Porcelain Heart Demo

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Maelstrom-Fenrir
Regular
Completed: Shadow on the Bridge, Time Labyrinth
Projects: Porcelain Heart, Umbra
Organization: Black Witch Project

Porcelain Heart Demo

#1 Post by Maelstrom-Fenrir »

Black Witch Project Presents
I was always alone in darkness

Only watching as people passed by me.

I made a wish I could live like them
Porcelain Heart is the story of a doll who gets a chance to live. A fickle entity has decided to play a game with her. He will grant her wish but only for 1 month, if she wishes to remain human she has to get a guy to give his heart to her. And so the game of finding love begins.
Sprite art by icecheetah
BGs by Leon

Music by retribute

Story by Maelstrom-Fenrir

Beta-Readers: Veniae, Anon-kun, Compulsive Liar & Cirno
ImageImage
ImageImage

Windows: http://blackwitchproject.vnovel.com/dow ... .0-win.zip
Mac: http://blackwitchproject.vnovel.com/dow ... .0-mac.zip
Linux: http://blackwitchproject.vnovel.com/dow ... ux.tar.bz2

WIP Thread Here: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=19793

Enjoy! All comments are welcome and appreciated.
Last edited by Maelstrom-Fenrir on Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haze
Veteran
Completed: Monster Uses CPU 2, White Fog, Times Like These, bond
Projects: Secret long term project!
Soundcloud: The_Storysinger

Re: Porcelain Heart Demo

#2 Post by Haze »

I played it, and I've got to admit that I was really disappointed when the demo was over. Noooooo! I want to see what happens...oh well. *sad face*

Needless to say, I'll be looking forward to this when it comes out. It was pretty good, but I didn't really like how the sprites were only half-body. That made the scenes where the textbox was taken away look strange since you can only see that characters up to their waist! There was also something about the textbox itself I didn't like. I think it's the color, but I'm not exactly sure. Sorry; I know that's not very helpful.

Victoria's naiveity was hilarious, by the way. I laughed out loud quit a few times.
Also, Psyche surprised me the most in the game; her suicidal nature, I mean. The fact that she's Lei's childhood friend wasn't a big surprise. That kind of made sense, actually.

Is there a Fenris path? Because I would totally go for it. Just saying...
My first completed visual novel, which is at 1.3, it's final version(woo hoo!): Monster Uses CPU 2
Finally at version 1.0: White Fog

I make one song every week, all for free download! This weeks song: Synthis- The Mirror(Eliana Remix)[Preview]

You might ask yourself: If I could only save one paragraph of the work I'm writing, which one would I save?
Which one would I let go first?

-from Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing by Elizabeth Losh, Johnathan Alexander, Kevin Cannon, and Zander Cannon

Maelstrom-Fenrir
Regular

#3 Post by Maelstrom-Fenrir »

Haze wrote:I played it, and I've got to admit that I was really disappointed when the demo was over. Noooooo! I want to see what happens...oh well. *sad face*

Needless to say, I'll be looking forward to this when it comes out. It was pretty good, but I didn't really like how the sprites were only half-body. That made the scenes where the textbox was taken away look strange since you can only see that characters up to their waist! There was also something about the textbox itself I didn't like. I think it's the color, but I'm not exactly sure. Sorry; I know that's not very helpful.

Victoria's naiveity was hilarious, by the way. I laughed out loud quit a few times.
Also, Psyche surprised me the most in the game; her suicidal nature, I mean. The fact that she's Lei's childhood friend wasn't a big surprise. That kind of made sense, actually.

Is there a Fenris path? Because I would totally go for it. Just saying...
Glad you enjoyed it.

Yeah, about that issue. We are going to make sure the textbox doesn't disappear to fix that issue. (It wasn't supposed to in the first place, but I made a mistake when I was going through final edits) Hmm, I'll be sure to look into other color options and so on, if the textbox doesn't get a complete make-over for the final release.

Yeah, I had a lot of fun writing pretty much every scene in the demo. I can honestly say, I really enjoy writing for each character.
She has gotten the nickname Psycho when the betas/artist and myself talk about her now.

Fenris will have a path in the full version. Pretty much all my betas asked that same question, people seem to want a Fenris route, haha.

Luminar
Regular

#4 Post by Luminar »

Okay first thing first, congrats on the release of the demo~ (At least your making progress ^^) I really did enjoyed the demo. It made me laugh a whole lot!!
I love the 'toss me a salad' part XD I mean how can someone be so clueless! Hahaha...
Well, it did made me sad and sympathized with the heroine at some scenes. And there are some scenes that makes me curious. I was so disappointed when it ended TTATT

Hmm, I'm also quite curious how Victoria would look as a porcelain doll~ :P BTW, tried going for every route, but it doesn't seem to have a Fenris route in the demo YET, right?
The Bad End was heartbreaking, made me lift my hopes high when he cried but disappointed me when he killed her. Lei's scene was sweet! I wonder what would he do when he discovers she's not actually an orphan. Cade's scene was cute~ Naww... keep blushing! Haha, but that was a surprise at the end when Fenris turned Victoria into a doll again, but since it doesn't say bad end I shall keep my hopes high Anyways, really curious about Psyche and can't wait to see more of her psycho personality! I'm actually fond of crazy characters... ^^||
So overall I enjoyed the demo and I'm itching to play the full game!
'I would like to become the dark,
So that I may hide away and make everyone else shine.'

'You lose yourself trying to hold onto someone who doesn't care about losing you.'

I'm afraid that I'll be a book that no one reads,
Music that no one listens to anymore,
I'm afraid I'll be abandoned like a movie playing in an empty theater

Maelstrom-Fenrir
Regular

#5 Post by Maelstrom-Fenrir »

Luminar wrote:Okay first thing first, congrats on the release of the demo~ (At least your making progress ^^) I really did enjoyed the demo. It made me laugh a whole lot!!
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
I love the 'toss me a salad' part XD I mean how can someone be so clueless! Hahaha...
She really is a character isn't she XD
Hmm, I'm also quite curious how Victoria would look as a porcelain doll~
I'm curious as well, Icecheetah said she based it off a doll she owns. Maybe if we ask really nicely she will post a picture for us.
BTW, tried going for every route, but it doesn't seem to have a Fenris route in the demo YET, right?

This is correct, he does not have a route in the demo.
The Bad End was heartbreaking, made me lift my hopes high when he cried but disappointed me when he killed her. Lei's scene was sweet! I wonder what would he do when he discovers she's not actually an orphan. Cade's scene was cute~ Naww... keep blushing! Haha, but that was a surprise at the end when Fenris turned Victoria into a doll again, but since it doesn't say bad end I shall keep my hopes high Anyways, really curious about Psyche and can't wait to see more of her psycho personality! I'm actually fond of crazy characters... ^^||
Glad you enjoyed those bigger scenes. Yeah, I was tempted in making the bad end not end that way, but Fenris wouldn't let me. He actively corrected me and pointed out that would be OOC for him, with his scythe repeatedly lol. I think you mean not human, rather than orphan, I think that would shock me more :wink:. Fenris didn't exactly turn her into a doll again at the end of Cade's, sorry maybe I need to clarify that scene more. What he did was broke one of her fingers. He is kind of showing her that while she looks human, she isn't. Psyche and Fenris are the characters people are most curious about from the reactions I've gotten so far, which lol doesn't surprise me. I'm not sure which character I like best, they are all my children in a way lol. So I kind of imagine them talking to me (No I'm not insane). Thanks for the feedback.
So overall I enjoyed the demo and I'm itching to play the full game!
And I'm itching to finish it. I wish I could write in my sleep or something XD.

retribute

#6 Post by retribute »

Hey people, Ret here!
Just letting you know; the soundtrack has officially been released and if you'd like to listen and get it now it's here: http://retribute.bandcamp.com/album/porcelain-heart-2
Hope you enjoy!