Win the princess - LOOKING FOR BETA TESTERS :)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Sharane
Regular

Win the princess - LOOKING FOR BETA TESTERS :)

#1 Post by Sharane »

Have you ever dreamt about being a princess?
Well, as you will see, it isn't wonderful all the time. Or as amazing, astonishing and fabulous
Once upon a time in a small kingdom, a king decided her daughter should marry someone to make the kingdom stronger. What a surprise, she - as a young emancipated woman - refused to do it. And this is where it all begins... King, with his secret passion for gambling, announce a competition. Brave men will accomplish four tasks and the winner will marry the princess. But you, as the main award of the competition, have got another plan. In a disguise of man, you want to win and prove the king you are able to reign the kingdom by yourself.
Characters
From the game:
Image Image

Progress:
2014-11-1 Sprite´s profiles are added.
2014-11-11 Thanks to ColaCat, the proofreading has just started.
2014-11-17 Some writting and scripting is done, you can see some examples of pages from the game.
2014-12-05 Another part is written and some coding is done as well. Music is added.
2014-12-19 I made three sketches for CG, one of them is also coloured, the rest is waiting for it ;)
2015-01-05 After a longer pause, I finnished the script and coding for the first task.
2015-02-03 Sprites are 100% done and the second task is written :)
2015-04-19 CG for Marcus is done and I made some coding and writting as well.
2015-05-13 I´m working on third task and with ColaCat, we also made a progress in proofreading.
2015-06-20 MC is ready and full of energy for the third task ;) After a period of no access to PC, I finaly made some new writting and scripting.
2015-07-07 I added some screenshots from the game.
2015-07-15 MC left the third task behind her back and she´s heading to the final part of the game. Wish her good luck! :)
2015-07-27 We celebrate a little anniversary - today was the game project saved for 100th time :D
2015-08-25 I´m writting and scripting the CG scenes and the third task is corrected according the instructions of ColaCat, the proofreader :)
2015-11-12 The first end is close! Currently, I'm writing one of the closing scenes and I'm working on the others.
2015-11-22 There is only one end left to write and script so wish me luck :)
2016-04-11 All the scripting etc. is done. Also the first round of corrections is complete so now we just need to check if everything is okay and then I hope the release will be soon.
2016-09-13 Looking for some beta testers :) Any volunteer?

Credit:
Proofreading - ColaCat
Sprites - Sharane
Background - konett, NekoNutchi, geocities.jp, biglobe.ne.jp
Music - Syncopica, Last.fm
Writting - Sharane

Thank you for reading. Feel free to express your opinion about the story, sprites, name of the visual novel etc. I don´t bite :wink: and I´m glad for every comment.
I know my english isn´t so brilliant as the english of most of you (it isn´t my native language) but I create and write it with all my heart :wink:

Here are some questions - not obligatory, just for an inspiration :wink:
1) Which character will you pursue first (if any)?
2) Who do you think the mysterious man is? And who would you like him to be?
3) Is the topic interesting for you? What are you the most curious about?
4) Any questions, ideas, notes etc.
Last edited by Sharane on Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:27 pm, edited 27 times in total.
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra

semewelamb
Regular

Re: Win the princess [Fantasy, GxB, free, comedy?]

#2 Post by semewelamb »

I love a good gender bender story. It will be interesting to see what kind of competitions the competitors will undertake. Do any of the competitions involve gambling? Will there be mini games or just choices? I like the detail in the hair of the princess. I love the style of her mustache when she's in her guy form. When I see the guys' noses it makes me think of snakes(Just the way my mind works). Also the princess' side profile reminds me of a cyclops. If you are going for a mythical people kinda vibe that would be a neat twist on the story. I don't know if you are or not since you will be posting character profiles in the future. Good luck!

Sharane
Regular

#3 Post by Sharane »

semewelamb wrote:I love a good gender bender story. It will be interesting to see what kind of competitions the competitors will undertake. Do any of the competitions involve gambling? Will there be mini games or just choices? I like the detail in the hair of the princess. I love the style of her mustache when she's in her guy form. When I see the guys' noses it makes me think of snakes(Just the way my mind works). Also the princess' side profile reminds me of a cyclops. If you are going for a mythical people kinda vibe that would be a neat twist on the story. I don't know if you are or not since you will be posting character profiles in the future. Good luck!
Thanks for stopping by :)
No, there will be no gambling in the competition itself. But if you consider he set his own daughter as an award, it may be is some kind of gambling :D
I don´t dare to involve a mini games as this is my first visual novel so answer to your question is - choices.
I´m glad you comment my drawing. About the noses - now I see it too :D or it could be turtle´s nose :) Princess has got very accentuated forehead, that´s true. I can tell, the princess will be expressed in the game only from profile so it´s up to player if he/ she will imagine her as a cyclop :D May be during the creating the game I´ll change my opinion but for now, there will be only her profile. Anyway, mythical people are good idea but now I don´t plan to have any in this story.
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra

Sharane
Regular

#4 Post by Sharane »

Character´s profiles are added :)
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra

ColaCat
Veteran

#5 Post by ColaCat »

If you still need a proofreader I'd be happy to help.

Katta
Veteran
Tumblr: gamesbykatta
Deviantart: katjama

#6 Post by Katta »

The idea is awesome, I just hope she would have a real opportunity to win and that it won't mean not getting any guy.

Sharane
Regular

#7 Post by Sharane »

ColaCat wrote:If you still need a proofreader I'd be happy to help.
Really?! That would be great, thank you :) I will send you a message for discuss it.
Katta wrote:The idea is awesome, I just hope she would have a real opportunity to win and that it won't mean not getting any guy.
I´m glad you like it :) Yes, there is an opportunity to win although it will not be easy to get this end. About getting or not getting guy, you will see ;)
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra

ColaCat
Veteran

#8 Post by ColaCat »

I look forward to hearing from you. :)

daijinahito
Regular
Projects: Siren's Plea & A+ Switch!

#9 Post by daijinahito »

I agree with Katta, I hope she has a chance to really win her own hand, ha ha. That would be an epic ending. I look forward to seeing how this turns out.

Edit: if you need a proofreader send me a PM.

Sharane
Regular

#10 Post by Sharane »

daijinahito wrote:I agree with Katta, I hope she has a chance to really win her own hand, ha ha. That would be an epic ending. I look forward to seeing how this turns out.

Edit: if you need a proofreader send me a PM.
Thank you, ColaCat is already helping me :)
Yep, yep, there will be a chance to win ;)
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra

daijinahito
Regular

#11 Post by daijinahito »

Sharane wrote: Yep, yep, there will be a chance to win ;)
Sounds awesome! ^3^/ I'll be looking forward to that~ Good luck on the project!

Sharane
Regular

#12 Post by Sharane »

The proofreading has just started! Well it doesn´t mean that all writting is done - it really isn´t :lol: but it´s another (and very important) step in makeing this VN so I would like to thank ColaCat who bravely accepted the challenge of correcting my script.

And to daijinahito - thanks for the support :)
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra

daijinahito
Regular

#13 Post by daijinahito »

Sharane wrote:
And to daijinahito - thanks for the support :)
Ha ha, no problem~ I look forward to seeing some script in the future! (Keeps an eye on this thread)

ColaCat
Veteran

#14 Post by ColaCat »

I was more than happy to read the script for you. And a word to anyone who's not sure whether to play this when it comes out; so far the writing is very good!

Sharane
Regular

#15 Post by Sharane »

I have started to write the first task and also some coding is done.
I put here some examples of the pages from the game. Just one note - the name of MC depends on user so for these examples, I used "Sharane" however you can name her like you wish.

Hope you will like it :)
Image Image

Per aspera ad astra