Ravenwood Academy-Lovers' Revolution(GXB,Otome,Drama,Comdey)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

Ravenwood Academy-Lovers' Revolution(GXB,Otome,Drama,Comdey)

#1 Post by Fenrir34 »

Plot-High school sucks, especially if it's a place where popularity rules. Sick of seeing how many of her peers suffer because of this heinous hierarchy, Miraj makes it her life mission to create a special retreat that will help others make friends and find love. But her idea is repeatedly shot down by the all powerful school council and with this year being her final year at Ravenwood, she's desperate to take hold of her last chance to make her dream become a reality. One day she meets Shinji Inoue, a kindhearted and super cute member of the student council. Intrigued by her idea, Shinji offers her a spot by his side on the notoriously exclusive student board. Miraj eagerly excepts, hoping that this will give her a chance to make her class wide retreat a reality. But once on the council, Miraj's life becomes a living hell as she finds herself dealing with animosity from the other members. In trying to realize her wishes for the student body, Miraj discovers the dark secrets of the student council members, struggles to stay out of their line of fire, and is forced to face her fear of falling in love again after her last heart break.

Characters

Miraj Kamida-Our mc. An eccentric girl who is an all out otaku. Because of her strange and unpredictable nature, her classmates are scared of her. She is, however, close friends with many of the teens in the program she is attending. After having a nightmare of an old friend, Miraj comes up with the idea of holding a retreat for her piers at Ravenwood. However, her idea is always shut down by the council, thus causing her to declare war on them. Miraj is reliable and trustworthy, yet is at times hasty when it comes to decisions. It's because of this that her best friend Ryoko and her brother Hiroki look out for her. When it comes to school, Miraj defiantly struggles with certain things, but does her best to keep herself on the positive side.

Ryoko Tamachi-Miraj's best friend and also a member of the troubled teen sessions. Unlike Miraj, Ryoko doesn't speak much and would rather keep to herself. She is a studious girl with a secret love for old movies. She sees Miraj as one of her only friends, but her life becomes difficult when she is forced to join the council in order to keep an eye on her.

Hiroki Kamida-Miraj's older brother and English teacher at Ravenwood. Hiroki is a very smart young man and very observant. However, he does have a tendency to be overprotective of his sister, which is why he's working at the academy. Because of how much he cares for his students and his maturity, Hiroki finds himself with many admirers.

Obtainable Characters
Shinji Inoue-Fourth ranked member of the council. Shinji is the most gentle and kind in the council and, like Miraj, seeks to change Ravenwood for the better. Because of his naive nature, Shinji is often labeled as stupid and is at times looked down by his friends. Shinji is however, very kind and cares for his classmates. He is also the one that helps Miraj get a spot on the council and has a passion for acting. Is a bit forgetful.

Hikaru Yoshida-First ranked of the student council and classmate of Miraj. Because of his looks, brains, and all out charm, Hikaru has achieved the title of Prince. He is dutifully bound to his role as head of the council and seeks to be like his father and make the school a place he can be proud of. Hikaru however, doesn't want to have anything to do with those who he believes inferior to him and doesn't care much for the unpopular people. Seeker of 100 percent perfection, Hikaru also doesn't take failure well. When Miraj joins, he is anything but happy and tries his best to get rid of her. Despite his rude nature, he does have a soft spot for children. Has a passion for painting as well.

Arata Hoshiba-Third ranked member of the council and the most mature. Though quiet, Arata is anything but shy. He likes watching his surroundings and knows much more about what goes on around Ravenwood then people think. Because of his mysterious nature, Arata is the second most popular boy in school. Unlike Hikaru, he doesn't mind Miraj joining but the reason to this is unknown. Arata is also a deep thinker as well, yet hides some dark secrets under that gentle smile. Love writing and reading

Keiji Barsett-Fifth ranked member of the council and the most elegant. Keiji is suave, charming, and romantic, enjoying the time he spends with girls. However, despite this, he can be very impatient when dealing with annoying people. He has a secret jealousy for Hikaru and his popularity with girls and seeks to become higher up in the council. Like Hikaru, he doesn't take well with Mira joining, believing that she will ruin their reputation. Despite this, Keiji is known to give decent advice when it comes to love and does have a soft side. It's just hard to see when he acts childish.

Daichi Ito-A non member of the council. Like Miraj, Daichi has a hate for most of the council, and is quite unpopular. His reasons for being at Ravenwood are unknown, and he spends most of his time ditching classes. Though rough, short-tempered, and at times violent, Daichi has a high sense of justice and protects those in need. He is also very fond of Miraj and her beliefs. Has a love for animals.

Other Characters

Miyu Kimura-Enemy of Miraj and the number one popular girl in the twelfth grade. Miyu has this desire to become part of the council and marry Hikaru once school is over. Her dreams almost come true, till Miraj destroys them when she is picked. Vain, selfish and a bit crazy, Miyu has now made it her life's mission to find a way to make Miraj miserable, even if it means getting to those close to her.

Sakura Yoshida-Second ranked member of the council and the only female member. Sakura is the elder twin sister of Hikaru, yet unlike him she has no desire to run the council. Because of her bubbly, cheerful and clumsy nature, Sakura is sought after by many of the guys in school, though she is clueless to their feelings. Though part of the council, Sakura doesn't participate in many of the events and would much rather learn to be a better cook. She seems to also have admiration for Miraj and seeks to be friends with her. Struggles with gym because of her body.

Miss Amane-Another teacher at Ravenwood. Unlike Hiroki, Amane is a serious woman who doesn't like laziness. She is in charge of watching the council as well. Has a habit of drinking when depressed. Secretly longs to find true love.

Progress
Sprites-80%(By Blue Forest)
BG Art-0%
Script-5%
Story-65%
Music-75%
CG-0%(Need Artist)

Features
~5 Obtainable Guys and 1 Secret Character ~
~Funny Plot~
~Soothing Music~
~Good Main Character~
~Anime Style Art~

Question
What do you think of the plot?

Do you like the characters?

If so who?

Author's Note-So this is a long name that has been in the process of being made for the last year. I know people might've seen the art before, but I like it. Anyway, at the moment I'm looking for a CG Artist and GUI, along with a logo. If you're interested then please PM me. The game is free as well. Am writing it with a friend of mine :)
Last edited by Fenrir34 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

flaminghippo
Regular
Projects: At Bay
IRC Nick: flaminghippo

Re: Ravenwood Academy-Lovers' Revolution(GXB,Otome,Drama,Com

#2 Post by flaminghippo »

1. Plot: I'm interested! Seems like you can take it in a lot of different directions; should be fun.

2. Characters: I like them! Of the obtainable characters, I'm most interested in Arata. Quiet but not shy? Awesome.

I'm also super interested in Sakura. She seems really fun—I just hope you don't make her into a really ditzy character (they're so unrealistic), even though she's supposed to be clueless to her suitors' feelings.

I really like how polished the artwork is so far, but I do want to say that without a line to indicate the bottom of the nose, I get confused between the nose and the mouth.

If you want any feedback on anything in particular, feel free to ask!

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Fenrir34 »

flaminghippo wrote:1. Plot: I'm interested! Seems like you can take it in a lot of different directions; should be fun.

2. Characters: I like them! Of the obtainable characters, I'm most interested in Arata. Quiet but not shy? Awesome.

I'm also super interested in Sakura. She seems really fun—I just hope you don't make her into a really ditzy character (they're so unrealistic), even though she's supposed to be clueless to her suitors' feelings.

I really like how polished the artwork is so far, but I do want to say that without a line to indicate the bottom of the nose, I get confused between the nose and the mouth.

If you want any feedback on anything in particular, feel free to ask!
1-Thank you so much. I was worried about the plot. Didn't know if people would like it

2-Glad you liked the characters and Arata the most. I kind of have a idea for him, so he's one of the most developed at the moment. :)

Also, don't worry about Sakura. She won't be really ditzy or stupid. She's just clumsy and sometimes forgetful.

Happy you like the artwork. I think I'll keep with these sprites. Funny thing is I didn't notice about the nose thing till you said it. Kind of funny :lol: .

BrokenAngel75
Regular

#4 Post by BrokenAngel75 »

1-The plot is interesting. I like Miraj a lot and the fact that she's trying to change something about the school

2-The characters seem really likable. I'd have to say my fave is Hiroki. Always thought the protective brothers were cool.

Just a quick question, will you really not use these sprites? Just wonder because I like them

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Fenrir34 »

BrokenAngel75 wrote:1-The plot is interesting. I like Miraj a lot and the fact that she's trying to change something about the school

2-The characters seem really likable. I'd have to say my fave is Hiroki. Always thought the protective brothers were cool.

Just a quick question, will you really not use these sprites? Just wonder because I like them
Thanks. I'm always worried if the mc is god or not.

And I'm glad you like Hiroki. He's my second fav and I'm excited to write him

I answered this question on my recruitment thread by the way, :) but yes I'll most likely keep them

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by philip »

I like it! Will be looking for more.
philip!
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Fenrir34 »

philip wrote:I like it! Will be looking for more.
philip!
Thank you so much :)