Our Personal Space (CLOSED)

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
qirien
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Metasepia Games
Deviantart: qirien
Github: qirien
itch: qirien
Discord: qirien

Our Personal Space (CLOSED)

#1 Post by qirien »

Beta testing is over, please feel free to download and play the final game!

Project Homepage
Game Info:
  • Release Type: Free, open source
  • Release Date: February 14, 2015
  • Genre: Sci-fi Marriage Sim Visual Novel
  • Rating: PG-13 for implied nudity, adult situations
  • Length: 4-6 hours (100k words total)
  • Endings: 3 (each with two variants)
Synopsis:
Newlyweds Jack and Kelly have come to colonize the Earth-like planet of Talaam, along with two hundred other brave pioneers. They thought their love would be strong enough to hold them together no matter how difficult the circumstances. But love on its own can't regrow failed crops, repair broken equipment, or dig cellars. Love doesn't make one immune from wild creatures, diseases, or depression. When these stresses threaten to overcome the love they started with, Jack and Kelly's choices will affect not only their marriage, but the fate of the entire colony on Talaam.

Game Features:
  • Control Kelly's fate by deciding her work schedule, hobbies, and time with Jack
  • Interactive dialogue lets the reader decide Kelly's attitude and approach to every event, as well as major decisions such as having a baby
  • 100,000 words of dialogue spread between 4 different jobs, 7 different hobbies, and 3 endings allow for a variety of playing styles and different playthroughs
  • A community of interrelated NPCs with their own motivations, families, and stories
  • Science fiction setting blends modern technology and old-fashioned frontier improvisation
  • Open source code licensed under the GPLv3.
Testing Feedback
I'd love for beta testers to test out the game and give feedback before February 10th, so I can release in time for Valentine's Day.

It would really help if you would answer these questions in your response, along with any other critique you may have:
  1. What platform did you play on?
  2. Which job did you choose? Which skills did you focus on most, or did you choose them all equally?
  3. Which ending did you get first? Were you trying to get this ending? Did you play again to get other endings? About how many points did you get (if you happen to remember)?
  4. Did you have any problems with the interface? Was there anything confusing or non-intuitive?
  5. Did you use/enjoy the Gallery and Omake?
  6. Did you have a baby?
  7. Did you find out Brennan's secret?
  8. Any other problems/inconsistencies/bugs/suggestions?
Thank you, beta testers!
Last edited by qirien on Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Finished games:

Lyrax

Re: Our Personal Space [Romance] [Drama] [Sci-fi] [Life Sim]

#2 Post by Lyrax »

Looks like a lot of work went into this game, especially the writing! That's where your work and artistic expression come out the best.

Platform: Windows
Job: Doctor
Skills: Mastered social, then creativity. Spread the rest out between 4 different skills.
Ending 3/3 (Best ending), I was totally mix/maxing all the things. I got 75/75 community points and 72/75 relationship points (just couldn't pass up harassing the husband every time!)
Encountered issue: Main Character's status and vitals don't always refresh until after I've seen the community messages; would sometimes keep last month's values until that happened.
The gallery was a nice touch.

Ended up ignoring the weather most of the time in my quest to min-max the heck out of my experience. :-D

qirien
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Metasepia Games
Deviantart: qirien
Github: qirien
itch: qirien
Discord: qirien

Re: Our Personal Space [Romance] [Drama] [Sci-fi] [Life Sim]

#3 Post by qirien »

Hey, thanks for playing it! Glad you were able to get the best ending... so I guess it was clear how to min/max if you wanted to, that's good!

The weather is kind of pointless, mostly just eye candy. I will look into that issue you noted; thank you for letting me know!

I forgot to ask; did you have a baby, or not?
Finished games: