Twinkled Night [Slice of Life, Drama, Fantasy]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

Twinkled Night [Slice of Life, Drama, Fantasy]

#1 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

"He has everything in that nothingness. Shining like a star in that empty space"

Different seasons, different people, different times, different stories.
Yet, the one they met is the same child. He who smiles.

The child has a lot of imaginative stories to tell, bordering the impossible, but they listen.
Somehow that made everything okay.
Plot :
Twinkled Night is telling stories about different people and experiences, but all of them met the same little boy. The boy who will change their lives.

Team :
Writers : Yuuki , Mikaii , Hazel-Bun
Artists : Linka08 (Sprite, GUI) , Yuuki (Backgrounds)

We're still looking for writers, programmer and composer!

Feedback
The story will be featuring a lot of different kind of characters and stories for each chapter. We'd like to hear what kind of story/what topic should we bring up in the game. For example, the first chapter will be featuring a widow who'd love to have a child and her struggles throughout the years. While the second chapter is telling about a man and his problem with life and work.
Our goal is to bring up stories that can reach out to a lot of people, so we're open for new ideas!

1. What do you think about the GUI?
2. Do you prefer clean colored backgrounds or painted-style?
3. What do you think if we put different endings for each chapter, but in the end they're still similar?

The art shown below are examples, so the finished ones might be different.
We'll post our progress here in near future!
Sprite Update
Image Image

Screenshots

Last edited by YuukiCrossPudding on Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:49 am, edited 10 times in total.

mitoky
Veteran
Projects: The Purring Demon's Love, circus eterie

Re: Twinkled Night [Slice of Life, Drama]

#2 Post by mitoky »

This seems really interessting! Will keep an eye out for updates.
I wish you good luck! ^^

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#3 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

This looks like it will be really good! I don't think I can help you with the ideas, as I honestly only look for romance in vn's, and I'm not sure everyone can relate to falling in love, because not everyone has done it. By the way, the boy in the screenshot is super adorable~ I wish I had a son like that! XD Good luck on this project. ^_^

linka08
Tumblr: rikalinka
Deviantart: linka08

#4 Post by linka08 »

@itozuuu thank you! <3

@VocaloidsRCool thanks! :D oh i see actually we want to add a romance story : )
and thank you! <3

linka08
Tumblr: rikalinka
Deviantart: linka08

#5 Post by linka08 »

yay done the main character's sprite!
this is the gif for the expressions

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?

#6 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

Updated the main post c:
We're also recruiting programmer, writer and proofreader position for Twinkled Night!

Quick Questions :
1. What do you think about the GUI?
2. Do you prefer clean colored backgrounds or painted-style?
3. Will you continue playing the VN, if each chapter feature different stories that didn't have connection with other chapters?
4. What do you think if we put different endings for each chapter, but in the end they're still similar? (ex : Getting a job ending, Getting a job but with low-payment ending, Getting a job but 10 months later ending)

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#7 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

Sorry that I couldn't couldn't come up with a love story. After reading that you need one, I tried to, but I guess I have writer's block. The little boy is very cute though. I seriously wish I could adopt him! <3 <3 <3

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

@VocaloidsRCool That's fine, if you have any ideas later just tell us, if it's possible we'll try to implement them into the story! and thank you, he's soo cute right? I love his not-too-chubby cheeks! :lol:

and GUI update from Linka08! (unfortunately the BG is just a template, I can't make BG to save my life) :cry:

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#9 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

I got it! You're probably going to say no to this one, but if the player could interact with the boy at the end, be the last person they meet, maybe the player could be a younger person and wander with the boy because she was an orphan who decided to follow the boy, since she had nowhere else to go?

I know it's a bad idea, but it's your fault for making the boy so freakin' cute~ I usually wouldn't even post an idea like this, but I thought, why not give it a shot, and if it gets in the game, okay, if not, that's okay too.

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

VocaloidsRCool wrote:I got it! You're probably going to say no to this one, but if the player could interact with the boy at the end, be the last person they meet, maybe the player could be a younger person and wander with the boy because she was an orphan who decided to follow the boy, since she had nowhere else to go?

I know it's a bad idea, but it's your fault for making the boy so freakin' cute~ I usually wouldn't even post an idea like this, but I thought, why not give it a shot, and if it gets in the game, okay, if not, that's okay too.
That's a great idea actually! To implement the player as a character in the story, we'll try to see what we can make from that idea. We've made a plot before that includes a girl that runs away from her home (not an orphan, but similar somehow), thanks for the suggestions!

VocaloidsRCool
Veteran

#11 Post by VocaloidsRCool »

YuukiCrossPudding wrote:
VocaloidsRCool wrote:I got it! You're probably going to say no to this one, but if the player could interact with the boy at the end, be the last person they meet, maybe the player could be a younger person and wander with the boy because she was an orphan who decided to follow the boy, since she had nowhere else to go?

That's a great idea actually! To implement the player as a character in the story, we'll try to see what we can make from that idea. We've made a plot before that includes a girl that runs away from her home (not an orphan, but similar somehow), thanks for the suggestions!
You are welcome! This is going to be a great game, I just know it~

Reikun
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mnemonic Devices, Ciikos Bridge, Helena's Flowers, The Madness
Projects: Fox in the Hollyhocks
Organization: skyharborr
itch: skyharborr

#12 Post by Reikun »

I'm curious if the MC changes for every story? Is this game like a collection of short stories/vignettes with the boy character in common? However it's done it sounds interesting to me.

1. What do you think about the GUI? I like it! Love the star theme and the simplicity of the text in-game/choice menu.
2. Do you prefer clean colored backgrounds or painted-style? I think this could work well with either (painted bgs might match the sprite more but cleaner bgs might help make the sprite stand out more). If bgs are still difficult to do, I would shoot for the method that will make it easier to complete the project :) You can always improve for the next time you do bgs.
3. What do you think if we put different endings for each chapter, but in the end they're still similar? I think this is fine as long as the story/choices that lead up to the variant endings make sense.

Hope this is still being worked on :O What you guys have so far looks very good!
ImageImageImage

fastest way to contact me: DM @skyharborr on twitter

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran

#13 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

Updated the main post, Linka just finished the first sprite for the first story!
Next we're going to finish some BGs and the rest of GUIs for additional features for the game.
Reikun wrote:I'm curious if the MC changes for every story? Is this game like a collection of short stories/vignettes with the boy character in common? However it's done it sounds interesting to me.
Yes, they're not actually the MC for the whole part of the game, but they're the MC of their own story. The game will have many short stories that includes the boy as an important factor in the MCs life. Later on it'll have another separate part that will explain about the boy itself in more details.

Thank you I'm so glad to hear that!
We're still working on this, but in a slow pace and aiming to finish at least one or two chapter first x"D

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Twinkled Night [Slice of Life, Drama, Fantasy]

#14 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

Another update for the GUI. What do you guys think of it?

We're progressing too slow, but hopefully we'll pick up more pace soon and complete the necessary assets! Also we're still recruiting, so if anyone is interested don't be afraid to PM me or comment here!

Plueschkatze
Regular
Tumblr: Plueschkatzeart
Deviantart: Plueschkatze
itch: Plueschkatze

Re: Twinkled Night [Slice of Life, Drama, Fantasy]

#15 Post by Plueschkatze »

Wow I really love the character art!
And the title screen is beautiful, too.

The basic idea sounds pretty interesting, too. I think I'll keep an eye on this one :)
Social Media:
Twitter | Itch.io | Patreon