Ten Years of Sleep [KN][free][sci-fi]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
aluminium.dragon
Projects: Ten years of sleep
Organization: Vysoko Anime Production

Ten Years of Sleep [KN][free][sci-fi]

#1 Post by aluminium.dragon »

Ten Years of Sleep

tenyearsofsleep.com

We are available on the iTunes app store - for free for all iPad users :)
Windows version is in the works.

iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ten-yea ... ?ls=1&mt=8

Some screenshots & other media:

tenyearsofsleep.com
Ten Years of Sleep is a to-the-bones sci-fi featuring space travel and exploration, artificial intelligence, teleportation and more. The story revolves around a young knight who's job is to travel to missions on other planets.

The story sets place in a distant future. At first we plan to release the 'Prologue' to the whole series and then expand it from there on. Music is done by a musician from Island, so be prepared for some deep atmospheric sounds.

It will be released as a simple, free kinetic novel and the first part should take about half an hour to read through. Further releases will follow until the end of 2014 and in 2015.

There is more materials and information coming.
-

Here is part of the soundtrack:

-
Attachments
Poster 3
Poster 3
Poster 2
Poster 2
Poster 1
Poster 1
Last edited by aluminium.dragon on Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:45 am, edited 4 times in total.

Thomasito

Re: Ten Years of Sleep [KN][free][sci-fi]

#2 Post by Thomasito »

Another interesting novel of Vysoko Anime production
Great story, beautiful graphic art.
Looking forward to see it ASAP

aluminium.dragon

#3 Post by aluminium.dragon »

Thomasito wrote:Another interesting novel of Vysoko Anime production
Great story, beautiful graphic art.
Looking forward to see it ASAP

Btw. Ten Years of Sleep will be out in a few weeks. Everything's going well. I'll keep everyone updated. I don't yet have a release date, but that too will be announced soon.

Keul
Regular

#4 Post by Keul »

Hello,

In the website/tumblr, you're showing a "screenshot from the iPad version in post-production". Will there be android and/or win/linux versions also?

The interface seems to be like renpy but Ren'py don't work on IOS. What framework or language are you using?

I like the chara design, and the sci-fi theme :)

Kate
Regular
Projects: Blackout
Organization: Moonlight Otome

#5 Post by Kate »

Yes, please spill about the framework!!!! :D

Also, lovely character design, nice premise, and I think it's nice to have shorter works that will hopefully be very satisfying :)
Current Project:
Blackout [VN][Romance][GxB][Mystery][Suspense] http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=34118
"It is the duty of authors to make the fantastic seem ordinary and the ordinary seem fantastic." - K. Auer

Alte
The Great Organizer
Github: nualte
itch: alte

#6 Post by Alte »

For those who are curious about the framework.

It appears to be done with Cross platform C++ engine (with Cocos2DX as graphics engine)

What makes me think so otherwise, would be this announcement of collaboration.
Ren'Py Cookbook Directory

I'm not affiliated with Ren'Py/ itch.io/ Steam/ etc.

aluminium.dragon

#7 Post by aluminium.dragon »

Hi everyone >_< and sorry for the later reply.

I've just released the visual novel on iTunes, so I've been busy in that area :)
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ten-yea ... ?ls=1&mt=8

Regarding the framework and how it's run - I've got a single VN core which has a native iPad/iPhone port, Cocos2DX port and now we're doing a Windows port (December). The UI & graphics are done natively on the iPad, so we're using native widgets on places & some native functionality of the tablet.

All in all - the core is cross-platform & different UI & 2D systems are put on top of it. Cocos2DX is just one of them.

aluminium.dragon

#8 Post by aluminium.dragon »

Kate wrote:Yes, please spill about the framework!!!! :D

Also, lovely character design, nice premise, and I think it's nice to have shorter works that will hopefully be very satisfying :)
Thanks! Regarding the framework - I guess that there is (as in any group / community / area) a notion that things shouldn't be split and people were quite hostile when I talked about anything else other than Ren'py. At the present moment I'm working with a friend from the Netherlands on a proprietary port of my visual novel engine, but I'll need to see if I actually want to release it.

At the present moment I believe that the amateur community is served well with Ren'py and those like me who have special needs will do things differently, but I figured that my goal is to drive production & to work on how to do things most effectively for myself. Working on providing a community tool, SDK, framework probably needs a different kind of person.
-
This might change in the future, but now now the framework is done for my novels.

If someone wants to do a release on top of it, than I'll lead them through the process, but things won't be open to everyone.