Tears of Yggdrasil [BxG][Fantasy]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
MoonStar
Regular
Projects: Yggdrasil

Tears of Yggdrasil [BxG][Fantasy]

#1 Post by MoonStar »

世界樹: Yggdrasil Windows 1.3

Description

Our story revolves around our protagonist Yamakazi Kusanagi, an ordinary boy whose life was dramatically altered upon waking up in Alfheim, the land of elves, after a colossal Earthquake.

Upon arriving in this magical land, our protagonist strives to find out if there are any connections between a phenomenon in Alfheim known as the universal tremor and the earthquakes back home while attempting to stay alive and discover who is trying to assassinate the princess of Alfheim and usurp the throne.

Or perhaps, he has intimate connections with the very mysteries of the world itself...

Features

Sekaiju:Yggdrasil (Translation World Tree: Yggdrasil) is a fantasy themed, slice of life Visual Novel with a some elements of dating-sim and of course some echi and fanservice. It is fully voiced and extensively interactive!

Each path you take will get you to a unique ending.– A unique story with unique plot.

1. Full Voice Acting
2. Original Soundtrack
3. High Quality Artwork
4. Full HD 1080p
5. Fluid Gameplay
7. Every Choice you make has impact on the story
8. Multiple Unique Endings
9. Music Gallery
10. CG Gallery
11. Scene Gallery( aka scene replay gallery)

Artwork

Characters

Yamakazi Kusanagi

While he's a lazy ass pervert who dreams of having a harem of girls at his feet, Kusanagi has a surprisingly kind hearted side. When he sees someone in trouble, he feels compelled to help them whether they be a family member, close friend or even a stranger.

He started practicing jujutsu(an old kind of martial art) and kendo together with his childhood friend Kogara Sachi at the age of five, but stopped after breaking a bully's arm in a fit of rage.

Besides his fruitless dreams of having his own harem, all he wants to do is become a NEET/hikikomori. It is not to be though, as Sachi has made a habit of waking him up and dragging him off to school whether he likes it or not.

Kusanagi can be a charming, intelligent man when he has to, and knows how to carry himself in a fight whether it be fought with the sword, shinai, or his fists alone.

Kogara Sachi

Sachi is Kusanagi’s childhood friend since she was five, when Kusanagi saved her from a pack of stray
dogs (which she believed to be wolves.) From then, she has helped him with everything from
preparing his daily meals to helping him study. They both started martial arts around the same age, a
sport that fostered their friendship and rivalry.

Alvaerele Ikeshia

Ikeshia the elven princess of Alfheim, who after the death of her brother she was declared the next
heir to the throne by her father. She is very cold in nature and trusts no one else other than her father
and her maid Elisven.

Elisven

Elisven is a maid at the elven palace (and Princess Ikeshia’s personal and most trusted maid, despite
being somewhat awkward.) Due to her more darker skin tone, she has always been seen as a spy of the
dark elves; thus, she has always been bullied and persecuted while growing up. Even now, after many
years in service to Princess, she is often threatened and sometimes beaten by prejudiced individuals
who still believes she’s only a spy. She is extremely loyal and feels indebted to the princess for seeing
what she truly is beyond her physical appearance.

世界樹: Yggdrasil Staff

Main Staff:

MoonStar and Mafuda

Artists:

Character Design: pinguin-kotak
Backgrounds: Uncle Mugen and Aswaforce.
CG: Artemisumi
Logo: LucaMadison
GUI: Aleema

Writers:

Writer: MoonStar
Voice Actors Scripter: Marissa Lenti.

Music:

Composer: Florenz Dominic Sison and N.H.C

Voice Cast:

Yamakazi Kusanagi: Matthew Curtis ( En-Vision America; The Adventures of Lord Dinby, Duke of Space!; Conquest of Champions; LEGO Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.)

Kogara Sachi: Helen Ni

Alvaerele Ikeshia: Marisa Lenti (Hasbro/Playdate Digital: My Little Pony: Twilight's Kingdom App: Princess Celestia & Cadance; ScrewAttack: DEATH BATTLE!: Noin; MirageV: Sacred Earth: Promise: Relima; A Wolf's Tale: Lina; The Mouth: Dragon , Libra & Eclipse Libra Fairy Tail(Funimation dub))

Elisven: Adoxographist

Please feel free to provide any feedback you may have!
What im looking for so far is feedback critic preferably honest cruel and honest opinions with arguments why you think that.

Also Like; Rate and Follow us on Indie DB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/sekaiju-yggdrasil
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SekaijuYggdrasil
Twitter: https://twitter.com/YggdrasilVN
Last edited by MoonStar on Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:27 pm, edited 38 times in total.

MoonStar
Regular

Re: Sekaiju: Yggdrasil Beta [BxG][Fantasy][Romance][Drama]

#2 Post by MoonStar »

i see lot of people watched but none said anything so i will start with saying what im looking for

What im looking for so far is feedback critic preferably honest cruel and honest opinions with arguments why you think that
if possible also would like to hear if you think the passing is to slow to fast if you notice plot holes or things that dont add up etc.

Adoxographist
Regular

#3 Post by Adoxographist »

Alright, I played through your demo, and got 3 different endings!
I wrote some notes while playing with some critiques and small stuff I noticed. Sorry if it's kind of long or too harsh or anything, but I really sincerely hope it helps you out.
After the main character wakes up, there's a jump from the bedroom background to the kitchen background at the line "Sachi, would you please stop this?" Even though there's been no indication that they've changed locations, and it's kinda jarring!
I'm not really too sure of the point of the characters talking about Sachi being on the roof? It gets resolved in like 5 seconds, and doesn't really bring any additional characterization or drama... Will it be brought up later?
Voice over cuts out at "SACHI YOU IDIOT! MOVE OUT OF THE WAY!" I just hear "SACH-" and then it stops?
The art is really nice! But I feel like it's kind of strangely scaled? Like, the girls' sprites seem big in comparison to the guys' sprites. Like, for example, the fact that Sachi seems to be just as tall as the adult male doctor, and her head is noticably larger too! I know it's an art style thing, but you may still want to consider scaling the girls' sprites down a wee bit, hahaha.
How does the doctor know it's exam time? Ehh, whatever, maybe he has kids or something.
Also, the magical elements of the story kind of come totally out of left field? I dunno if it's just me though. Like, from the intro, I know elves are kind of a thing, but from when the main character showed up, I just assumed that the world he himself was from was like the modern world we live in? There wasn't really anything to lead me to believe magic existed, so it's kind of strange.
The game might benefit from sound effects in addition to voice acting! But it's very likely you just haven't implemented them yet, hahaha.

>After telling the soldier the truth

Why would a trained soldier threaten a 14 year old girl? Also the reasoning that the soldier isn't a real soldier and the gun is fake just because the magic scroll is a publicity stunt doesn't really make sense. Just because there's not a specific magical artifact in the institute, it's still the institute of magical artifacts, or something along those lines. There's still probably some valuable stuff there worth protecting.
Sachi threatens an officer (or soldier, but he acts like a policeman), and gets released? This seems pretty unlikely to me! That's a very real crime! Also, she... gets shot in the arm but doesn't seem to react in any negative way?

>After lying to the soldier
Okay, in this route she straight up kills the soldier? I also find that kind of hard to believe... She IS a child after all, standing against a trained military officer!
"I'm ok now but that's not what counts now" strikes me as a kind of repetitive sentence with the use of "now" twice.
"NOOO!! This can't be possible!" VO cuts out the same way that other line does. You only hear "N-!!" I think it has something to do with the transition of NVL mode?
How is she able to read out what's written in the runes if she "[sees] runes and words [she doesn't] understand?" Did you means she could understand them?
Same voice over cutting thing happened for the line "What on earth is going on here!!!"
I understand that all the dialogue is written and recorded already, so changing anything in this demo might be a little difficult, but I think you might benefit from having someone go over your work and proof read it beforehand!
Still, there was a nice variety in endings and I'm definitely interested in seeing how that opening intro ties in to the rest of the story. It builds a nice intrigue for sure!

Leon296
Completed: just wait....
Projects: title's not finalized yet.
Organization: nah
IRC Nick: Leon

#4 Post by Leon296 »

Hmm, Ill be looking forward to this. Prepare thyself for review in a week or so. ^^

MoonStar
Regular

#5 Post by MoonStar »

Adoxographist wrote:Alright, I played through your demo, and got 3 different endings!
I wrote some notes while playing with some critiques and small stuff I noticed. Sorry if it's kind of long or too harsh or anything, but I really sincerely hope it helps you out.

I understand that all the dialogue is written and recorded already, so changing anything in this demo might be a little difficult, but I think you might benefit from having someone go over your work and proof read it beforehand!
Still, there was a nice variety in endings and I'm definitely interested in seeing how that opening intro ties in to the rest of the story. It builds a nice intrigue for sure!
im glad you liked it and ty for the critique.
Leon296 wrote:Hmm, Ill be looking forward to this. Prepare thyself for review in a week or so. ^^
Hi ty i cant wait to read it :)

MoonStar
Regular

#6 Post by MoonStar »

part 2 is slowly coming along any day or next week max will come :)

MoonStar
Regular

#7 Post by MoonStar »

A new character will soon show up in Kusanagi's life(or after life?) that will drastically change hes entire (after)life.

Meet Princess Ikeshia Alvaerele, Princess of Alfheim. Made by pinguin-kotak

MoonStar
Regular

Re: [Updated] Sekaiju: Yggdrasil Beta [BxG][Fantasy][Romanc

#8 Post by MoonStar »

New update

And of course no Princess is with out her maids and servants

Meet Elisven a very clumsy and naive maid in service of the palace. Made by pinguin-kotak

MoonStar
Regular

#9 Post by MoonStar »

Adoxographist wrote:
Okay, in this route she straight up kills the soldier? I also find that kind of hard to believe... She IS a child after all, standing against a trained military officer!
you havent seen mirai nikki and yunno have you? :D

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by philip »

Well, I would love to go through your demo, but have been unable to download it. I have a Mac, with a Safari browser, and when I try to download it, it tells me that my browser is "outdated". Why don't you have the download on Mediafire, where it can be downloaded easily?

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#11 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Safari's pretty unstable. You can easily switch to something like Chrome, anyway.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by philip »

@Mad Harlequin-

Thank you for your unsolicited opinion. but it is really none of your concern as to which browser I choose to use.

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

MoonStar
Regular

#13 Post by MoonStar »

philip wrote:Well, I would love to go through your demo, but have been unable to download it. I have a Mac, with a Safari browser, and when I try to download it, it tells me that my browser is "outdated". Why don't you have the download on Mediafire, where it can be downloaded easily?

philip
there is a direct download also from my site if your think that helps

http://yggrasil.vnovel.com/

here is the page for the mac download

http://yggrasil.vnovel.com/?page_id=49

Adoxographist
Regular

#14 Post by Adoxographist »

MoonStar wrote:
Adoxographist wrote:
Hahahaha! That's true!
She doesn't happen to be a.... Yandere, is she? (Wouldn't surprise me if she was though.)

MoonStar
Regular

#15 Post by MoonStar »

Adoxographist wrote:
MoonStar wrote:
Adoxographist wrote:
Hahahaha! That's true!
She doesn't happen to be a.... Yandere, is she? (Wouldn't surprise me if she was though.)
no shes not a Yandere shes the queen of all yanderes si the definition of yandere :)

same aisaka taiga from toradora and louise fro zero no tsukaima(familiar of zero) is the queen of tsunderes
i placed both cuz their both voiced by the queen of tsundere her self