Summer Sweethearts[GXB;Nonblood siblings,short-length;light]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
mitsukeru73
Regular
Completed: Daisuki Da Yo - In spring
Projects: Summer Sweethearts;The Lagoon; Cinderlla Cage

Summer Sweethearts[GXB;Nonblood siblings,short-length;light]

#1 Post by mitsukeru73 »

Story plot: Sayuri Aichi is not in a good mood, her mother remarried a month ago to another man, so she now has 3 stepbrothers! She has to live with them for the summer break but when she gets home, Itsuki told her that Mom and dad went out on a vacation for the whole summer break ! What?! That means she has to live with 3 step-brothers that are like totally strangers to her?!

* Sayuri Aichi actually should write as "Aichi Sayuri" in "last name-first name" format, but I change it to English "first name-last name" format to avoid confusion.

Meet the guys!

Itsuki- He is kinda like a NPC in the demo....

Yamato- Tsundere lazy boy.

Kaito- A little bad and perverted...

And our protagonist - Sayuri !

Click below to download the demo!

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/downlo ... p?id=29774

after playing the demo, can you give me some suggestions and feedbacks?

- Should Itsuki have more scenes in the future completed version?

- Which character do you like the most?

- Do you like the music?

- Should I give the game a few custumize touch such as text box etc?

-Any other suggestions and feedbacks?

The project is 80% done and it would be great to have a CG artist to draw some pretty CGs for the game and some voice actors for it too. if you want to join the project, please pm me.Image
Last edited by mitsukeru73 on Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

sonorousgem
Regular

Re: Summer Sweethearts[Otome][Romance][Non-blood siblings][D

#2 Post by sonorousgem »

Hi! I just played your other game and when I saw this one had a demo, I thought I'd try it out too! ^.^
This one was nice too, it had the same feel as the other one~

In response to your questions:
Yaaassss. I liked him. He seemed like the nicest guy. And it didn't seem like he did much this time around. I also felt like Kaito got a little less screen time then he should have as well. Yamato was in the spotlight~!
- Which character do you like the most?
Uhh.... Itsuki I guess? He's probably the one I would most get along with in real life (as if these kinds of people really exist! XD), but Yamato is cool too.
- Do you like the music?
Yes! It is very appropriate and light and nice. My only complaint would be that some tunes are softer than others, but I don't know how to change that in a game.
Hm... I don't think it necessarily needs it, but it definitely could look better! The menu screen could also use some more customization in my opinion.
- Any other suggestions and feedbacks?
Actually, yes!
1) There are a lot of grammar mistakes/things you might want to change. A lot of words that should be capitalized are not, and there are some noticeable typos here and there. If you'd like me to point them out, let me know :)
2) Sayuri's sprite sometimes moves when it shouldn't XD
3) The characters are all very cute, but they don't seem to have much depth or development to them in the demo. It's kind of like they're all living without a real care in the world, which stretches it just a bit too far from reality for me. It is very much like anime characters, so I'll give you that. I understand if that's what you're aiming for, and if so you should go for it, but I still think the characters could be a lot more relatable.
4) Do the choices
all end up the same way? I was kind of expecting different outcomes. Do I get to know if my choices were good or bad?
It looks like this will be another cute game! :3 I'll let you know if I can help you out somehow.

mitsukeru73
Regular

#3 Post by mitsukeru73 »

sonorousgem wrote: In response to your questions:
Yaaassss. I liked him. He seemed like the nicest guy. And it didn't seem like he did much this time around. I also felt like Kaito got a little less screen time then he should have as well. Yamato was in the spotlight~!
Yep, Itsuki is the sweet , gentle, nice guy. I always feel bad that I didn't give him enough scene and made him into a NPC (sorry Itsuki~~), I'll add more scenes to the completed version.
Heeheeh, Yamato was the spotlight boy~~ Eh...it turns out this way because I can't get enough ideas for the romance scenes T.T I deal with my inner conflict all day with the guilty feeling for Itsuki and Kaito...But they would have more in the completed version, or Kaito and Itsuki would haunt me in my dream ....
- Do you like the music?
Yes! It is very appropriate and light and nice. My only complaint would be that some tunes are softer than others, but I don't know how to change that in a game.
I'm glad that you like the music, the music in the first episode is more upbeat than the rest of the background music. However, you can click perference, then you'll see the volume option.

Hm... I don't think it necessarily needs it, but it definitely could look better! The menu screen could also use some more customization in my opinion.
This is the text box that I was going to use, but I didn't because it didn't really fit as I wanted, but I'll try to make it work.
Textbox.png
Pretty~~~

- Any other suggestions and feedbacks?
Actually, yes!
1) There are a lot of grammar mistakes/things you might want to change. A lot of words that should be capitalized are not, and there are some noticeable typos here and there. If you'd like me to point them out, let me know :)
Sorry, proofreadin is my weak point because I was unpatient and grammar is my Achilles heel, please point them out for me ^-^
And I'll read over the script carefully before I release the completed version.
2) Sayuri's sprite sometimes moves when it shouldn't XD
sorry, will fix that problem.
3) The characters are all very cute, but they don't seem to have much depth or development to them in the demo. It's kind of like they're all living without a real care in the world, which stretches it just a bit too far from reality for me. It is very much like anime characters, so I'll give you that. I understand if that's what you're aiming for, and if so you should go for it, but I still think the characters could be a lot more relatable.
Thank you so much for this advice! I feel as if I was enlightened by you, no kidding! That's exactly what my game lacks. I admit that is one of my weak points. I will pay more attention to character development and you really inspires me on that one!
4) Do the choices
all end up the same way? I was kind of expecting different outcomes. Do I get to know if my choices were good or bad?
It looks like this will be another cute game! :3 I'll let you know if I can help you out somehow.
No matter which choice you make, the plot will goes on before the final part (Kinda like Diabolik Lovers, where MC still gets stabbed no matter what choices she makes but it'll affect the ending and a final part of the route would be customized and different). But that doesn't mean that those choices are meaningless, different choices have different points and the points will affect the ending.

A simple example:

Choices A and B both lead to C.
C lead to D.
D:
if the player choose A
then blah blah......etc
if the player choose B
then blah blah....etc

Again, thank you for spening your time playing the demo and give so much greate feedbacks! ^u^

fiarose12

#4 Post by fiarose12 »

Hello! I just finished playing the demo.
- Should Itsuki have more scenes in the future completed version? Yes! I really liked him! Maybe he can have a route in the future? I would love to play that!

- Which character do you like the most? Yamato, definitely...but I love most tsunderes! I also love how he's drawn.

- Do you like the music? It's okay.

- Should I give the game a few custumize touch such as text box etc? I like the text boxes themselves, but maybe make the options on the bottom more noticeable? Also, the start page. It would be cool if a CG artist could redesign that.

-Any other suggestions and feedbacks? Well, the demo and the chapters are definitely short. From what I could tell, there's no major storyline or big plot...but that's just from the demo. I would like a more complex story and longer chapters (I don't know if you have that in the full version?) and maybe another route. I know that's asking for a lot, lol, but I love the game concept. And, of course, you definitely need CGs. There were also some grammar mistakes, but I'm a manga proofreader, so I would be willing to help you out, if you want to! PM me (or I'll PM you) and we can work out details.

mitsukeru73
Regular

#5 Post by mitsukeru73 »

fiarose12 wrote:Hello! I just finished playing the demo.
- Should Itsuki have more scenes in the future completed version? Yes! I really liked him! Maybe he can have a route in the future? I would love to play that!
I added more lines for Itsuki, but unforunately, he would not have a route....
But who knows, I'll see if I have tme this weekend to work it out since it seems a lot of people likes Itsuki. And I'll contact the voice actor too to discuss about it.
- Should I give the game a few custumize touch such as text box etc? I like the text boxes themselves, but maybe make the options on the bottom more noticeable? Also, the start page. It would be cool if a CG artist could redesign that.
I don't have a CG artist, although I'm good at drawing, my ability is limited because I don't have a drawing tablet so I have to draw with a mouse...T_T

But I'll try my best to find one...(not much hope though, cuz it's unpaid......)

If I can't...I'll still try my best.

since I plan to release the game at end of september or the begining of October, so there is a lot of time, so I guess I can draw with a mouse if I really can't find a CG artist......

-Any other suggestions and feedbacks? Well, the demo and the chapters are definitely short. From what I could tell, there's no major storyline or big plot...but that's just from the demo. I would like a more complex story and longer chapters (I don't know if you have that in the full version?) and maybe another route. I know that's asking for a lot, lol, but I love the game concept. And, of course, you definitely need CGs. There were also some grammar mistakes, but I'm a manga proofreader, so I would be willing to help you out, if you want to! PM me (or I'll PM you) and we can work out details.
Yes, the completed version will have a more smooth storyplot and the characters will be more developed in their personalities .
Wow, manga proofreader? that sounds so awesome~~~
It would be great if you would help me with it, I'll pm you later this week. ^_^

mitsukeru73
Regular

Re: Summer Sweethearts[Romance;Nonblood siblings]Update new

#6 Post by mitsukeru73 »

cg_k_2.1.jpg
cg_y_2.1.jpg

New Progress!

Here are two of the CGs .

And also, the game will have a cute custom game cursor. ^u^ There will also be a small special gift package in each game archive with some cute cursors.
kawaii cursors.png
kawaii cursors.png (26.58 KiB) Viewed 1828 times