Human Reignition Project Demo

Post demo and beta versions of your game here for testing.
Raithfyre
Regular
Completed: Highway Blossoms, Heart of the Woods
Projects: Highway Blossoms: Next Exit, Samayuuni, ???
Organization: Studio Élan
IRC Nick: raithfyre
Tumblr: considerrewordingthis

Human Reignition Project Demo

#1 Post by Raithfyre »

Heyo, the Act 1 demo for our game, The Human Reignition Project, is now available. Please do check it out at https://sekaiproject.com/hrp/ and tell us what you think. HRP is a BxG romance game, with some light sci-fi and action elements. It's available for Mac, Windows and Linux, as well as an experimental Android build. It's 35 scenes, and nearly 55k words. General completion time seems to be between 1 to 4 hours.

Backgrounds will all be redone for the final release for consistency's sake. Final release will also hopefully have a higher CG count, plus a few other changes. That said, we won't be updating the demo beyond bugfixes and potentially releases for other platforms. There are a few goodies that are unlocked after completion of your first run-through.

Thanks for taking a look. It's much appreciated.

P_Nova
Regular
Projects: Wings of Justice
Organization: BunnyPudding&Co.
Tumblr: bunnypuddingandco

Re: Human Reignition Project Demo

#2 Post by P_Nova »

Heya !

As you pointed already, the art lacks consistency. The cold 3d menu does not fit the lovely and warm feeling taht convey the sprites. As for the textbox, it seems a little bit empty and lack somes personality IMO.

I really like all the girls ! Good job for your artists !

I think you should consider the use of tag like [anticipation][uchronia][dystopia][drama][comedy] etc... (these are just for example but it must be something a VN tag fitting your script). Because the sci-fi elements are very light. But maybe you are avoiding tag in purposes, then do no care what I'm saying....

Aww, you are workign with sekai project ? You are very lucky aren't you ? ^^
Communication and editing are a lot of unexpected works ! It must be a relief to have support and guys taht helps you in theses domains !

Wish you good luck !
(>^^)> If you have tried our game, please, leave us a little comment. <(^^<)

(>^^)> !!! We are still amateur, help us to grow big and professionnal !!! <(^^<)

Test our demo !

Karl_C
Veteran

#3 Post by Karl_C »

Well, the story evolves a bit slow (I thought about to cancel playing and delete the demo), but it got much better further on.

'BxG romance game, with some light sci-fi and action elements' is not a good description in my view, I would call it 'BxG romance game, with some light film noir elements' (when I read 'science fiction', I always think of 'Star Trek' and the like).
The slightly dark mood (dead end job, isolation, drug abuse) makes it interesting to play, on the other hand the story is not too dark and cynical to be depressing.

I like it and after finishing the demo, I can't wait for the full release. ;)

No technical issues so far btw. (I'm using Linux).

Wish you good luck for the final release!

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by philip »

@Raithfyre-

Downloaded this in June, and must have gotten distracted, for I never went back to it. Rediscovered and started playing through this morning, and found that I couldn't quit (except for a short supper break). The demo was longer than I expected, but I found the story and the character interactions to be very interesting. Very nice job so far. Can't wait for the release of the full game! Can you give us a timetable for that?

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Fluxx
Regular
Projects: Magnificent//Omniversal Love, Nature's Kingdom
Organization: Natural Freedom
IRC Nick: Fluxx
Tumblr: superfunspacejam

#5 Post by Fluxx »

Played this a while back. Enjoyed it immensely.
CURRENT PROJECTS (Ongoing)
Nature's Kingdom - A Girl Wishes for Utopia -
Web Novel that takes place in the same universe as Magnificent//Omniversal Love.

ringonoki-ua
Projects: Rozumnyk/Sofia
Deviantart: ringonoki

#6 Post by ringonoki-ua »

Just finished playing recently.
I like intrigue in the beginning, the idea of rehabilitation of people who have troubles with interpersonal communication and making them to discover joys of it and also friedship, trust and maybe more. I like how you have made that creepy feeling with derelict region. Resembles a rust belt somehow by it's mood.
I like how Senri's appartment, shop interior and university's auditorium backgrounds are done.The way how designed posters in those cinema.
By the way the main character, Ken doesn't have signs of inability to communicate at a first sight, and it's not convincing, I think.
I like the idea of showing dialogue history as a text on phone's screen.
Lets talk about general feel: it seems that city is mostly empty. I haven't hear a background noise of people walking communicating and so on. I have seen a crowd only once in that community centre. Through all game the feeling that city is almost desolated and there are only Chief, Bartender, co-worker, those girls, Stalker in a suit, and enigmatic Old man are in a whole city. There no one on the streets. Kyotarou wears only a t-shirt all the time even when he is outdoors and it is snow laying around
He's in tshirt  even when snowy.<br />Located near community centre
He's in tshirt even when snowy.
Located near community centre
. In contrary Setsuna always wears coat canted with fur even indoors
fur canted coat indoors
fur canted coat indoors
. By the way, snow is painted over the render image and lacks shadows.
Then also visual inconsistency - character are drawn like in manga with a simple shading. The way we see the horizon line ad how we see girls it sims that main chartacter is extremely short.
shortness and level of horison
shortness and level of horison
The backrounds are rendered in 3 different ways in one game - semi-realistic shading like in the cold zone caffe
cold zone interior
cold zone interior
, at Senri`s squat room
inside Senri's place
inside Senri's place
, at Ken's bathroom
Ken's bathroom
Ken's bathroom
, unrealistic rendering like in anime movies - we see that outside of the house where Ken rents an appartment
оutside Ken's apartment
оutside Ken's apartment
, at the shop
shop
shop
. Then we see mix of realistic render, unrealistic cell-shading with overpainting like the snow outside the convenience store
unrealistic snow
unrealistic snow
and sometimes with photos like in city view,
new district background with photos  as the shops indoors
new district background with photos as the shops indoors
photo of footwear shop and horizon level
photo of footwear shop and horizon level
where some footwear shop is located and is represented with photo of that store. It breaks visual consistency.
Also when we see Ken and Yukino talking it seems as they almost lay on that cold brick pavement, but dont ever understand that. It's creepy.
on brick pavement they lay?
on brick pavement they lay?
The game's help info is located outside of the game and can't be viewed from inside. I feel it as inconvenient.
While inside univercity while community is in a room and light comes through the windows, the light signs on Ken's contact lens are almost invisible, because have almost the same brightness as the light from the windows.
troubles with contact lens and window
troubles with contact lens and window
I hope the things that I found and described will help you make the game better.Good luck to you!

Raithfyre
Regular
Completed: Highway Blossoms, Heart of the Woods
Projects: Highway Blossoms: Next Exit, Samayuuni, ???
Organization: Studio Élan
IRC Nick: raithfyre
Tumblr: considerrewordingthis

#7 Post by Raithfyre »

Hi, thanks to all who left comments. I'm frankly terrible at remembering to keep threads updated (I actually need to go update the main WIP thread after I finish this post...) and haven't checked back in a while. Anyway, I appreciate you guys taking time to leave your thoughts. Glad most of you enjoyed it, or at least parts of it.

Our current estimate for the full release is late next year.

I should list some of the things we intend to improve moving forward. For one thing, the much-noted artistic inconsistency. That's the result of having multiple artists working on things, and we'll be taking more care with consistency in the future. For example, with the backgrounds, we had significant contributions from two different artists, after the first one was unable to finish the project. As such, there are two dramatically different styles, and even some pieces that look unfinished.

We have a new background artist, who will be handling everything from here on out, and their work can be seen in the update on the thread which will hopefully be posted by the time anyone reads this.

In addition, we're rewriting the entire first act to be more engaging and less of a "waifu slideshow," so to speak. I'm not sure if we'll be releasing a revamped demo or not, but the content itself should be much improved for the full release.