haven't got the chance do it up until now, ugh.
This KN "is" about beginnings so maybe I could consider it a good ending, but it's up to the player to decided anyway. :mrgreen:

NekoNutchi
Regular
Completed: Reverse Metamorphosis (NaNo2014)

#13 Post by NekoNutchi »

Interesting...this reminds me of an idea i had once that never got turned into practice. I really hope this gets finished though, and the art looks amazing!

khnachi
Veteran

#14 Post by khnachi »

NekoNutchi wrote:Interesting...this reminds me of an idea i had once that never got turned into practice. I really hope this gets finished though, and the art looks amazing!
Aw, most of my ideas for stories are like that too..it is kinda sad that I lost the chance to use most of them into practice, and thank you very much for the boost of confidence, I'm doing my best to at least have it decent looking for the game. :mrgreen:

khnachi
Veteran

#15 Post by khnachi »

Updates:
Hello everyone, I'm currently hard at work with the last CGs for this project
and the editing/revising of the script is going smoothly but I have to move
the release date until early or by mid February since some parts of the game
is still missing, but I can confidently say that we're 80% done. :mrgreen:

I forgot to mention that Shiroisalva5 is going to make the GUI for Status: Infected. yay!
He just sent me some lovely mock-ups for the start screen(maybe I'll show the other mock-ups when
I finally got decent internet connection, I'm currently at school btw. =.=)
yup.jpg
That's all for this update, sorry for double posting just needed to update this thread. :wink: