Baru and the Spirit Prince (Beta)

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
tingly11
Projects: Baru and the Spirit Prince
Organization: Tingly

Baru and the Spirit Prince (Beta)

#1 Post by tingly11 »

Hello Lemmasoft community,

We've been developing 'Baru and the Spirit Prince' for a while now and are now going through beta testing. It's built on Ren'Py and is available on PC, Mac, Linux, and Android platforms. Baru is a twelve episode, family friendly 'visual novel' with turn based action, adventure and puzzle games. The only catch is it's currently available in Korean only. We're working on translating the script into multiple languages including English, Chinese, and Japanese, but it will not be available until early 2015.

We want to finish beta and do an initial launch in Korea by Christmas 2014. If you can read Korean or are simply interested in our gameplay, please visit our homepage to download the game for free (http://www.tinglystudio.com). You can support us by giving us feedback on 1) our homepage (there will be a link to a Qualtrics survey, but the survey will be in Korean), 2) here on the forum, or 3) PM. We're also trying to get on Steam Greenlight, so we'd appreciate it if you would vote for us. (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =345253541)

Here's a trailer for your reference.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUIak0XOxrc
Attachments
capture6.jpg
capture5.jpg
capture4.jpg
capture3.jpg
capture2.jpg
capture1.jpg
Last edited by tingly11 on Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ghost #9
Regular
Projects: Imaginarium
Organization: AlteRealm

Re: Baru and the Spirit Prince

#2 Post by Ghost #9 »

Unfortunately, since I don't speak Korean the only thing I can comment on is the art. WOW! I love the cheerily nostalgic storybook feel, the vibrant colors, the unique character designs...And, the music in the trailer really ties it all together! I will DEFINITELY be downloading this once it is released in English. I don't suppose you have an English synopsis?

tingly11
Projects: Baru and the Spirit Prince
Organization: Tingly

#3 Post by tingly11 »

No, not at the moment. We are working very hard to finalize the Korean script right now, after which we will proceed with the translations (including the synopsis).

But thank you for your positive comment!

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#4 Post by Mad Harlequin »

I recommend that you not use the Wheel of Fortune wheel (albeit slightly modified) in your game.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain