Rat Happening (short mystery story)

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
foreverapril

Rat Happening (short mystery story)

#1 Post by foreverapril »

Hi! I am foreverapril, and I am glad to present Rat Happening, a short visual novelish interactive story about premonition, waiting, and random(?) encounters.
Here is my short pitch for the game:

In our daily lives, we are surrounded with stories. Yet we brush against them, cast them a sideways glance and hurry on past. In the safety of our homes, we can speculate about a fragment of a story we saw in the street, but when we actually get a chance to become part of it we often elect to remain bystanders. And even if we do get involved, we never get to witness the story from beginning to end.
Rat Happening will not tell you the entire story, nor will it put you in the center of the stage. But it will give you a chance to relive the moment. Maybe changing your path can somehow affect what is happening and help you decide what to make of it.

You can download Rat Happening here: This is the full game, not a demo, and the reason I am posting it here is because I believe it could do with some additional testing, and I would also appreciate any feedback you guys provide.
A particular concern, being a non-native English speaker, is the writing. So if you come across any mistakes or odd turns of phrase, please let me know. (Rat Happening is actually a translation of an earlier game I made with ONScripter, and translating stories has proven to be a bigger challenge for me than writing them from scratch.)

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the game -- and are patient enough to see all the endings and shed some light on what's going on!
Attachments
screen3.jpg
screen2.jpg

foreverapril

Re: Rat Happening (short mystery story)

#2 Post by foreverapril »

Alright, seeing as there is no feedback, I finalized the game and released version 1.0. I wonder if there is a way to move this topic to Completed Games?

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#3 Post by Mad Harlequin »

I actually have been meaning to play through this and offer feedback---I just haven't had the chance yet. I should be able to get to it sometime tomorrow evening, though. :)
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#4 Post by fleet »

foreverapril wrote:Alright, seeing as there is no feedback, I finalized the game and released version 1.0. I wonder if there is a way to move this topic to Completed Games?

Ask a moderator to move it. :)
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

foreverapril

#5 Post by foreverapril »

Mad Harlequin wrote:I actually have been meaning to play through this and offer feedback---I just haven't had the chance yet. I should be able to get to it sometime tomorrow evening, though. :)
Awesome! :) I'll be looking forward to hearing your feedback, then.