Dear Diary [GxB][Romance/Slice of Life/Self-discovery/Drama]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Windchimes
Veteran
Projects: Reanimation Scheme, Emberfate: Tempest of Elements
Organization: Wind Chimes Games

Dear Diary [GxB][Romance/Slice of Life/Self-discovery/Drama]

#1 Post by Windchimes »

So I'm finally posting this after saying I would like a million times for a month...here goes nothing.
[Logo made by projectotome]
"Have you ever played with those shitty refrigerator magnets as a child? The ones that keep getting stuck to each other, meeting at the edge, but never fit quite right?
Do you remember the way they would attract, then repel each other the next second? That is exactly what it was like with Austin and I."
Breanna and Austin had never been the classic fairy tale couple. They fought...a lot, often over the silliest things. They were opposites in so many ways, yet similar in the important ways that count -- they were both extremely flawed individuals, but they loved each other equally fiercely.

In the aftermath of a devastating breakup, Breanna found herself with the worst homework imaginable for therapy -- writing down her thoughts, feelings and memories in a journal. Reluctantly, Bree struggled with memories she'd rather forget -- the sweet intimate moments, the frustrating painful hours. Slowly, she came to realize that maybe this, along with the help of family and friends, was exactly what she needed to move on.

Join Breanna on her journey as she puts herself back together after the end of her imperfect, but real relationship -- perhaps even learning to grow as a person, be happy with her real self, and to love again.
Length: Estimated at 50k currently (will most likely change)
Narrative/writing style: 1st person narration (Breanna’s POV), with flashbacks and some diary-style of story-telling. Overall tone will be rather light-hearted but will address serious themes/issues in serious ways
Love interests: 2 male love interests
Endings: 5ish endings (with slight variations for some endings based on choices)
CGs: ~10-11 (thanks to the amazing gamerbum)
Sprite art: Lots of hairstyle/outfit variations (yay!)
Price: Free!
[There are three other characters that will be revealed soon. One is Breanna's best friend, Sierra. The other is Kyle, the second love interest. The last one is the therapist.]
[Sprites done by gamerbum (thankyousomuchomg)]
Outline: 100%
Writing: 9/40 scenes
Art: ?? [Sprites 2/5 (not counting hairstyles/outfits), CGs 0/11]
Music: 5%
GUI: Trying to figure out coding for gallery and stuff
(Rough GUI design so far...subject to change)
Image Image
Image Image
I only did the writing, programming and GUI. Basically everything else (art, music, graphics…whatever) are free assets from various sources because I am pathetic at drawing. A million thanks to the kind people who donated their art to creative commons!

Art:
Logo: projectotome
Sprites and CGs: gamerbum
Backgrounds: Various free backgrounds from Creative Commons and other links (Full list of credits for BGs in game)
GUI: Full list of credits for brushes/resources in game

Music: [Not yet decided, definitely free assets though]
Please leave some comments if you have any! This is my first VN project so I’m still rather inexperienced. I’d love to hear any input you have.

Some specific questions I have in mind:
1) Does the story sound interesting so far? Any thoughts on the plot?
2) Do the characters sound interesting? Do you like either of them? Any other comments? (This story is rather character-driven so I'm interested in any opinions you have on the two main characters so far)
3) Would you consider playing this game?
4) Any points of critique or questions?
Thank you for reading if you've read this far <3

19/12/2015: Updated first post with another GUI screenshot (of the settings screen)
26/12/2015: Updated first post with more specific progress for writing (Currently: 2/40 scenes ~8.7k words)
Also increased the CG count and estimated word count
29/12/2015: Updated story description/features a bit
Updated writing progress (Currently 6/40 scenes ~16k words)
7/1/2015: Updated writing progress (Currently 9/40 scenes ~22.8k words)
Detailed updates will mostly be posted on my site at the development blog section (if anyone is interested).
Last edited by Windchimes on Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:46 pm, edited 27 times in total.

Kumiho
Regular
Completed: Lads in Distress NaNo
Projects: The Thousandth Day

Re: Dear Diary [GxB][Romance/Slice of Life/Self-discovery]

#2 Post by Kumiho »

Yesss, I love the story idea! I love how genuine their relationship and the story sound, and it's a unique spin to make the VN resemble a diary. I love how we'll be able to peek at their (now broken) relationship at its peaks, both positive and negative.

2) Do the characters sound interesting? Do you like either of them? Any other comments? (This story is rather character-driven so I'm interested in any opinions you have on the two main characters so far)
Of course! Both characters sound great, and while hyperbolic, they're still very realistic. Regarding Breanna, few people act consistently 24/7 as their moods, days/events, the people around them, etc. change. Breanna may be a hyperbolic version of our daily selves, with her histrionics understandably a result of both acting and personal worries/flaws, but that doesn't keep her from being very relatable. Regarding Austin, well, even if we aren't the smart kid... we all know several kids who are. Some of us are friends with him, others of us are not... but it would be a lie to say we haven't all been attracted to an "Austin" at some point. It sounds like it'll be super fun to learn about their relationship and watch them grow.

Why else I would I comment of course! :)

No, but the background for the gui is so pretty! I love all the extra pins added behind the postit notes, and the newspaper clipping (?) of Breanna is pretty cool!

Agashi
Regular
Completed: Celestial Crossing, This My Soul
Projects: Queen's Crown
Organization: Code: Silk
Tumblr: queenscrownvn
itch: agashi

#3 Post by Agashi »

- Yes it does! I'm really intrigued by games that explore existing relationships between characters, because there's so much interesting stuff that happens in life after the honeymoon phase is over. Most games, by necessity, can't touch on that aspect so it'll be very cool to play one that revolves entirely around it.

- Breanna sounds like the type of person I can't stand in real life :lol: but that's okay! It just means she has a personality and flaws. I feel kind of sorry for Austin, for having to put up with her drama, but it makes me wonder how they ended up dating in the first place when they have such opposing personalities? But I'm getting ahead of myself... :mrgreen: I'm sure that'll be explored in the game.

Absolutely! Aside from the story, I really love the art and what you've done for the GUI. The logo is super cute!

- There are some typos/missing words in your character descriptions up above. Under Breanna, you have "...picked from a wide variety of ____ with an impressive drive for..." I would give the whole thing a once-over for grammar, but other than that, everything sounds great! Consider finding a good proofreader for the finished game once it's all written, and I think this will turn out just lovely :wink: Good luck!
Current Projects:

Image [GxB][Fantasy][Drama][Romance] Play the demo here!

Image [GxB][Sci Fi][Romance][Drama] Nanoreno '17 winner! Now COMPLETE!

Proud writer of Celestial Crossing! [Fantasy][SoL][High School][BxG] COMPLETE!

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by gekiganwing »

Windchimes wrote:Breanna and Austin had never been the classic fairy tale couple. They fought...a lot, often over the silliest things. They were opposites in so many ways, yet similar in the important ways that count -- they were both extremely flawed individuals, but they loved each other equally fiercely. ... Join Breanna on the bittersweet journey of her crazy, far from perfect...but real relationship, from start to finish.
This sounds like an interesting foundation for a story. I appreciate how it's clear up front that the characters will have flaws, strengths, hobbies, and conflicts. That said, I'm curious how the story will progress toward multiple endings. I assume it will address the basic question "Will these two people become a couple?" Will it address any other topics or themes?
Windchimes wrote: 1) Does the story sound interesting so far? Any thoughts on the plot?
Your story could take place during a specific year, or in a specific town. If that's your plan, then think about how to portray the setting. However, that's not necessary -- it could occur in a vague "present day" setting in Anytown USA, or another nation.
Windchimes wrote: 2) Do the characters sound interesting? Do you like either of them?
It's interesting to read that Breanna sometimes doesn't know who she is. I believe that you're trying to portray her as a person who's struggling with her identity. Perhaps at least one of the endings will involve her having an insight into what sort of person she is, and what she wants to achieve.

Windchimes
Veteran

#5 Post by Windchimes »

Thank you for all the comments! <3 I really appreciate that you took the time to leave some feedback IwassonervousomgIfeelbetternowxD

@Kumiho

Eek thanks for the first comment <3 I'm glad you like the story idea <3 I hope the final product doesn't disappoint lol xD I'm especially happy you liked the characters...I was worried they would be too flawed for anyone (except myself) to be interested in them Yep. Guilty as charged. I've been into a smart kid before LOL

God the newspaper clipping part took me FOREVER. I had to also actually write out the newspaper article line by line (because otherwise the line spacing in between each line keeps getting messed up so I gave up and just wrote it one line at a time holy crap). But I'm glad someone found it cool...totally worth all the pain and effort xD

@Agashi

Thank you so much for the feedback :D
1) That's exactly where I got the inspiration for this VN actually xD I was just reading another romance novel that ended after the main couple got together, and I was like to myself "But what happens after it fades to black after the MC and her love interest starts dating and apparently lives happily ever after?" So I wanted to try something different and came up with this. I'm really glad that you think it's interesting too to explore an existing relationship :D (especially a dramatically trying one xD)

2) LOL To be honest, I wouldn't want to be friends with Breanna either irl. But if it helps, she has a lot of redeeming qualities that show at certain points of the story, which is why Austin fell for her. (Andyouknowwhattheysayaboutoppositesattract) I won't give away too much about how/why they got together, but it will be explored in some pre-relationship flashback scenes in the VN.

3) I'm glad you're interested in playing it! :D And ikr the the art/logo is so pretty xD I'm really lucky to find the amazing artists who were willing to help me out for free, because I couldn't afford commissions or draw myself xD Yay thanks for the positive comment on the GUI. I spent so many painstaking hours on it (with a lot of help from tutorials/resources) because I'm never naturally good at art/design LOL

4) ...Oh god. Wow. That's embarrassing...how did I miss that x_x I had to do the description for the char profiles line by line because otherwise I can't seem to make the line spacing work correctly so that each line of text would be on top of each of the blue lines. I did Austin's first then just duplicated the whole group and edited it line by line into Breanna's profile so...I completely skipped seeing that line from Austin's profile and forgot to change it LOL Thank you so much for catching it! I updated it just now, and quickly read through it, but let me know if I missed anything (I'mstillreallysleepy). And yup I'm hopefully getting a proofreader (maybe editor) for the VN to proofread everything. Thanks for the vote of confidence xD I hope the final product doesn't disappoint.

@gekiganwing

Thank you so much for the feedback! :D

Ahh yes you're right, at first I was actually planning to make this a KN. But then I came up with a feature/an idea that could make it into a VN with multiple endings and hopefully portray the story better too (but we'll see, it might be a total flop D: xD) But anyways, yes, that basic question will be addressed in the end. There's also other questions/themes that will be addressed in the endings like...will she learn to still be open to love after this relationship crashing and burning? Will she learn more about herself after everything and find the courage to be herself and be happy with herself? Stuff like that.
(Also, I originally planned for a very minor second romance route at the very end, but I've been writing and this character is starting to grow on me...so he might get bumped up to a main char as well, and he will be one of the endings).
But anyways, I think for this VN, the focus on the multiple endings will be much less. The reason for this is I want the focus to be on the process, the journey of Breanna's healing and self-discovery -- her struggles, the one step forward two steps backwards moments. I'm not sure if my explanation makes sense xD

1) I actually do plan on making it in a fictional town in USA in a specific year (or rather, years, since the flashbacks will be from like a 5 year timespan). I will be careful about the portrayal of the setting, thank you for the suggestion :D

2) That is close to what I have planned! I mean, romance is one of the genres/main themes of this story, but her self-discovery is also a major theme, so that will definitely be addressed in at least one ending.

Once again thank you all for the feedback and interest. I'm really happy that people actually find this project interesting xD I'll be posting updates whenever I can (in case anyone is interested LOL)

ibukichan
Regular
Completed: Project E.A.R.T.H. [NaNo '15]
Projects: A Step Ahead, Deadhead, Jinsei no Mondai
itch: aikosakana

Re: Dear Diary [GxB][Romance/Slice of Life/Self-discovery/Dr

#6 Post by ibukichan »

Yayy, you posted it!!

It definitely does! I like the fact that it isn't your typical fairy tale love story, and I'm really looking forward to seeing where it goes! :D

I love the characters! I like that the protagonist isn't just a standard blank-slate vn protagonist, and her constantly-changing personality really grabs my interest! I also really like Austin, but the words of explanation won't come to me rn xD

Yesssss!! I'm really looking forward to it! <3

No questions at the moment~ but I really like the arts! The sprites are nice, I like the art style; I also /really/ like the GUI!

Windchimes
Veteran

#7 Post by Windchimes »

@ibukichan

Sorry for the late reply >< Been busy with Christmas stuff + working on the VN!
Thanks for the comment (yesIfinallyposteditafterforeverxD) Eee I'm glad you like it. <3 I wasn't sure if people would enjoy a story about a...more dysfunctional relationship rather than the classic fluffy sweet otome relationship xD

Updates:
Revamped outline because one minor char is getting bumped up to a major character instead so now he's going to be the second possible love interest. The sprite art isn't done though, but when it is I'll update the first post with his sprite + profile.
Artist is taking a break for Christmas (and I'll probably be busy as well) so not much will be done most likely. Will get a more accurate count of scenes up in the progress part of the first post asap so I can update the count of written scenes rather than estimate a %.
Main menu screen is actually done! But waiting on some chibi art for the main menu before posting a screenshot here.

Anyways Merry Christmas everyone!

Windchimes
Veteran

#8 Post by Windchimes »

So…quick update.

Been working on a website thingy with a development blog there where I'll be posting updates (in case anyone is ever interested), though it's also for me to keep track of my progress to see if I need to pick up the pace and stuff. It's not finished yet (missing the header image, I'm waiting on the artist to finish the sprites because I'll probably use the sprites in the header image), but yeah. Take a look if you have time! http://windchimes.vnovel.com/

Anyways, since I have no life, I spent Christmas just writing some scenes. So far, I’ve finished 2 scenes. All thanks to Kumiho (who is nice enough to put up with my rambling and help me proofread/edit these scenes even on Christmas lol)! Now I’m just scripting in the SFX and BGM, and working on some graphics (items) for the scenes. I haven’t scripted in the sprites yet though, since I’m waiting on them to be fully done first.

Quick post of statistics:
The game contains 494 dialogue blocks, containing 8,780 words and 45,681
characters, for an average of 17.8 words and 92 characters per block.

The game contains 2 menus, 5 images, and 14 screens.
(2 scenes and already almost 9k words…Granted, they are supposed to be my favorite scenes -aka longest ones-, but I really doubt the whole thing is going to end up 40k words at this rate lol)

On that note, I’ve counted the number of scenes in the outline, and so far there should be around 40 scenes. I’ll probably change the progress part of writing to be a more specific (no. of scenes written) out of (no. of total scenes).

So yeah. Sorry, it’s not a very exciting update. xD Hopefully I’ll have more screenshots/art to post soon.

Windchimes
Veteran

#9 Post by Windchimes »

I forgot to update this for a while xD Mostly just been posting updates on my blog.

Anyways!

First off, I finally finished the NVL textbox. The screenshot will be added to first post in a second. There’s also a preliminary new feature — timeline screen (still in tentative coding stage so if I can’t make it work this feature might be scrapped). This button will be available at (almost) all times during the story since there are a huge amount of time skips and flashbacks. During any scene, whenever you click on the button, the timeline screen will pop up and show you the timeline of the story, the events/scenes in their chronological order on the timeline, and highlight the current scene you’re on in the timeline. Before you unlock the scenes, the scene title will only show up as ??, but the correct scene title will be displayed after you’ve reached that scene. [More details on this feature will be given later] Would be great if anyone could give any feedback on this feature!

As for new statistics...
The game contains 1,491 dialogue blocks, containing 22,829 words and 119,938
characters, for an average of 15.3 words and 80 characters per block.

The game contains 6 menus, 32 images, and 17 screens.

Windchimes
Veteran

#10 Post by Windchimes »

Quick update! Bree's sprite is finished, yay! Lots of hairstyle and outfit changes in a LOT of scenes, so her sprite will never get dull during the game (hopefully)! xD
Thank you again to the amazing artist gamerbum <3

Here are some actual in-game screenshots to show off Bree's different look in different scenes.

A bit late for Christmas but here:

Probably going to be her new default look. I'll update the sprite of her description in the first post to this.

gamerbum
Regular
Projects: Our Lovely Escape, Mizari Loves Company
Organization: Reine Works
Tumblr: reineworks

#11 Post by gamerbum »

Windchimes wrote:Quick update! Bree's sprite is finished, yay! Lots of hairstyle and outfit changes in a LOT of scenes, so her sprite will never get dull during the game (hopefully)! xD
Thank you again to the amazing artist gamerbum <3

Here are some actual in-game screenshots to show off Bree's different look in different scenes.

A bit late for Christmas but here:

Probably going to be her new default look. I'll update the sprite of her description in the first post to this.
LOL You chose my favorite hairstyle and my favorite outfit as the probably new default look. :D I'm glad those ones are being used!

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#12 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

I've never been in a romantic relationship before, but this seems interesting. Having to write down your thoughts about something so personal must be painful, but might also help Breanna let go of her painful memories, or accept them.

Breanna seems like your typical drama queen. Being in a relationship - platonic or otherwise - with her, seems like it would either be frustrating because of how often her personality changes, or really fun.

Austin seems like a perfect guy: smart, down-to-earth, good looks, and seems to be a good listener. The only downside is how he might appear cold, and insensitive as you have said. People who are too analytical and pragmatic tend to give off that impression.

I like both Austin and Breanna. Though they seem completely different, they say opposites attract, which might be why they got together in the first place.

I am actually very eager to play this game. Though it is about a girl writing down her feelings about a break up, and a guy who she used to date, and it seems a bit depressing, it also seems worthwhile to play it. I am curious about her thoughts about Austin and their relationship, and how my choices effect the endings.

Well, that is really all I have to say. I am looking forward to playing the completed game in the future~

Windchimes
Veteran

#13 Post by Windchimes »

gamerbum wrote:LOL You chose my favorite hairstyle and my favorite outfit as the probably new default look. :D I'm glad those ones are being used!
LOL Well there's a reason why they're your favorite. They go really well together and just looks adorable xD Thank you so much again <3

@ VocaloidsRCool

Thank you so much for taking the time to read through the messy/long first post and posting a reply <3 It means a lot to me.

VocaloidsRCool wrote:Breanna seems like your typical drama queen. Being in a relationship - platonic or otherwise - with her, seems like it would either be frustrating because of how often her personality changes, or really fun.
Haha, spot on. I think Austin would say it's both. xD She helps him loosen up and have fun, but she also frustrates him.
VocaloidsRCool wrote:Austin seems like a perfect guy: smart, down-to-earth, good looks, and seems to be a good listener. The only downside is how he might appear cold, and insensitive as you have said. People who are too analytical and pragmatic tend to give off that impression.
LOL On paper he does sound perfect. Though in some flashback scenes in the story, we explore his not-so-perfect-boyfriend side. I love his character, but he's definitely not blameless in why this relationship failed. (At least that's what I'm trying to portray ;_;)
VocaloidsRCool wrote:I like both Austin and Breanna. Though they seem completely different, they say opposites attract, which might be why they got together in the first place.
I'm really glad you like them! I was worried because I know I listed a lot of their flaws, and I didn't want their flaws to turn people off about these characters before they really gave them a shot. And opposites attract is certainly one of the reasons ;)
VocaloidsRCool wrote:I am actually very eager to play this game. Though it is about a girl writing down her feelings about a break up, and a guy who she used to date, and it seems a bit depressing, it also seems worthwhile to play it. I am curious about her thoughts about Austin and their relationship, and how my choices effect the endings.
I'm glad you are interested in playing this <3 If everything goes well, I should have a demo out in a month or two (hopefully before Nano, because I'll be working on Nano then).
God the synopsis does sound depressing doesn't it...I promise, the actual game isn't actually depressing. xD My style of writing leans more towards dramatic comedy, so while yes there will be some difficult depressing scenes because Bree is going through a break up so of course she's going to be upset, there will also be a lot of happy (or dare I say funny) scenes, because half of the flashbacks that Bree writes about in her journals are happy, sweet scenes from their relationship. (After all, at least from personal experience, I'd say after a relationship ends, it's not the sad moments that make you cry the most, but the happy ones, because they remind you what you once had and won't have again.)
Moreover, there will be a lot of positivity in this VN because Bree will have her family and friends there to support her through the breakup. The relationship between Bree and Austin is one main focus of the story, definitely, because I want to explore a relationship that fails because of the couple's flaws, not because of their lack of love. There are also other main themes of the story, one of which is the importance of family/friends. Very often in romance VNs the family and friends just...disappear xD But the bond between family and friends is something I also want to explore, so there are some heart-warming scenes planned.
Last but not least, there's also a second love interest, so there will be even more romantic sweet scenes, yay! xD

Sorry for the ramble. TL;DR: Serious issues, e.g. her personal issues/flaws, devastation over the breakup and therapy will be dealt with seriously and it will have a somewhat depressing tone, but there will be plenty of happy heartwarming scenes to balance it out because just because the relationship is over doesn't mean her life (with family and friends and new potential love interests) is.

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#14 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

Windchimes wrote:
gamerbum wrote:LOL You chose my favorite hairstyle and my favorite outfit as the probably new default look. :D I'm glad those ones are being used!
LOL Well there's a reason why they're your favorite. They go really well together and just looks adorable xD Thank you so much again <3

@ VocaloidsRCool

Thank you so much for taking the time to read through the messy/long first post and posting a reply <3 It means a lot to me.

VocaloidsRCool wrote:Breanna seems like your typical drama queen. Being in a relationship - platonic or otherwise - with her, seems like it would either be frustrating because of how often her personality changes, or really fun.
Haha, spot on. I think Austin would say it's both. xD She helps him loosen up and have fun, but she also frustrates him.
VocaloidsRCool wrote:Austin seems like a perfect guy: smart, down-to-earth, good looks, and seems to be a good listener. The only downside is how he might appear cold, and insensitive as you have said. People who are too analytical and pragmatic tend to give off that impression.
LOL On paper he does sound perfect. Though in some flashback scenes in the story, we explore his not-so-perfect-boyfriend side. I love his character, but he's definitely not blameless in why this relationship failed. (At least that's what I'm trying to portray ;_;)
VocaloidsRCool wrote:I like both Austin and Breanna. Though they seem completely different, they say opposites attract, which might be why they got together in the first place.
I'm really glad you like them! I was worried because I know I listed a lot of their flaws, and I didn't want their flaws to turn people off about these characters before they really gave them a shot. And opposites attract is certainly one of the reasons ;)
VocaloidsRCool wrote:I am actually very eager to play this game. Though it is about a girl writing down her feelings about a break up, and a guy who she used to date, and it seems a bit depressing, it also seems worthwhile to play it. I am curious about her thoughts about Austin and their relationship, and how my choices effect the endings.
I'm glad you are interested in playing this <3 If everything goes well, I should have a demo out in a month or two (hopefully before Nano, because I'll be working on Nano then).
God the synopsis does sound depressing doesn't it...I promise, the actual game isn't actually depressing. xD My style of writing leans more towards dramatic comedy, so while yes there will be some difficult depressing scenes because Bree is going through a break up so of course she's going to be upset, there will also be a lot of happy (or dare I say funny) scenes, because half of the flashbacks that Bree writes about in her journals are happy, sweet scenes from their relationship. (After all, at least from personal experience, I'd say after a relationship ends, it's not the sad moments that make you cry the most, but the happy ones, because they remind you what you once had and won't have again.)
Moreover, there will be a lot of positivity in this VN because Bree will have her family and friends there to support her through the breakup. The relationship between Bree and Austin is one main focus of the story, definitely, because I want to explore a relationship that fails because of the couple's flaws, not because of their lack of love. There are also other main themes of the story, one of which is the importance of family/friends. Very often in romance VNs the family and friends just...disappear xD But the bond between family and friends is something I also want to explore, so there are some heart-warming scenes planned.
Last but not least, there's also a second love interest, so there will be even more romantic sweet scenes, yay! xD

Sorry for the ramble. TL;DR: Serious issues, e.g. her personal issues/flaws, devastation over the breakup and therapy will be dealt with seriously and it will have a somewhat depressing tone, but there will be plenty of happy heartwarming scenes to balance it out because just because the relationship is over doesn't mean her life (with family and friends and new potential love interests) is.
I really am looking forward to playing this game~ I almost forgot about the other love interest, but I can't wait to meet him! It's good to know that it will be light-hearted and funny, but serious when it needs to be. I truly feel that I will enjoy playing this~

Windchimes
Veteran

#15 Post by Windchimes »

So it's been a while since I've updated this thread >< Mostly because I'm busy with planning for NaNoRenO. Yep, joining NaNo with a friend this year. Soooo, you guys should keep an eye out for that. Wink wink. xD

I haven't made much progress with writing, but more art has been completed! Here's a screenshot to show off Austin's finished sprite!

Unfortunately I'll probably wait till the remaining sprites are done before revealing the last three characters. Hopefully that will be soon! I'm excited for you guys to hear about the second love interest (Kyle) and the best friend (Sierra).

Other than that, not much news, sorry. Though I am currently planning to release a demo March-ish? Or whenever the sprites are done. Most of the scenes for the demo are already written, just have to actually do stuff like add in BGM and SFX and polish the writing. Though idk, would anyone be interested in a demo? xD I mainly just want to get some feedback to see if the scenes feel too long, if the characters are interesting...etc.

Anyways, thanks for reading! xD

----

@ VocaloidsRCool
(Sorry for the extremely late reply.) Thank you so much <3 It really makes me happy to hear when other people are interested in my chars and want to read DD. I hope the end result won't disappoint you. xD