Alternian Turnabout: Aradia Megido [beta][fangame][retro?]

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
EightHeadedDragon
Completed: Alternian Turnabout

Alternian Turnabout: Aradia Megido [beta][fangame][retro?]

#1 Post by EightHeadedDragon »

Screenshots:

Hello again forums. I have finally accumulated sufficient resources and solved enough technical problems to bring Alternian Turnabout, an Ace Attorney style game set in Homestuck, to beta. It has been a labor of love by myself and the MSPA forums who contributed most of the art and music in the game. I am not a programmer, and this wasn't the best platform to show off my writing skills either, but I tried to apply myself to imitating the characteristics of both series and blending them into a fusion that represented the great things about the respective series.

For a humble little game it certainly did take a whole lot of code so there is likely a horrible mistake or two in hiding, but I hope it will be an enjoyable experience overall. I did create this game in an older version of Ren'py, mostly because I started in it and there was a lot that was going to break and need fixing moving to a newer version, but I see games from even older versions than this that still look and feel pretty nice.

So as for the summary, in a nutshell this is an Ace Attorney game done with Homestuck characters and in Homestuck's art style with an emphasis on imitation. People familiar with the comic will have a better time figuring out where and when these events occurred and people familiar with the games will have a better understanding of how to play the game.
Last edited by EightHeadedDragon on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

EightHeadedDragon

Re: Alternian Turnabout: Aradia Megido [beta][fangame][retro

#2 Post by EightHeadedDragon »

I am now up to v0.99. The major menu bug has been fixed, as well as a handful of typos and lip flap issues. The game should be about complete, but during this grace period I will hopefully learn of anything else that might have broken before I celebrate its completion.

Alternian Turnabout v0.99 for Windows

Alternian Turnabout v0.99 for Mac

Alternian Turnabout v0.99 for Linux

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by gekiganwing »

From what I read on its FAQ, selling Homestuck related merchandise isn't allowed. But it looks like you're creating a free fangame. I don't know if a fan-made computer game that respects the canon (in other words, no NSFW material) would cause any problems. You can talk about it on the MSPA forum's fan projects section.

EightHeadedDragon

#4 Post by EightHeadedDragon »

gekiganwing wrote:From what I read on its FAQ, selling Homestuck related merchandise isn't allowed. But it looks like you're creating a free fangame. I don't know if a fan-made computer game that respects the canon (in other words, no NSFW material) would cause any problems. You can talk about it on the MSPA forum's fan projects section.
Hello gekiganwing,

No worries, it is a free game created on those very forums, and all the relevant people were informed of its creation a very long time ago.